X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

No. Minny is 20th in ORTG and 1st in DRTG. Edwards has a 111 ORTG (league average is ~ 116). Yep… he’s shooting them out of games, slightly. So Wolves are winning with defence and Edwards is hurting them on offense.

And Edwards has a much deeper bag than Scottie, whose ORTG is 117 (barely above league average). Scottie’s USG is right where it should be.
    That's a case of stats not telling the full story. The numbers don't speak to how Edwards tilts the defense to creates opportunities for others as an example. It's not about how Edwards being the man leads to success. It's that if he wasn't they wouldn't be successful. Do you really think if KAT was still the go to guy that Minny would be experiencing this sort of success?

Not saying Scottie needs to be taking every shot, but he needs to have the offense run through him a more. It amazes me that he drifts in and out of the offense and at the end of the night he's got 20pts and 5 assists. If there were fewer possessions of Scottie standing in the corner impersonating a floor spacer he could be a top 15 player.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

You know how Edwards came onto KAT's team and is now the man there and the team is better off for it? That.
    No. Minny is 20th in ORTG and 1st in DRTG. Edwards has a 111 ORTG (league average is ~ 116). Yep… he’s shooting them out of games, slightly. So Wolves are winning with defence and Edwards is hurting them on offense.

And Edwards has a much deeper bag than Scottie, whose ORTG is 117 (barely above league average). Scottie’s USG is right where it should be.
    Last edited by golden; Sat Jan 13, 2024, 02:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied

You know how Edwards came onto KAT's team and is now the man there and the team is better off for it? That.
    I mean Edwards is a guard, who should be the primary over a big man and he is a better player than KAT.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

He needs to be at 30% usage every game. The offense needs to run through him. It doesn't.
    For the time being, that is delusional. You still have Pascal on the team and now RJ and especially IQ.

We're also complaining about the wrong thing. The offense has been fantastic as of late. Its the defense that has been bad, so why exactly are we complaining about Scottie's usage?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    People are overexaggerating the hell out of Scottie not being on ball.

He was the primary guy last game. 32% usage. He had an off night against the Clippers, outside of that, he's been fine.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

He was the primary guy last game. 32% usage. He had an off night against the Clippers, outside of that, he's been fine.
    He needs to be at 30% usage every game. The offense needs to run through him. It doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Balk at the face of this league? At the player who the organization is openly talking about building around? That doesn't sound like a guy you ask to go stand in the corner. Speaking of being delusional.
    The players don't decide individually where they go and what they do on offense. Scottie cannot just unilaterally declare himself the PG in half court sets. He's been told by Darko to go to the corner, just as everyone else has been told where to go. Dennis gets the ball because that's what Darko has instructed the team to do.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

We need our best player to be the best player every night. Team isn't going anywhere until that happens. It's like what Pascal said before the season started when talking about selfishness. Something to the effect of the ball always ends up finding its way to the best player(s).
    I know, man.
    And sometimes I hate Scottie for not demanding.
    But I also underastand that he is still young and a good kid. You can see he has great respect for Pascal and the other vets. Ultimate team guy.
    Maybe when he gets a bit older, he will learn to do the things that he is supposed to do.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

You know Scottie demanding would fall under the selfishness metric.
    We need our best player to be the best player every night. Team isn't going anywhere until that happens. It's like what Pascal said before the season started when talking about selfishness. Something to the effect of the ball always ends up finding its way to the best player(s).

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Is this our best plan for motivating Scottie?
    I’m doing my part. lol. Voted every day for Scottie and added RJ my ballot.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

Balk at the face of this league? At the player who the organization is openly talking about building around? That doesn't sound like a guy you ask to go stand in the corner. Speaking of being delusional.
    You know Scottie demanding would fall under the selfishness metric.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

He's currently being told to go stand in the corner while IQ and Dennis run point from the top of the key. That's not being put in a position to succeed. So yes I think Darko would balk if Scottie demanded the ball he would say go stand in the corner. This delusion that Scottie gets to decide how the offense is run is freaking nuts.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Silver lining of Scottie not making the ASG this season will be him coming back super motivated next year to be a top 10 player.
    He still won't make it. Raptors need to at least be a top 6-8 team in the East for him to get a chance next season. There is even parity between players. And the tipping point in deciding who makes the game will be the guy on the better team.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

He's not a child that should need motivating is my problem. He's been given all the best tools, nutrition, training etc. to be the best player he can be. He's also been put into a great position to succeed. Don't think anyone would balk if Scottie demanded the ball every time down the court.

He's gotta WANT to be the best player on the court every time he steps onto it.
    He's currently being told to go stand in the corner while IQ and Dennis run point from the top of the key. That's not being put in a position to succeed. So yes I think Darko would balk if Scottie demanded the ball he would say go stand in the corner. This delusion that Scottie gets to decide how the offense is run is freaking nuts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X