No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to resign both PJ and Serge. Cory, and JV are probably gone this summer. I don't know about DC because there isn't much return for him if we even can move him. Masai did say he has permission to go in the tax and spend what he wants to. Maybe drop Cory and pay the biggest tax in the history of the league for one year and take a shot at the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone see the half time interview with Jeff Weltman (no thread?)? The Sportsnet journalist (name?) said "you got serge for nothing" and Jeff was quick to say that Ross isn't nothing. Poor Terry.

Comment

Yesterday someone posted the top coaches in the NBA ranked by ESPN. Not sure if anyone referenced the top management teams.

That was ranked as well:
        http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...t-ratings-1-30

Masai/Weltman came in 6th.

Here is the top 10:

1 San Antonio Spurs
        President: Gregg Popovich
        GM: R.C. Buford 9.65

2 Golden State Warriors
        GM: Bob Myers 9.17

3 Boston Celtics
        President: Danny Ainge 8.54

4 Houston Rockets
        GM: Daryl Morey 8.52

5 Cleveland Cavaliers
        GM: David Griffin 8.07

6 Toronto Raptors
        President: Masai Ujiri
        GM: Jeff Weltman 7.85

7 Miami Heat
        President: Pat Riley
        GM: Andy Elisburg 7.57

8 Utah Jazz
        GM: Dennis Lindsey 7.30

9 Oklahoma City Thunder
        GM: Sam Presti 7.15

10 Dallas Mavericks
        GM: Donnie Nelson 6.43

... personally I would have swapped Morey with Masai. But I'm biased.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Yesterday someone posted the top coaches in the NBA ranked by ESPN. Not sure if anyone referenced the top management teams.

That was ranked as well:
          http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...t-ratings-1-30

Masai/Weltman came in 6th.

Here is the top 10:

1 San Antonio Spurs
          President: Gregg Popovich
          GM: R.C. Buford 9.65

2 Golden State Warriors
          GM: Bob Myers 9.17

3 Boston Celtics
          President: Danny Ainge 8.54

4 Houston Rockets
          GM: Daryl Morey 8.52

5 Cleveland Cavaliers
          GM: David Griffin 8.07

6 Toronto Raptors
          President: Masai Ujiri
          GM: Jeff Weltman 7.85

7 Miami Heat
          President: Pat Riley
          GM: Andy Elisburg 7.57

8 Utah Jazz
          GM: Dennis Lindsey 7.30

9 Oklahoma City Thunder
          GM: Sam Presti 7.15

10 Dallas Mavericks
          GM: Donnie Nelson 6.43

... personally I would have swapped Morey with Masai. But I'm biased.
          I would've swapped ainge with Masai.

Comment

How in the world is Cleveland 5? If LeBron decided not to come back home then they are the team that had like three #1 picks in I think 4 years and still sucked.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
              I would've swapped ainge with Masai.
              Ainge has been pretty good:
              - Brooklyn trade
              - IT trade
              - Crowder/Rondo trade
              - Landing Stevens
              - Signing Horford
              - Could end up as the #1 team in East.

I'd give the nod to Ainge over Masai and I hate the Celtics.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                How in the world is Cleveland 5? If LeBron decided not to come back home then they are the team that had like three #1 picks in I think 4 years and still sucked.
                Lmao Cleveland is a disaster, clearly on pace to ruin another Lebron tenure with poor personnel choices, the only success they've managed is because Lebron is Lebron.

I would absolutely put Masai in the top 3, without reservation.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

They won the chip last year.. I guess that gets you in the top 5 even though it's really Lebron running that clown show over there in Cleveland.

Comment

They won the chip last year.. I guess that gets you in the top 5 even though it's really Lebron running that clown show over there in Cleveland.
                    It's just that it was a move their GM had absolutely no control over. LeBron made that decision. If he doesn't they continue to be the laughing stock of the NBA. Clown show indeed.

Comment

I think they're actually grading Lebron as the defacto shadow GM whenever he's in Cleveland.

