Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post

    This is the other part of your argument I'm having a hard time swallowing. You & Deaner are talking about following the rules, the laws, doing things by the book, etc... Yet the law is founded upon "presumed innocence until proven guilty". But we have seen zero evidence as proof of Masai striking the officer in the face. Even though this incident happened in front of 10's of thousands of people with camera phones up the yin-yang and multiple world-wide network cameras rolling.

    If you truly want to follow "the rule of law", then we have to dismiss those so-called claims by the cops as being complete rubbish, until they show some evidence. Why are you so intent on taking their word for it? Even moreso after they have been changing their story as days go by?

    That's really all you're clinging to right now is: "the cops said that Masai did this....." The body camera miraculously switching off at the moment of truth? C'mon, man.
    Point in my posts where I say Masai is guilty. Go ahead, I've said the opposite in fact. I said I believe in Masai and I hope that didn't happen.

    Second, I don't have to dismiss anything from my mind to follow the law... Are you the thought police? Law works like this: someone is accused of breaking the law, it goes to court if the prosecutor believes the police handled the investigation properly and there is enough evidence to get a conviction. In court the evidence is presented, witnesses called, accused examined, etc. The accused gets a chance to defend themselves and then a deliberation is made by judge or jury.

    We're in the early stages and the police have made statements about their side. I'm not sure how listening to this and speaking about this isn't following the law... I'm stumped here. We can't have a conversation about actual stuff in the news story because Masai hadn't been convicted of anything? I'm not "clinging" to anything. I'm having a discussion with someone who doesn't want to have a discussion. You want an echo chamber, is that it?

    Comment


    • police seem to be confident with their story as they claim to have video evidence:

      https://globalnews.ca/news/5417213/m...ntials-deputy/

      ​https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/body-camera-backs-up-assault-allegations-against-raptors-ujiri-sheriff​​​​​​




      don't think ujiri is in a good spot here.
      Last edited by whateverx2019; Fri Jun 21st, 2019, 08:51 PM.

      Comment


      • whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
        police seem to be confident with their story as they claim to have video evidence:

        https://globalnews.ca/news/5417213/m...ntials-deputy/

        ​https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/body-camera-backs-up-assault-allegations-against-raptors-ujiri-sheriff​​​​​​




        don't think ujiri is in a good spot here.
        Nothing convinces me more of Masai's innocence than you taking the other side Let's see the body cam

        Comment


        • G__Deane wrote: View Post

          Nothing convinces me more of Masai's innocence than you taking the other side Let's see the body cam
          I don't think the police department would embarass themselves by stating they have video evidence that supports the sheriff's allegations ....this isnt some NBA analyst trying to get attention

          this is a serious matter

          Comment


          • whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

            I don't think the police department would embarass themselves by stating they have video evidence that supports the sheriff's allegations ....this isnt some NBA analyst trying to get attention

            this is a serious matter
            Body cam turned off when Masai pushed him


            "allegedly"
            All man. All amazing.

            Comment


            • MixxAOR wrote: View Post

              Body cam turned off when Masai pushed him


              "allegedly"
              where did you read or hear that ?

              Comment


              • whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

                where did you read or hear that ?
                20 pages ago
                All man. All amazing.

                Comment


                • https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ercation-with/

                  The body cam, police said, switched off the instant Mr. Ujiri made contact.
                  but at first report was


                  Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Jun 22nd, 2019, 12:07 AM.
                  All man. All amazing.

                  Comment


                  • Don't forget this what was first reported

                    According to the Alameda County Sheriff's Office, Ujiri was trying to get into the court but did not have the proper credentials. The deputy asked for the credentials and told Ujiri he couldn't get on the court without them, at which point Ujiri pushed the deputy striking him in the face, the sheriff's office said. The deputy then pushed Ujiri back, the sheriff's office said.
                    now it's this

                    When asked about this, Sgt. Kelly confirmed that Mr. Ujiri did identify his role with the Raptors and did hold up his credentials, but the placard he presented did not permit court access. Moreover, Sgt. Kelly continued, Mr. Ujiri presented the document in a “very threatening kind of way” directly in the officer’s face.

                    At this same moment, Mr. Baller said, others in the area started shouting Mr. Ujiri’s position. “That’s the general manager of the Toronto Raptors,” Mr. Baller heard one person yell, but the officer “shook his head ‘no’" and pushed Mr. Ujiri. (Sgt. Kelly says the officer, who felt Mr. Ujiri was violating his personal space, pushed the executive away and said something to the effect of “get away from me.”)
                    All man. All amazing.

                    Comment


                    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Don't forget this what was first reported



                      now it's this
                      Just reeks of BS
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                      Comment




                      • The Alameda County Sheriff's Office was met with a wave of furious criticism after one of the department's public information officers said he mistakenly retweeted one of the nation's most prominent white nationalists, Richard Spencer, from the department's official Twitter account.

                        On Monday night, the sheriff's office retweeted Spencer, who tweeted a link to a live feed of a news conference with "#UniteTheRight" in the caption.
                        Not to be outdone, the department was sued in 2011 by a Black driver who said he was racially profiled during a meritless traffic stop. Only he wasn’t just any other Black driver. He just happened to be an attorney with the San Francisco public defender’s office who knew his rights and was arrested because he tried to record to encounter on video. Kwixuan Maloof said he was handcuffed while police conducted an illegal search of his vehicle.
                        All man. All amazing.

                        Comment


                        • "Police spokesperson Sergeant Ray Kelly said high-definition security footage from Oracle Arena shows Mr. Ujiri striking the deputy with “two fists,” one of which landed “underneath his jaw on the left side of his face"


                          ​​​​he has a concussion ? ujiri must have struck him in some way

                          the conckusion of all this will be interesting

                          ​​​

                          Comment


                          • All man. All amazing.

                            Comment


                            • All man. All amazing.

                              Comment


                              • If this turns out what it looks like (racial profiling), Ujiri should bring a lawsuit against the 'peace officer', Staff Sergeant Kelly and the Alameda Sheriff's Office. Call their bluff!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X