Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post

Marc Stein just put this out. Losing Masai AND Webster would be doomsday scenario, but again it's obviously difficult to tell what exactly is going on
    Ujiri watchers...People who stalk Masai?

I'm not worried.

Comment

• Look all the trolls..lol..American sports machine is in overdrive..everyone is on Knicks D$#%..u forget one thing..herpes like James Dolan don't go away that easily..
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The number one problem that James Dolan will have when it comes to trying to recruit Masai to the Knicks is... James Dolan. James Dolan would be the number one obstacle to Masai doing things his way for a long enough period of time to make actual change with the Knicks in the pressure-cooker New York NBA market. And even if the normally impatient Dolan would agree to let Masai build things his way on his timetable, the equally impatient average Knicks fan and/or media member would hold Dolan's feet to the fire to interfere with Masai's work with the team. And I am quite sure that Masai knows this - that it would be a five year deal which would consist of maybe two years of actual management work and heavily-resisted organizational reform, potentially followed by an extended period when nobody will hire you because you got fire from the lowly New York Knicks. Taking on the Knicks job is the NBA equivalent of cleaning the Augean stables, complete with the metaphorical stench of manure.

The eternal question about Masai to the Knicks, then, most likely comes down to this: is it actually possible for James Dolan to offer Masai enough money for Masai to come to New York anyway? And how much money would that be? 12 million a year? 15? 20?

Comment

Marc Stein just put this out. Losing Masai AND Webster would be doomsday scenario, but again it's obviously difficult to tell what exactly is going on
          So on one hand, the "trusted Ujiri watcher" is convinced that Ujiri will absolutely maneuver his way out. And in the same breath (i.e. the fine print at the end), the Ujiri watcher is not even sure that Masai even covets the job. Uh.... okay.

Comment

• Can someone post that video of MU saying he "and you can clap, I hate the NYNs. That would please me right now.

Comment

• If Masai dips just over a year after the “believe in this city, believe in yourselves” speech imma be big sad
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Silver might push Ujiri to join Knicks because they need Knicks to be good.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Silver might push Ujiri to join Knicks because they need Knicks to be good.

Comment

• I like to think Ujiri is not that type of man but who knows
                    Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Feb 4, 2020, 11:27 PM.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• When it comes to basketball executive, Pat Riley is in the same tier as Masai. He's been in Miami FOREVER. How come his name never gets float around like as a saviour of a bad franchise like the Knicks?

Raptors won a championship and Masai's name all of a sudden is all over the place.

Something is going on here behind the scenes.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

If Masai dips just over a year after the “believe in this city, believe in yourselves” speech imma be big sad
                        Masai leaving at this point in time would sting about the same and vince quiting on the franchise. Don't think he would do that a year after winning a title
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

So on one hand, the "trusted Ujiri watcher" is convinced that Ujiri will absolutely maneuver his way out. And in the same breath (i.e. the fine print at the end), the Ujiri watcher is not even sure that Masai even covets the job. Uh.... okay.
                          Right? Also "Ujiri watcher" is code for "I have no sources on this from within the Raptors organization. None at all."

This is like so much of last year's trade deadline chatter, opinion pieces presented as insider info/trade rumours. People are creating content when they don't have any.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Silver might push Ujiri to join Knicks because they need Knicks to be good.
                            NBA needed the Knicks to be good for like half the century and the current Raptors regime in totality has been better than the last 50 years for them. I don't buy that the NBA badly wants the Knicks to be good (at least they won't force it). NBA is way more focused on getting international attention and fan fare these days.

Comment

• I don't see anyway that Masai would leave. I read an article (Thestar) that said MLSE gives Masai a lot of leeway to do what he wants (his own side projects) during the regular season.

At the end of the day, I really appreciate what he brought to our franchise. But if the man gets offered a lot of money to captain the Titanic; kudos for him. We can warn him, but its his decision. As long as Jimmy Dolan owns the Knicks, that franchise will always be underwater.

Comment

• If Adam Silver is really pushing Masai to the Knicks the NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X