Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmemily wrote: View Post

....is the same guy who also said Ujiri presented his ID "in a threatening manner."
    Threatening is basically a euphemism for "...I saw a tall black man."

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

In this case, "credentials" means that you're wearing a gold armband or a white face. Or orange face, if you're Leo Rautins, which allows a 6-8 person to run (not walk) straight past security into a heavily enforced secure area.
      It all makes sense why Leo breezed through. Orange people have certain privilege in USA right now
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It all makes sense why Leo breezed through. Orange people have certain privilege in USA right now
        Ouch.

Comment

this burn was on level 9
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Ernie took a dump on the Warriors logo and no one said a thing

Comment

What feels most suspicious to me is a reporter saying that the officer's superior confirmed that he was fine after the supposed scuffle, but now he has a concussion.

Also, I love Deadspin:

Presumably an armed police officer can defend himself against a laminated piece of paper....
              The superior isn't a doctor though, I'm assuming. If he went to the hospital after and he has a professional diagnosis as concussed and an injury to the jaw then that's different(the guy is now out on injury leave). Then it comes back to this alleged video no one has seen yet. If Masai got the guy in the face on tape then its bad news. If not then the guy is totally full of shit and who knows what happened to him after he left the scene. We really need to see that tape. If Masai did hit him in the face there's also the argument of self defense, again we don't know what was said, who was standing where, etc. Pointless to speculate and Masai is smartly saying nothing right now.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Ernie took a dump on the Warriors logo and no one said a thing
                That was actually Steph when the Warriors gang tackled Kawhi and called a time out they didn't have. lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

The superior isn't a doctor though, I'm assuming. If he went to the hospital after and he has a professional diagnosis as concussed and an injury to the jaw then that's different(the guy is now out on injury leave).
                  From Caitrin Hodson of CityNews (via her Twitter account):

I spoke to the Staff Sargeant for the Alameda Sheriff's Office the morning after. He confirmed over the phone that the officer had been checked by a doctor and was completely fine. Unhurt with no injuries.
                  Now, Kelly is the departmental spokesperson. Perhaps he was misinformed ... but if so, that is a huge mistake for a public information officer to make.

Comment

From Caitrin Hodson of CityNews (via her Twitter account):

Now, Kelly is the departmental spokesperson. Perhaps he was misinformed ... but if so, that is a huge mistake for a public information officer to make.
                    Indeed. If it goes to court then the doctor(s) will have to testify... Unless the cop is full of shit. He'd have to be really stupid to lie about this.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I agree with most of what you said. But let's not make this entirely a US/CDN thing, when we have black youth with a knife on a bus get shot 20X by multiple officers with no one near him or in any immediate danger....
                      Absolutely, we've got our own problems.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Masai is actually a predator. Almeida County cops had an infrared camera in the building, and it caught Masai delivering a monstrous blow to that unsuspecting officer.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Cop was being a tight asshole if he knew who Masai is, saw credentials but shoved him away because of technicality.
                          Once AGAIN, this is the eyewitness FOR Masai:

"Wiener says Ujiri's credentials were in his hands and not clearly visible to the deputy when he tried to go onto the court. The deputy stopped him and Ujiri stepped back, before trying to go forward again. When Ujiri was stopped by the deputy again, Wiener said Ujiri pushed the deputy in the chest with two hands."

From all the video and photos I have seen, Masai was holding his credentials (at least eventually) and not wearing them (easily visible). There are more than a few sides to this story.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Once AGAIN, this is the eyewitness FOR Masai:

"Wiener says Ujiri's credentials were in his hands and not clearly visible to the deputy when he tried to go onto the court. The deputy stopped him and Ujiri stepped back, before trying to go forward again. When Ujiri was stopped by the deputy again, Wiener said Ujiri pushed the deputy in the chest with two hands."

From all the video and photos I have seen, Masai was holding his credentials (at least eventually) and not wearing them (easily visible). There are more than a few sides to this story.
                            He wasn't holding them eventually, he was holding them as soon as he started coming out from the tunnel.

Even the cops' story has it that Ujiri presented his credentials ("aggressively"), so I'm not sure how anyone can take a stance where the officer didn't know who Masai was at the time of the shoving.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Indeed. If it goes to court then the doctor(s) will have to testify... Unless the cop is full of shit. He'd have to be really stupid to lie about this.
                              At this point, I think you'd have to take the over on "really stupid".

Comment

• If I’m the DA’s office, I drop this. The inconsistency of stories coming out
                                pf that police department is embarrassing!

***If the accounts are correct***

I don’t condone the actions of the police officer, you can uphold the law without acting like an aggressive jackass. As an enforcement officer in that type of event you have to be a representative of your city as well as keeping the peace. Major fail on his part.

I also don’t condone the actions of Masai... under no circumstances do you touch a police officer. I agree with Apollo, you stand down, any action you take escalates the situation, and 10 times out of 10 you don’t come out on top.

I think we are pretty lucky to live in this country. In most cases our police officers are trying their best to uphold the law without excessive force. There are blemishes but very far and few between, nothing like south of the border.

Comment

Working...
                                X