Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    Another Exec of the year award for Masai if Toronto makes it to the finals.
    Great avatar bro.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Great avatar bro.
      Thanks man,
      favorite player, favorite team- l am super stoked.

Let's just hope Kawhi shows up.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
        Another Exec of the year award for Masai if Toronto makes it to the finals.
        And if they go out in 2nd round? And Kawhi walks? Pink slip?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          I don't think so. I think Masai's reputation throughout the league will remain basically untarnished once the current events blow over.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            I don't think so. I think Masai's reputation throughout the league will remain basically untarnished once the current events blow over.
            Agreed.
            That is one trade that probably any GM will make.

Comment

• i mean ppl now know he will go 4 it. he won't sit on his hands.

Comment

There's no way. Even if we're forced to rebuild I expect him to be in charge through the first few years of that. But if that were to fail then the board might make a change.

So he's got four years at least, in my opinion. Presuming he doesn't quit or get poached.

Comment

• Masai has built up tenure.. BC had 7 years and only made the playoffs twice. Masai has made the playoffs every year he's been here. Big difference. Things can go sideways when you start losing badly.. but if Masai has a vision on how he'll rebound from a rebuild and explains that to the board than he might stick around longer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Masai has built up tenure.. BC had 7 years and only made the playoffs twice. Masai has made the playoffs every year he's been here. Big difference. Things can go sideways when you start losing badly.. but if Masai has a vision on how he'll rebound from a rebuild and explains that to the board than he might stick around longer.
                    He doesnt need to explain anything. Masai is making them money first and foremost. Masai has also set the roster in such a way that a rebuild isnt gonna take very long if it were to occur. The only issue I see is DD talking into the young players ears telling them Masai is a snake and such. FVV is probably another player that isnt happy Masai traded DD, lets hope we can re-sign him in 2 years.

Comment

Secretly, I think Masai wanted to get out of Demar's contract. The Kawhi trade just gave him a legit reason. Even if Kawhi left, we could start the rebuild one year early. It wasn't that long ago (4-5 years) where Masai wanted to rebuild from scratch.

Comment

• Masai said it himself, you have to take a shot at a championship, you are here to win. It’s his job to put the best roster out there and he didn’t feel the roster was good enough.

DeMar is taking it personally, thinking he was the issue but Masai easily would have made this deal with anyone else but SA wanted DD and Masai didn’t want to attach much more than that. Lowry could have easily been the guy or a combination of other players but that’s not how it went down.

It wasn’t only Casey and DeRozan’s fault.

Comment

• Finally No more “evaluating” jokes.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            Secretly, I think Masai wanted to get out of Demar's contract. The Kawhi trade just gave him a legit reason. Even if Kawhi left, we could start the rebuild one year early. It wasn't that long ago (4-5 years) where Masai wanted to rebuild from scratch.
                            And he was willing to trade Lowry to the Knicks who in effect chickened out of the deal (I think a 1st rnd pick).

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              Masai said it himself, you have to take a shot at a championship, you are here to win. It’s his job to put the best roster out there and he didn’t feel the roster was good enough.

DeMar is taking it personally, thinking he was the issue but Masai easily would have made this deal with anyone else but SA wanted DD and Masai didn’t want to attach much more than that. Lowry could have easily been the guy or a combination of other players but that’s not how it went down.

It wasn’t only Casey and DeRozan’s fault.
                              I mean, it was mostly their fault.

It can be both you know. Casey had to go. DeMar being moved should have been near the top of the list of priorities. At the top of that list is always to find a superstar, so it just turned into a two-birds-one-stone situation.

I do think Masai would have done the deal with others involved. But I also think he didn't push too hard trying to keep DeMar out of the deal. The battle was almost certainly over keeping as many prospects (specifically OG and Siakam) out of the deal as possible.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Agreed.

Look at it this way, if we all found out that the deal was on the table, and Ujiri hadn't pulled it off based on loyalty to DeMar, how would the fans react? How would the media and these analysts react?

If Kawhi--whatever team he would've ended up on and played for this season if TOR hadn't made the deal--played really well, I'd bank that 90% of people would say TOR missed out on an opportunity.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X