Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

what did he do wrong?
    Nothing. But IF and is a big IF we lose to Orlando what next? Should he be held to account ?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post

Nothing. But IF and is a big IF we lose to Orlando what next? Should he be held to account ?
      Held to account for what? Providing the most talented players for the best team in Raptors history? For having one of the best organizations in the NBA? For smart drafting and great player development? For players coming to the Raptors and having career years? For firing a coach who demonstrated over five seasons that "Casey gonna Case?"

You know, you are right. He should be held accountable for that. I'm going to start a "Go Fund Me" campaign for the statue.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Frankly, could still see them winning in 5. Great game plan defensively, not sure Orlando has an answer for it besides hoping for scorching hot shooting and career nights from role players like game 1.

Smarten up offensively and run the offence through the stars on the floor at all times and the Raps could still glide through this round. Just have to wise up.
        This post has aged nicely.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

This post has aged nicely.
          Contrary to my actual track record, I like to imagine all my posts age that nicely.

Also, now I've gone and jinxed it and they'll blow game 5 or something just to make me look bad.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Held to account for what? Providing the most talented players for the best team in Raptors history? For having one of the best organizations in the NBA? For smart drafting and great player development? For players coming to the Raptors and having career years? For firing a coach who demonstrated over five seasons that "Casey gonna Case?"

You know, you are right. He should be held accountable for that. I'm going to start a "Go Fund Me" campaign for the statue.
            We are a long way from the promised land of NBA finals. Bottom line results matter...my point was that IF we fail to win and in Kawhi were to leave he would bear some responsibility. As of today it looks like we will beat Magic. 76ers series will be tough but there is good chance we can advance. I hope we will be able to build a statue for MU but failure to get to the expected level would require some introspection. Results do matter.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post

We are a long way from the promised land of NBA finals. Bottom line results matter...my point was that IF we fail to win and in Kawhi were to leave he would bear some responsibility. As of today it looks like we will beat Magic. 76ers series will be tough but there is good chance we can advance. I hope we will be able to build a statue for MU but failure to get to the expected level would require some introspection. Results do matter.
              Maybe we should save "ifs" like "if they lose to the Magic" for situations where that seems remotely likely rather than running with excessively unlikely hypotheticals.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just wanted to say it is almost a crime that Masai has 32 pages of posts, and Kawhi has 211 (or so) after just 10 months. After all, it is Masai who has gifted us with this team through trades and drafting. I understand that there is not something to talk about virtually every day wrt Masai and the team like there is with the players. But still. Good to remember why we are sitting here all smug and satisfied, expecting a game 5 win and a deep playo9ff run. Tim and Sid got it right: "I believe in Masai."

Comment

Just wanted to say it is almost a crime that Masai has 32 pages of posts, and Kawhi has 211 (or so) after just 10 months. After all, it is Masai who has gifted us with this team through trades and drafting. I understand that there is not something to talk about virtually every day wrt Masai and the team like there is with the players. But still. Good to remember why we are sitting here all smug and satisfied, expecting a game 5 win and a deep playo9ff run. Tim and Sid got it right: "I believe in Masai."
                  C'mon, no love for Bobby Webster?

Comment

Just wanted to say it is almost a crime that Masai has 32 pages of posts, and Kawhi has 211 (or so) after just 10 months. After all, it is Masai who has gifted us with this team through trades and drafting. I understand that there is not something to talk about virtually every day wrt Masai and the team like there is with the players. But still. Good to remember why we are sitting here all smug and satisfied, expecting a game 5 win and a deep playo9ff run. Tim and Sid got it right: "I believe in Masai."
                    The amount of time fans spend talking ownership and management is inversely proportional to how many games a team wins. The less you hear about ownership and management the better: generally means they are doing their jobs well.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The amount of time fans spend talking ownership and management is inversely proportional to how many games a team wins. The less you hear about ownership and management the better: generally means they are doing their jobs well.
                      Generally true of all topics. We only discuss when there's something to argue about

Comment

• https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...didate-wizards

There's another name generating whispers among league sources: Toronto's Masai Ujiri.

The Raptors president is intrigued by the idea of moving to Washington, multiple sources tell NBC Sports Washington.

Consider Ujiri a significant long shot despite his attraction to the market, which comes in part to viewing Washington as a larger platform for the Basketball Without Borders program. Ujiri serves as director of the program that sponsors various basketball camps and coaching clinics in his native Africa. His wife also grew up in the D.C. area.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...didate-wizards

The group of candidates for the Washington Wizards’ open general manager position is starting to take shape -- even with a new wild card contender.

Sources confirmed with NBC Sports Washington that the Wizards have expressed interest in Danny Ferry and Houston’s Gersson Rosas and remain patient for Denver’s Tim Connelly. Tommy Sheppard, Washington’s interim GM, is another viable candidate.

There’s another name generating whispers among league sources: Toronto’s Masai Ujiri.

The Raptors president is intrigued by the idea of moving to Washington, multiple sources tell NBC Sports Washington.

Consider Ujiri a significant long shot despite his attraction to the market, which comes in part to viewing Washington as a larger platform for the “Basketball Without Borders” program. Ujiri serves as director of the program that sponsors various basketball camps and coaching clinics in his native Africa. His wife also grew up in the D.C. area.

Good news though is it also says this:

Ujiri, 48, joined Toronto in 2013 and signed an extension in 2016. The Raptors are unlikely to let Ujiri interview for any current opening, including the Lakers’, according to a league source. The Los Angeles position opened when Magic Johnson abruptly resigned during the final week of the regular season, but the Lakers are not expected to fill the vacancy.

Why would Masai be intrigued by the Wizards job? Come on MLSE.. pony up the cash. Masai needs to be a lifer. Give him a stake in the company if you have to.

Comment

• Masai gonna become first Nigerian president of United States
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...didate-wizards

Good news though is it also says this:

Why would Masai be intrigued by the Wizards job? Come on MLSE.. pony up the cash. Masai needs to be a lifer. Give him a stake in the company if you have to.
                              I wish we had Lieweke at a time like this. That was such a brilliant time for Toronto sports...the new chairman of MLSE is who? He certainly lacks the charisma of Lieweke. He's off in Seattle getting them pro sports teams last I heard
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Is goals are also "Without Borders"?

Comment

Working...
                                X