• Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Two possibilities:

- PD saw the footage, realized cop fucked up and covered his ass

Or

- PD saw the footage and saw nothing wrong

Both possibilities are fucking terrible. What bullshit
    As bad as this sounds I hope it is the first option and not the second. I would respect loyalty over ignorance.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

What did he say? Video not available here.

Fucking human garbage man, that cop got me all fired up... That's the worst kind, a redneck with a gun and legal system to bail him out when he uses it to express his hatred. The USA is a dystopian country worthy of Black Mirror episode.
      yeah he should have backed masai even more...

Basically he said that Masai was walking forward with too much energy

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...s-altercation/

Great video here but the slo mo in the other video of Masai coming from way back in the crowd was new to me.
        Complete vindication for Masai imo, why did it take a year to see this video?

Comment

• Too much energy lol. Imagine how excited he must have been. It’s not like he was running to the ring like Ultimate Warrior. with what transpired I wish he had.

Comment

• Wow, I'm happy for Masai but what a POS that cop is. Even as Masai is hugging Kyle you can see him looking over Kyle's shoulder back at the cop. What a shame it ruined the moment for him.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...s-altercation/

Great video here but the slo mo in the other video of Masai coming from way back in the crowd was new to me.
              Complete vindication for Masai imo, why did it take a year to see this video?
              My guess is that Masai wants to keep the BLM conversation of racial injustice front and center. Otherwise, it would be a distraction to the team... but this is a topic that must stay front and center and not dissipate like it always does.

I mean, if the top executive in the NBA can be attacked at the crowning moment of his career in front of thousands in person, and millions watching on TV; then it just goes to show you how entitled and protected these lowlife SOBs think they are. What do you think is happening when the cameras are off?

Comment

Its not exact quote but basically he said: Not pointing or blaming. Masai should learn his lesson. And as leader he needs to learn to avoid these types of situations.

Most bullshit answer.
                after seeing this video Silver will feel dumb and ashamed for saying that.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Silvers speak kind of feels like legal talk to me. He may have had a different conversation behind the scenes with Masai, i would hope he did.
                  Don't forget the guy was suing (or still is suing). The NBA too. I would hope that clips was just him making sure the NBA had their bases covered and he supported Masai while it was going on and once this is settled in court comes out and supports him publicly
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• This tells it all. Warning, its a little distrubing to say the least.

The police officer should have made a public apology. Instead he sued despite knowing this body cam film existed, which tells you how high on power he was in my opinion. Some people think a little power is a license to be a complete shithead.

Comment

And a beautiful moment there at the 18:10 mark.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

after seeing this video Silver will feel dumb and ashamed for saying that.
                        Silver and Masai are apparently good buddies.... so it's no harm, no foul.

Comment

• Masai is countersuing the cop. Go get 'em Masai

I dont know how to post tweets

https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz/...806597122?s=20

OG is our king

Comment

• I originally assumed Masai may have been unintentionally pushy/looking past the cop in a situation like that, but he wasn't at all. He stopped. He held his credentials up. He was talking to the guy. But just like piles of other videos coming out during protests - the cop initiates the violence. They do it over and over again. These guys working double overtime for six figures are jacked up on adrenaline and have nowhere near the training for de-escalation or just basic conflict resolution. They're jacked up power trippers.

There are European police departments that require 2+ years of post secondary and are far more focused on weeding the asshats out. The US absolutely needs to move in that direction, Canada's had issues too and should provide more and better training and have higher entrance requirements.

As a tax payer I'd 100% be willing to pay for better trained, better qualified, and better screened police departments who are then better paid if need be to attract that kind of talent. We should also absolutely by spending money on this stuff instead of armored tactical vehicles. We have Canadian cities of 50,000 people with armored police vehicles. The whole mentality you foster with that crap (and blacked out cruisers) is that the cops are at war with the general public. Then you take guys who are prone to power tripping and get jacked up on adrenaline and you hand them military grade rifles, body armor, and vehicles and you have whole police departments taking entirely the wrong approach to their job. That equipment was literally developed for war zones and now it gets deployed on our city streets. Throw all those resources into training and screening instead.

Then there's police unions. That's the root of a lot of the problems in the US.
                            Last edited by S.R.; Wed Aug 19, 2020, 12:38 PM.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Wow, I'm happy for Masai but what a POS that cop is. Even as Masai is hugging Kyle you can see him looking over Kyle's shoulder back at the cop. What a shame it ruined the moment for him.
                              You're absolutely right Rudy, and don't hold back. That Piece of Shit ruined Ujiri's crowning achievement as an executive in the NBA.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                Too much energy lol. Imagine how excited he must have been. It’s not like he was running to the ring like Ultimate Warrior. with what transpired I wish he had.
                                lol ultimate warrior LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X