X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G____Deane
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

I think maybe one benefit to the approach Masai has taken, with Lowry, Fred, etc, in not trading them just to trade them or for a minimal return, is some confidence from other of his guys that he'll send them where they would like to go. "Do right" by them, as it were.
    With respect, that's such bullshat
    You don't trade them for a minimal return becuase it's a minimal return, full stop.

No players are thinking "I don't want to play in Toronto but they always do right by players so off I go!"
    It's one thing to try and not screw players by sending them to a bad situation but if the best trade means sending them to a bad team.....cya!

Otherwise you shouldn't be a professional GM.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Masai will never, ever stop searching for the next Giannis. lol.

Here are his stats, btw. Not bad, considering he's an 18-yr old kid playing against adults in a pretty decent pro league.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...-salaun-1.html
    .359% from the field? That can't be right can it?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Project 6-9 lives on.
    Masai will never, ever stop searching for the next Giannis. lol.

Here are his stats, btw. Not bad, considering he's an 18-yr old kid playing against adults in a pretty decent pro league.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...-salaun-1.html

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied

Project 6-9 lives on.
    Quick Google search. He is apparently a 6'10 player that has the ability to score at all 3 levels and good explosiveness.

Front offices scout a lot of different players, even players that are probably out of reach at their draft pick, but who knows. Maybe Masai is trying to make up for the mistake of giving the FRP for Poeltl.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Project 6-9 lives on.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

My point is the extend him and trade him later ship has sailed. Pascal has zero reason to accept an extension from us when he knows we we want
    To deal him.
    I think maybe one benefit to the approach Masai has taken, with Lowry, Fred, etc, in not trading them just to trade them or for a minimal return, is some confidence from other of his guys that he'll send them where they would like to go. "Do right" by them, as it were. By all accounts (which should be taken with a grain of salt, but still) OG seems to have wanted NY, and that's where he is. So I suspect if Masai and Pascal are talking extension, it's with the understanding that either the team gets rolling and they stick together or if the team does decide to trade him, they'll do what they can to get him to a winning situation or a situation that he wants to go to.

I doubt extension is off the table. I suspect if the Raps offered the max extension now he'd sign it. I just think a) the Raps don't really want to sign him long term at that dollar value (which I think is a little silly but whatever), and b) that they are looking to trade him first instead, and if the trade offers are not good enough, maybe the Raps come back to the extension talks with a real offer.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

What if a trade is the only way for him to get to the team he wants to play for?
    That would be great. Just let us know where and we can get max value.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

My point is the extend him and trade him later ship has sailed. Pascal has zero reason to accept an extension from us when he knows we we want
    To deal him.
    What if a trade is the only way for him to get to the team he wants to play for?

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied

To deal him.
    All rumors say he's getting traded. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

Fair enough but that's what I'm saying. Masai can't afford a bad trade or peanuts for his most important asset. Obviously he can't let him walk for nothing either.
    To deal him.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied

He needs to not lose Siakam for nothing. Home run if he moves him implies Pascal will stay if we don't trade him. I don't think that's the case. Detroit can max Pascal and near max another top free agent. Pascal knows we don't want him long term. Why would he stay?
    Fair enough but that's what I'm saying. Masai can't afford a bad trade or peanuts for his most important asset. Obviously he can't let him walk for nothing either.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

He needs a home run if he moves Siakam
    He needs to not lose Siakam for nothing. Home run if he moves him implies Pascal will stay if we don't trade him. I don't think that's the case. Detroit can max Pascal and near max another top free agent. Pascal knows we don't want him long term. Why would he stay?
    Last edited by Primer; Sun Jan 14, 2024, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    My speculation but I don’t think I am far off…

Where would this team be if Masai made both VanVleet and Siakam (who were still under contract) available 2 seasons ago.

We could have properly build this thing properly around Scottie and OG

so many variables but trading those two when their value at their highest could have netted Masai significant salary flexibility and draft capital to strengthen the foundation around his No.4 pick.

it is what it is….We will find out soon on how we proceed.
    He needs a home run if he moves Siakam

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    My speculation but I don’t think I am far off…

Where would this team be if Masai made both VanVleet and Siakam (who were still under contract) available 2 seasons ago.

We could have properly build this thing properly around Scottie and OG

so many variables but trading those two when their value at their highest could have netted Masai significant salary flexibility and draft capital to strengthen the foundation around his No.4 pick.

it is what it is….We will find out soon on how we proceed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X