Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    I still wish the Raptors re-signed Lou. It was heist for LA when they signed him for something like $7M, but, that would likely mean no Cojo or Carroll, either.

I also wonder how Carroll would've been had he been healthy. He was a dog before he got injured, and he was actually quite good.
    Lou stepped up his game in L.A however in Toronto during the playoffs the guy was bricking most of his 3 pointers and played terrible defence. This kind of effort pissed off Masai and its been a constant theme that any player on this team that cannot shoot 3 as well as play defence during the playoffs will soon find his way out of town. You cannot fail at both on this team, the analytics need to be positive.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Lou stepped up his game in L.A however in Toronto during the playoffs the guy was bricking most of his 3 pointers and played terrible defence. This kind of effort pissed off Masai and its been a constant theme that any player on this team that cannot shoot 3 as well as play defence during the playoffs will soon find his way out of town. You cannot fail at both on this team, the analytics need to be positive.
      Oh, absolutely, but hindsight is 20/20, he's been damn good ever since he left Toronto. He improved defensively both with the Rockets and the Clippers -- not sure if the stats back that up, but he was defending better than he did as a Raptor.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Masai: Obama! We're getting Kawhi!

Obama: What's the deal?

Masai: Derozan and that Poeltl kid, and Spurs are gonna throw in Danny Green too!

Obama:

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Masai: Obama! We're getting Kawhi!

Obama: What's the deal?

Masai: Derozan and that Poeltl kid, and Spurs are gonna throw in Danny Green too!

Obama:

Obama is the enemy... He is a Chicago Bulls fan.

Comment

Obama is the enemy... He is a Chicago Bulls fan.
              We've accepted t rex into our tribe so we can make room for 44
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He echoed the same sentiments on the Woj pod.

And we'll probably hear it again at Friday's presser.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  Oh, absolutely, but hindsight is 20/20, he's been damn good ever since he left Toronto. He improved defensively both with the Rockets and the Clippers -- not sure if the stats back that up, but he was defending better than he did as a Raptor.
                  It was Casey's empty-the-clip game plan

Comment

• That was a bad move. Of course D is good but Lou was a good spark off the bench and just wanted 7m/yr and wanted to stay here. as soon as he left we needed surprise a spark off the bench. He dropped more clutch buzzer beaters in one season than DD did in 9 yrs. I figured it was Casey who didnt like him and influenced the decision to let him walk.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      That was a bad move. Of course D is good but Lou was a good spark off the bench and just wanted 7m/yr and wanted to stay here. as soon as he left we needed surprise a spark off the bench. He dropped more clutch buzzer beaters in one season than DD did in 9 yrs. I figured it was Casey who didnt like him and influenced the decision to let him walk.
                      Pretty sure Masai didn't want to to bring Lou back. That season made him understand that players with iso ability were like crack to Casey.

Ever since that year, basically not a single player that we've added is an iso-type player. Masai went younger and for two-way guys who don't really have a score first mentality. Even the ballhandlers, like Wright and Freddy, are playmakers not score-first guys.

And even with all that, he basically had to force Casey to adjust our offensive style.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Pretty sure Masai didn't want to to bring Lou back. That season made him understand that players with iso ability were like crack to Casey.

Ever since that year, basically not a single player that we've added is an iso-type player. Masai went younger and for two-way guys who don't really have a score first mentality. Even the ballhandlers, like Wright and Freddy, are playmakers not score-first guys.

And even with all that, he basically had to force Casey to adjust our offensive style.

Yeah Lou's me-first mentality started to spread like wildfire throughout the team too. Even with players like Vasquez who previously had been known as a playmaker. That season everyone was just jacking shots to get theirs and from my perspective it was Lou that fueled that. That along with his defense led Ujiri to not even consider bringing him back IMO. Lou said that offseason the raps didn't even make an offer.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                          Yeah Lou's me-first mentality started to spread like wildfire throughout the team too. Even with players like Vasquez who previously had been known as a playmaker. That season everyone was just jacking shots to get theirs and from my perspective it was Lou that fueled that. That along with his defense led Ujiri to not even consider bringing him back IMO. Lou said that offseason the raps didn't even make an offer.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
                          To me it was Casey. Even Lou became less of a playmaker than he's been elsewhere. That's lazy coaching.

Comment

• This effing guy deserves a bump. After the devastation of the way last year ended, to set us up as he has... Out of this world. Could hardly have imagined the way things have shaped up.

Kawhi may be a top 5 player -- I pray we get a full year and an unforgettable postseason from him showing as much. (...make it top 3 player) ......... having said that.... to me, Masai Ujiri is without a doubt the #1 executive in the league. Nobody else I'd rather have. Not by a lightyear.

There's a reason that since he arrived here players have by and large wanted to stay. ((Only guy I can think of who wanted to split was Tucker, and yeah, if you're going to play with Harden and CP3, and bidding farewell to Demar's (and sometimes others) lack of grit on D/ability to win, I get it.)) But people wanna stay here now because it's a world class organization, and that begins and ends with our messiah.

Check this interview. Now that's some worthwhile NBA media. Outstanding stuff. Outstanding human being.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...state-raptors/

The time is now.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              This effing guy deserves a bump. After the devastation of the way last year ended, to set us up as he has... Out of this world. Could hardly have imagined the way things have shaped up.

Kawhi may be a top 5 player -- I pray we get a full year and an unforgettable postseason from him showing as much. (...make it top 3 player) ......... having said that.... to me, Masai Ujiri is without a doubt the #1 executive in the league. Nobody else I'd rather have. Not by a lightyear.

There's a reason that since he arrived here players have by and large wanted to stay. ((Only guy I can think of who wanted to split was Tucker, and yeah, if you're going to play with Harden and CP3, and bidding farewell to Demar's (and sometimes others) lack of grit on D/ability to win, I get it.)) But people wanna stay here now because it's a world class organization, and that begins and ends with our messiah.

Check this interview. Now that's some worthwhile NBA media. Outstanding stuff. Outstanding human being.

The time is now.
                              Tim and Sid should have won a JUno for "We Believe in Masai."

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                This effing guy deserves a bump. After the devastation of the way last year ended, to set us up as he has... Out of this world. Could hardly have imagined the way things have shaped up.

The time is now.
                                That was a wonderful interview... one of the better ones I have seen of an exec in the NBA... I am feeling good it was MU of the Raptors.

Emotionally, Masai may take over from Uncle Dennis in the next few months

Comment

Working...
                                X