X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Utah Jazz are back to .500 only one season after selling high on 2 all-stars (Gobert & Mitchell) with contract term. And they have the assets to land a superstar.
    Masai badly miscalculated the situation, thinking that VanVleet was the next Kyle Lowry and everything will just fall into place. Even closer to the end of his crusade, still hoping that VanVleet would resign, trading draft capitals just to acquire back Poeltl to cover up VanVleet’s inability to be the future PG of the franchise.

2 years behind to a proper rebuild.

Hopefully this time, he does it right and we give him the benefit of the doubt.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Masai not trading VanVleet and Siakam when they’re value at their highest 2-3 seasons ago to accumulate future picks, the repercussions to why we are all here in this predicament.

While Sam Presti is a marquee star player and may 1 or 2 solid bench pieces away in going toe to toe with Denver.
    Utah Jazz are back to .500 only one season after selling high on 2 all-stars (Gobert & Mitchell) with contract term. And they have the assets to land a superstar.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

So you think if they went back to KAT being top dog and demote Ant, that they would be winning at a higher pace?
    Ant’s USG is way too high at 32%. Should probably drop it to the 28 range and see if his efficiency can improve and split that usage between Conley, Gobert & KAT. Ant & KAT could be co-top dogs. 32% is for legit superstars, not volume scorers.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Masai not trading VanVleet and Siakam when they’re value at their highest 2-3 seasons ago to accumulate future picks, the repercussions to why we are all here in this predicament.

While Sam Presti is a marquee star player and may 1 or 2 solid bench pieces away in going toe to toe with Denver.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Things changed when they figured out the fit with Gobert on defense. I mean, that should be obvious. He’s a 3X DPOY. The good McDaniels brother is also an excellent defender.

I still don’t see your point. Minny wins exclusively with defense…. that’s their identity. But you keep trying to bring the reason back to Ant and offense. They lose with offense…. 20th in the league. They were actually 8th a few years ago when KAT was top dog.
    So you think if they went back to KAT being top dog and demote Ant, that they would be winning at a higher pace?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Definitely don't want to force feed usage, but I would like to see the offense run through Scottie. Sure go stand in the corner when you need a blow but otherwise I want to see him get a touch the ball every possession. He's gets taken out of the offense for long stretches and that's gotta change if he's the one they're building this team around.

I used Ant as an example because things didn't change for Minny until he became top dog. You can point to defense if you like but they don't win all those games without Ant.
    Things changed when they figured out the fit with Gobert on defense. I mean, that should be obvious. He’s a 3X DPOY. The good McDaniels brother is also an excellent defender.

I still don’t see your point. Minny wins exclusively with defense…. that’s their identity. But you keep trying to bring the reason back to Ant and offense. They lose with offense…. 20th in the league. They were actually 8th a few years ago when KAT was top dog.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Ok, but I thought we were discussing force feeding Scottie more usage to speed up his offensive development, and you were using Ant as an example of success… which he is not.
    Definitely don't want to force feed usage, but I would like to see the offense run through Scottie. Sure go stand in the corner when you need a blow but otherwise I want to see him get a touch the ball every possession. He's gets taken out of the offense for long stretches and that's gotta change if he's the one they're building this team around.

I used Ant as an example because things didn't change for Minny until he became top dog. You can point to defense if you like but they don't win all those games without Ant.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Ok, but I thought we were discussing force feeding Scottie more usage to speed up his offensive development, and you were using Ant as an example of success… which he is not.
    Pascal is a good example of it working. Year 4 after Kawhi left we upped Pascal's usage to 28.1% and he made the All Star game and was All NBA. Only 35 mpg too, it wasn't more minutes it was more touches. That's the season he became a quasi elite max player. I want that same opportunity for Scottie, and getting the current number 1 out of the way was an essential ingredient.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

You're focusing on one area of the game. See the part where I said it's not about how Edwards being the man is leading to success, it's if he wasn't they wouldn't be? You're bonkers if you think they'd be as good if it was still KAT's team.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He will also have opposing defense focused on him
    I don't think any more than he does now. Pascal ideally is replaced with a floor spacing shooter, which would actually make it easier on Scottie not harder.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post

Yes. And if PS is traded there will be a new role for Scottie and he will move up in the pecking order.... and be more assertive
    He will also have opposing defense focused on him
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Jan 13, 2024, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I know, man.
    And sometimes I hate Scottie for not demanding.
    But I also underastand that he is still young and a good kid. You can see he has great respect for Pascal and the other vets. Ultimate team guy.
    Maybe when he gets a bit older, he will learn to do the things that he is supposed to do.
    Yes. And if PS is traded there will be a new role for Scottie and he will move up in the pecking order.... and be more assertive

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

You’re still not getting it. Minny is not successful on offense. They are bottom 10 in the league. Edwards gravity isn’t helping their offense.

They are winning with elite defense. You can make a better argument that Ant has upped his 2-way game, which helps them win games and overcomes his inefficiency on offense.
    You're focusing on one area of the game. See the part where I said it's not about how Edwards being the man is leading to success, it's if he wasn't they wouldn't be? You're bonkers if you think they'd be as good if it was still KAT's team.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

That's a case of stats not telling the full story. The numbers don't speak to how Edwards tilts the defense to creates opportunities for others as an example. It's not about how Edwards being the man leads to success. It's that if he wasn't they wouldn't be successful. Do you really think if KAT was still the go to guy that Minny would be experiencing this sort of success?

Not saying Scottie needs to be taking every shot, but he needs to have the offense run through him a more. It amazes me that he drifts in and out of the offense and at the end of the night he's got 20pts and 5 assists. If there were fewer possessions of Scottie standing in the corner impersonating a floor spacer he could be a top 15 player.
    You’re still not getting it. Minny is not successful on offense. They are bottom 10 in the league. Edwards gravity isn’t helping their offense.

They are winning with elite defense. You can make a better argument that Ant has upped his 2-way game, which helps them win games and overcomes his inefficiency on offense.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

He's currently being told to go stand in the corner while IQ and Dennis run point from the top of the key. That's not being put in a position to succeed. So yes I think Darko would balk if Scottie demanded the ball he would say go stand in the corner. This delusion that Scottie gets to decide how the offense is run is freaking nuts.
    Theres no way coach tells anyone to stand anywhere. Movement off the ball always. Scottie isnt too active off the ball. Its on him. If he wants to stand in the corner with a defender an arm’s length away he wont get as many touches

and yes as mentioned defence is the problem anyway

Leave a comment:

Working...
X