Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91
    replied
    The problem is Larry isn’t a spring chicken. I hope there’s someone competent to take over. Maybe the vice Chairman role will turn into Chairman at some point. Who know what the future holds.

If Ed doesn’t see the difference between the Masai Raptors and almost every front office we’ve had before him, he’s truly an idiot. It took 20 years to make the Raptors a relevant franchise, why fuck it up.

Bobby would be and will be a great team president at some point, but Masai brings more than just good basketball to Toronto. I honestly think Toronto and Canada are becoming more inclusive with his guidance and leadership.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Makes me so sad now to hear that Masai has an enemy at the top representing a huge chunk of the ownership.
    Now we can at least put a face to the stories when Tim Leiweke became CEO of MLSE and brought in Masai, he was surprised of how internal were the infighting between the telecommunication companies (Bell & Rogers) that owned stocks of MLSE, each one only looking out to their agenda. I bet you when Tim left it was Ed Rogers who was the happiest guy of them all, cause he finally can get back some powers that were lost as Tim was considered a sports guy who cared about winning. I mean you don't hear anything coming out the mouth of Michael Friisdahl (current CEO) as he isn't really a sports guy and just looking out for the bottom line.

Basically what I am trying to say is that Masai future trajectory is eventually becoming the CEO of MLSE which will be terrific for the sports & entertainment in Toronto which is also why the other guys aren't too happy.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Oct 25, 2021, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    When Masai was hired as GM, the Raptors were ranked 21st in terms of net worth in the NBA. Today they are ranked 10th, passing such iconic teams as the Heat, the 76'ers and the Spurs. The franchise is worth 2.45 billion as opposed to 2013's 420 million.

Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Fuck Ed Roger's! Arrogant executive fuck hiding his intentions! Glad this story got out!! He is the type who would hire a Rob Babcock while not giving a fuck about winning. There are plenty of those mismanaged franchises around because of a guy like that!
    Ed Rogers, the entitled Lucky Sperm Club member, probably can't handle the fact that Ujiri is a self-made success story who has earned all the accolades and is worth every penny of value that he creates. Probably views Masai as some type of hustler that daddy him warned about who is trying to steal money away from his trust fund. Hate to play the race card, but I wouldn't be surprised that deep down there is some racism involved here. This is an example of why & how the second and third generation often pisses away their generational wealth.

Makes me so sad now to hear that Masai has an enemy at the top representing a huge chunk of the ownership.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    If those offers are to be true, pretty cool that Ujiri stuck around. A 3% ownership stake is a pretty hefty signing bonus, considering franchises are worth minimum 1.5 B and climbing every day.
    Its great to see someone leave that type of money to stay in Toronto, especially dealing with a prick like Edward Rogers.

Masai wanted to be here and Rogers almost ruined it. Thank god for Tannenbaum.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Fuck Ed Roger's! Arrogant executive fuck hiding his intentions! Glad this story got out!! He is the type who would hire a Rob Babcock while not giving a fuck about winning. There are plenty of those mismanaged franchises around because of a guy like that!

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Rogers was the key proponent of the NHL deal along with Keith Pelley. Mohamed wanted nothing to do with it but he was on the way out at the time.
    Ah yes, Keith Pelley the hustler "projects" deal maker. It didn't take him long to pull the chute and took off to his gig with Golf Europe.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Edward was once put in charge of the paging division at Rogers. That pretty much tells you all you need to know.
    lol. That's like Intel creating a "Chairman and CEO of Vacuum Tubes Division" to keep somebody out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    If those offers are to be true, pretty cool that Ujiri stuck around. A 3% ownership stake is a pretty hefty signing bonus, considering franchises are worth minimum 1.5 B and climbing every day.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Hilarious that this guy thought Ujiri was over paid. Look in the freaking mirror dude. You have no skills or talent and make way more than Ujiri.
    Edward was once put in charge of the paging division at Rogers. That pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Hilarious that this guy thought Ujiri was over paid. Look in the freaking mirror dude. You have no skills or talent and make way more than Ujiri.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post

Wonder if Ed Rogers does any self critiquing about that insane tv contract he probably signed off on with the NHL which probably directly led to letting go many of their employees and diminished bottom line. How much did winning a championship add to the Rogers brand? And how about 'em Leafs? He wouldn't have dared try to pull that play if it was a successful Leafs head-man.
    Rogers was the key proponent of the NHL deal along with Keith Pelley. Mohamed wanted nothing to do with it but he was on the way out at the time.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    LOL. There was a reason the old man didn't put Ed in charge and a reason Guy Laurence pushed Ed and Melinda out when he took over.

Ed learned nothing from when he tried to replace Beeston. Calling Reinsdorf for permission to talk to Kenny Williams when Reinsdorf and Beeston were old friends. The reaching out to Williams anyway when he didn't get permission (i.e. tampering). Then Ed goes to the New York Yankees for help!!! Then he basically tried to strong-arm the Orioles into letting the Jays sign Duquette, which was another disaster cause he was tampering again. Then he fucked up the Anthopoulous negotiations cause his ego got in the way.

I guess now we know why the whole thing took so long.

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    Fuck Ed Rogers

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Here is a snippet:

Was that team offering 3% ownership stake Washington? Interesting that a Soccer team was interested in poaching him as well.

Thank god for Tanenbaum.

Wonder if Ed Rogers does any self critiquing about that insane tv contract he probably signed off on with the NHL which probably directly led to letting go many of their employees and diminished bottom line. How much did winning a championship add to the Rogers brand? And how about 'em Leafs? He wouldn't have dared try to pull that play if it was a successful Leafs head-man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X