Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• So Masai is staying and he likes his chances of convincing Kawhi to stay?

Excuse me I need to go take a . I'm dying here.
      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 25, 2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Masai so passionate about Africa. He's going to end up as King of the Continent or something like that.
        Good, very few people sincerely are. Spare me the bullshit charities and crocodile tears about 50 cents a day to feed this one kid.

Africa has massive systemic issues, ends with corrupt government but begins with education and organized sports for the young children

No offense, but helping that one starving kid does nothing, not as long as theres a thousand more born tomorrow
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Absolutely great presser. Full of nuggets. Go look for it on Youtube. Watch the whole thing.

On another note, I was surprised at the number of female journalists asking questions. It seemed like half of the questions were from women. That's great news if the demographics have changed that much. I liked how Masai said something like, "Now that we have the trophy, I can go back to ownership and ask for a WNBA team.

Also he constantly referred to how the Raptors can be stand-ins for the whole world in the NBA. The one team outside the US. The one team in a country with such a diverse population. The little country that has a population the size of California beating all the rest of the NBA US teams. Lots of places in the world love that story. And Masai is absolutely aware of the marketing opportunity. He wondered out loud why the Raptors hadn't been marketing themselves that way for years already. I suspect MLSE will shift gears a little and start positioning themselves as the team that represents everybody. Teh market for Kawhi jerseys isn't 35 million, it's not 350 million, it's 7 billion.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Masai so passionate about Africa. He's going to end up as King of the Continent or something like that.
            He is just a passionate type about everything it seems ... but re Africa... having rubbed shoulders with Mandela I can see how this raising the continent drives him. I think he has the "follow me and I'll take you there" ethos about him even with his staff and players. We are lucky to have him.

Comment

• If MLSE were smart business types with vision they would give MU a piece of the company. The NBA unlike hockey internationally, is in ascendancy... who better to be fronting MLSE's interests globally ?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

He is just a passionate type about everything it seems ... but re Africa... having rubbed shoulders with Mandela I can see how this raising the continent drives him. I think he has the "follow me and I'll take you there" ethos about him even with his staff and players. We are lucky to have him.
                Hes making the change he wishes to see.

most of us would kill to have an nba job. This guy is a champion, may be hall of fame, and hell, lets think about a Nobel peace prize one day

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  If MLSE were smart business types with vision they would give MU a piece of the company. The NBA unlike hockey internationally, is in ascendancy... who better to be fronting MLSE's interests globally ?
                  You can just make him the CEO of MLSE. That's what I believe ultimately will happen if he hangs around. You don't give up equity. Just give him a bigger payday.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

You can just make him the CEO of MLSE. That's what I believe ultimately will happen if he hangs around. You don't give up equity. Just give him a bigger payday.
                    Ya, Lieweke was the last real CEO they had, and those are large shoes to fill. Apparently the CEO currently is Michael Friisdahl, but I'm pretty sure that's just a made up name/person. I'd feel damn good about it being Ujiri though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Ya, Lieweke was the last real CEO they had, and those are large shoes to fill. Apparently the CEO currently is Michael Friisdahl, but I'm pretty sure that's just a made up name/person. I'd feel damn good about it being Ujiri though.
                      No, Friisdahl is legit. He's the perfect guy right now for MLSE.

Comment

• MLSE CEO comes with a lot of work for other teams. Does he have the time or desire to be doing nhl board meetings, or cfl conference calls?

selfishly, I want masai focused on 3 things. The Toronto Raptors, Africa, and his 2 kids.

in that order.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Also he constantly referred to how the Raptors can be stand-ins for the whole world in the NBA. The one team outside the US. The one team in a country with such a diverse population. The little country that has a population the size of California beating all the rest of the NBA US teams. Lots of places in the world love that story. And Masai is absolutely aware of the marketing opportunity. He wondered out loud why the Raptors hadn't been marketing themselves that way for years already. I suspect MLSE will shift gears a little and start positioning themselves as the team that represents everybody. Teh market for Kawhi jerseys isn't 35 million, it's not 350 million, it's 7 billion.
                          Uncle Dennis is listening.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Absolutely great presser. Full of nuggets. Go look for it on Youtube. Watch the whole thing.

On another note, I was surprised at the number of female journalists asking questions. It seemed like half of the questions were from women. That's great news if the demographics have changed that much. I liked how Masai said something like, "Now that we have the trophy, I can go back to ownership and ask for a WNBA team.

Great points, for me myself not being a Canadian this was the main factor, which made me choose to cheer for Raptors instead of more renowned (popular) organizations. Marketing wise it has to be better utilized. Should change it to We The World and put heavy focus on more international free agents (we have great African players already).
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Great points, for me myself not being a Canadian this was the main factor, which made me choose to cheer for Raptors instead of more renowned (popular) organizations. Marketing wise it has to be better utilized. Should change it to We The World and put heavy focus on more international free agents.
                              They have way more work to do in this country still. Drive 45 minutes in any direction from downtown Toronto and basketball is a niche sport that just showed up on the radar in late may.

We need more youth camps, more exhibition games, more off season appearances by. One look at what % of Canadian players are from Toronto (90ish%) compared to what % of canadians are from Toronto (16~%) shows how much untapped potential there is among "we the other"..the 30 million canadians not in Toronto

Comment

• Masai is a true inspiration. He might be the best executive in sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X