Comment

- Brooklyn trade
                        - IT trade
                        - Crowder/Rondo trade
                        - Landing Stevens
                        - Signing Horford

Pierce, kg, and rondo all had championship pedigree (Crowder was a fantastic get tho), whereas, masai turned bargs into a top 10 pick, after his predecessor (a former exec of the yr) couldn't get anything for a long time. The Knicks were dumb but the nets were historically dumb.
                        Rudy gay had a bad contract and that trade netted some useful assets that over time became other useful assets.
                        Ibaka was a hand in glove fit, whereas, Horford was more BPA (aside from KD) in FA.
                        The IT trade was good but it's partially by chance that the pick wasn't higher. He also hasn't proven he can overcome his D in the playoffs yet.
                        The Stevens signing was great.
                        Biggest thing for me is the picks. Ainge has had a ridiculous bounty and not really done much with it so far. He has two more golden tickets so he has to get that right before I consider him better than masai. Jury is still out on Bruno but other than that, masai has done more with less imo.

Comment

- Brooklyn trade
                          - IT trade
                          - Crowder/Rondo trade
                          - Landing Stevens
                          - Signing Horford

So how much is Stevens and how much is ainge? Cause I thought stevens was great because the roster isn't actually that good? The chicken or the egg..
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            So how much is Stevens and how much is ainge? Cause I thought stevens was great because the roster isn't actually that good? The chicken or the egg..
                            I think the GM and the coach are both great. Ainge took a chance on kids like Crowder and Thomas. Stevens turned them into world class talent. Ainge has that bounty from Brooklyn. What Masai did to NY is nothing compared to what Ainge did to Brooklyn. Boston tanked for one or two years; now has the best record in the East with 7-8 games left.. and will most likely get a top 3 pick in the next two drafts. Bit envious of that f'n franchise.

Fuck I hate Boston.

Comment

I think the GM and the coach are both great. Ainge took a chance on kids like Crowder and Thomas. Stevens turned them into world class talent. Ainge has that bounty from Brooklyn. What Masai did to NY is nothing compared to what Ainge did to Brooklyn. Boston tanked for one or two years; now has the best record in the East with 7-8 games left.. and will most likely get a top 3 pick in the next two drafts. Bit envious of that f'n franchise.

Fuck I hate Boston.
                              Boston also has the luxury of being a big market where guys like kd and ray allen wanted to play, and then won a ring and sold high at the right time. Toronto is only now starting to become a destination. Masai sold a guy who washed out of the league a couple years later, ainge sold two hall of famers. Both great gms no doubt but comparing the fleecings is kind of apples and oranges. Thomas was a great trade no doubt, almost similar to he raptors buying low on lowry (I know that was BC). Both gms have made mistakes. Brown was a bad pick for Boston imo, carroll was a bad signing. Amir was a bad signing but short term pain. I don't think Horford is a max guy, I'd rather have ibaka at a little less of a cap hit. Greivis "retired and no one noticed" vasquez for powell and the pick that helped us get ibaka. The ibaka deal, tucker deal, how bout john salmons for a fun year of lou will and bebe? Masai is a masterful dealer.

They're both very very good GMs no doubt
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Fuck I hate Boston.
                                I wouldn't say it's nothing. We literally booed bargs off the court until he cried. Kg and pierce were championship talents and the proof that alot of the value in that trade was more the nets being dumb is that they didn't attach protections to any of those picks. That to me says that Danny did not have to negotiate much at all. The nets just wrote a blank cheque.
                                Look at his draft record: we got sully for a song and bebe too, olynk looks like he might walk for nothing, RJ hunter was waived, Mickey/Rozier/Jackson are all ok-ish, James young is a miss, who knows what they have in zizic and yabusele?, Smart and brown look like solid one-way players. I think I'm missing like several picks there too which is further testament to his unremarkable record. What is remarkable is the quantity of picks and not much to show for it imo.
                                Ainge is good but masai is definitely better imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X