Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chris wrote: View Post

    i'll be on this boat too if i feel that the new management is incompetent but i'm not sure what makes you assume it would be? i think organizationally we'll still be pretty strong if we keep bobby webster and dan tolzman and nurse and his staff. the biggest thing we'd lose is the clout masai has garnered for recruiting top free agents, but i expect we'd still be able to keep winning by identifying talent on the margins and developing them as we have been doing for years. that's not all due to masai, i don't think.
    Totally unproven at this point ....

    Comment


    • Earlier this past summer it was WAS, now the NYK both times the selling point is not basketball but building the Giants of Africa initiative. Don't buy it. Masai has consistently stated he is committed to the Raptor organization and is not going anywhere. I'll take him at his word. ...

      Comment


      • The Great One wrote: View Post
        Also, the Knicks winning a championship would be bigger than anything we've ever seen in North American sports history. Bigger than any Lakers or Celtics championships, bigger than the Cubs winning a World Series, bigger than the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl. It'd be huge.
        For who, New York? Why does Masai care about that? Explain in detail why he uproots his family and turns his back on this winning system he built which took so much effort and considerable time.

        To turn the Knicks into that would require so much work that he'd be getting booed before they realized their potential. Even in Toronto fans were getting impatient and for some it didn't look like it was going to happen to them. First it was "he's riding Colangelo's coattail" and then it was more to the order of "he's not aggressive enough, why isn't he doing more?"

        Comment


        • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
          Earlier this past summer it was WAS, now the NYK both times the selling point is not basketball but building the Giants of Africa initiative. Don't buy it. Masai has consistently stated he is committed to the Raptor organization and is not going anywhere. I'll take him at his word. ...
          It's called a losing mentality. Think up a failing outcome, then bridge the gap of how it could become reality. Then dwell on that.

          Comment


          • All these rumours say to me is that masai must be the best in the business. Cause thats what the knicks need and no other executive is being linked to the team like masai. But I'm not worried, folks in the league, MU being one of them, surely understand that state of dysfunction in that franchise better than the rest of us. I'm sure there is plenty of evidence to deter him from that sad sack of a franchise.

            Comment


            • Apollo wrote: View Post

              For who, New York? Why does Masai care about that? Explain in detail why he uproots his family and turns his back on this winning system he built which took so much effort and considerable time.
              New York is the biggest platform in the world for his Africa programs. Nothing else comes close.

              Masai is about more than basketball. This is a legit compelling reason to leave. I’m worried.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post

                New York is the biggest platform in the world for his Africa programs. Nothing else comes close.

                Masai is about more than basketball. This is a legit compelling reason to leave. I’m worried.
                We live in the digital age. He can have as much reach as he wants, anywhere. It all comes down to strategy and execution. I feel like you're repeating all the ideas that the talking heads (who live in NYC) spew. Funny thing is top tier executives won't go there, top tier coaches won't go there and top tier players won't go there. No one of great significance wants anything to do with the Knicks. You can torture yourself with the media propaganda but there's nothing real to backup any of their fantasies.
                ​​​​​

                Comment


                • Apollo wrote: View Post

                  We live in the digital age. He can have as much reach as he wants, anywhere. It all comes down to strategy and execution. I feel like you're repeating all the ideas that the talking heads (who live in NYC) spew. Funny thing is top tier executives won't go there, top tier coaches won't go there and top tier players won't go there. No one of great significance wants anything to do with the Knicks. You can torture yourself with the media propaganda but there's nothing real to backup any of their fantasies.
                  ​​​​​
                  It’s a digital age, but nothing can replace building relationships face to face. The biggest movers and shakers on the planet are always buzzing around NYC.

                  Comment


                  • So provide evidence of what you say. What has Masai said about moving to NYC? Who has gone on record about it? Anyone? It's NYC fantasies.

                    Comment


                    • but man Knicks are trash. These rumors are flying while they still employ people. Steve Mills and Scott Perry must feel like shit lmao
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • I'm still kind of curious as to why Masai didn't sign an extension this summer if one was offered. The optimistic in me says that it's a good business decision as he could get a bigger deal when he's a "free agent" as he'd have multiple bidders.

                        The pessimist is wondering why he wouldn't sign it if it was lucrative enough (as the article suggests) if he likes Toronto so much.

                        It's not so much about the Knicks, it's that he has an opt out. It runs through 2021 so we have some time, but MLSE needs to up their lucrative offer man. I wish Tim was still around. He would have locked up Masai no question.


                        Comment


                        • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          but man Knicks are trash. These rumors are flying while they still employ people. Steve Mills and Scott Perry must feel like shit lmao
                          These rumors speak volumes about the those above Mills and Perry.

                          Comment


                          • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            All these rumours say to me is that masai must be the best in the business. Cause thats what the knicks need and no other executive is being linked to the team like masai. But I'm not worried, folks in the league, MU being one of them, surely understand that state of dysfunction in that franchise better than the rest of us. I'm sure there is plenty of evidence to deter him from that sad sack of a franchise.
                            So, I can see Masai playing the Knicks. Goes there on a guaranteed 5 year contract for $20 - $30 million a year, with guranteed free hand to do whatever he wants, Dolan complains to the media in the first year, Masai comes back to Toronto making $20 - $30 million a year, MLSE pays him $5 mill a year and Masai can devote the full $5 mill to GOA, while bringing home another NBA Title.

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • The Great One wrote: View Post
                                I'm going with this quote for now.

                                Again, would Ujiri consider the Knicks? Several reports, including one from Newsday, suggest that he would be open to listening, particularly because it would benefit his charitable work. But one person in touch with Ujiri recently came away with the impression that he wasn't too excited about the idea of joining the Knicks. Of course, things change and a big contract/full autonomy could be enough to lure Ujiri or other top executives

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X