X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    It's hard for me to take Doug Smith seriously. He lost his insight into the team once Colangelo got fired and Masai cleaned house. And from the quote it seemed like he was just providing his own observation and isn't presenting any kind of fact.

Let's hope he's right about Bobby and wrong about Masai. A short term deal for Masai would actually really suck. That's literally one foot out the door then.
    The Seattle NBA expansion with Tim Lieweke recruiting Masai makes a ton of sense. After stoking the expansion fires recently, Adam Silver just announced that they wouldn’t be looking at expansion again until 2022. Masai has probably been waiting on clarity of timing before re-upping. He’ll be like Lebron and keep signing a 1+1 every year, Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Maybe, maybe not. If I were him I'd certainly leave my options open....doesn't mean I'd necessarily leave but I would want the bargaining power if nothing else, especially cause you can only play that card once or twice and then ownership is going demand a commitment one way or another. He's in the driver seat now but that doesn't last forever.....
    I can see Masai maintaining his bargaining power. His stock has never been higher right now, doesn't make sense to lock himself up long term unless it's a sweetheart deal. If Masai wants ownership stake, MLSE should be falling over themselves to get this done, which I hope is the case.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Let's hope he's right about Bobby and wrong about Masai. A short term deal for Masai would actually really suck. That's literally one foot out the door then.
    Maybe, maybe not. If I were him I'd certainly leave my options open....doesn't mean I'd necessarily leave but I would want the bargaining power if nothing else, especially cause you can only play that card once or twice and then ownership is going demand a commitment one way or another. He's in the driver seat now but that doesn't last forever.....

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    It's hard for me to take Doug Smith seriously. He lost his insight into the team once Colangelo got fired and Masai cleaned house. And from the quote it seemed like he was just providing his own observation and isn't presenting any kind of fact.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Fuchan wrote: View Post
    https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...rt-masai-ujiri

Apologies if this has already been posted. Believed Bobby's deal is done and closing in on a short-term deal for Masai
    If the give Webster a 3-5 year deal and Masai takes a 1 year extension, it doesn't instill much confidence frankly

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

awesome link. Hopefully it's true. Good news
    it's good news about bobby but not sure about masai. the quote makes it sound like he's biding his time for a better opportunity, though i have no idea who jonah sidel is or how reliable his sauces are

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Fuchan wrote: View Post

Apologies if this has already been posted. Believed Bobby's deal is done and closing in on a short-term deal for Masai
    awesome link. Hopefully it's true. Good news

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Nah, Masai took his swings at re-signing Kawhi then at Giannis and he whiffed and it cost the team some lost opportunity. Some of you guys who are now blaming Masai for a middling team are glossing over his two attempts in the last two years to get top 5 players here. Those attempts came with a cost.

He could have played it safe, secured more talent (but not top 30 talent), but he swung for the fences and here we are. Presumably working their way back to the plate for the next swing.

I won't even bother speculating what he does next, I have no idea.
    To be fair, when you swing and miss, you gotta be prepared to take the heat for the whiff .....

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This is why I was all in on the idea of trading for Paul George and even Westbrook to entice Kawhi to stay.
    Even if Kawhi decided to leave, PG and Westbrook would have been really good trade pieces. A lot better than what we have now.
    ya westbrook netted the NBA's worst asset of the last half decade or so, plus a heavily protected pick. ka-ching!

just think of what PG could get fetch if he has another bubble performance with 4 years and $190 000 000 left on his deal.

should be sweet

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Nah, Masai took his swings at re-signing Kawhi then at Giannis and he whiffed and it cost the team some lost opportunity. Some of you guys who are now blaming Masai for a middling team are glossing over his two attempts in the last two years to get top 5 players here. Those attempts came with a cost.

He could have played it safe, secured more talent (but not top 30 talent), but he swung for the fences and here we are. Presumably working their way back to the plate for the next swing.

This is why I was all in on the idea of trading for Paul George and even Westbrook to entice Kawhi to stay.
    Even if Kawhi decided to leave, PG and Westbrook would have been really good trade pieces. A lot better than what we have now.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Torontos as good a place as any for a platform for his work. And if teachers pensions can be owners why not masai. I think hes gonna want to get this team out of the mud and at the top again. It would kinda look bad if he left now

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

lowkey that's Masai

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Bobby Webster could be great, but he could also turn out to be the FVV of GMs, i.e., we have no idea if he can run a team without elite talent to bail him out.
    lowkey that's Masai

Leave a comment:

Working...
X