Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    It is just being asinine to blame Masai at this stage of the game.

Looking back from the day he started and at present, he totally changed the culture of this franchise.

People should take into Huge Consideration that he is working for a Corporate money grabbing ownership with not so good of a history so that in itself is a feat.

Im not drinking Masai’s koolaid but I am still thankful that we have him, giving us a chance to dream that one day this City will hoist Larry O.

1995 to 2019 is a long time.

Go Raps and more power to Masai and Bobby !
    To be fair, things at MLSE have been pretty positive since the Rogers/Bell partnership bought controlling interest in 2012 from the Teachers Pension Plan, whose only goal ( and rightfully so as a pension plan) was profit. Rogers/Bell brought in Leiweke who brought in Masai.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• The ink isn't even dry on Magic's letter of resignation and the American media are already squawking about how the Lakers should call Ujiri today and ask him to take over...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        The ink isn't even dry on Magic's letter of resignation and the American media are already squawking about how the Lakers should call Ujiri today and ask him to take over...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Oh geezus I hope they settle on one of Kobe or Phil.... Its just so Lakers. All image. No substance.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Oh geezus I hope they settle on one of Kobe or Phil.... Its just so Lakers. All image. No substance.
            If one of those 16 championships comes with image then sign me up!

Comment

• Masai Ujiri lol... the same shit happened with the Knicks when they fired Phil.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Perfect GM for the Lakers right here...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Perfect GM for the Lakers right here...

Bro, nice collar. His wife would need to be banned from all electronic devices for this one to work out well though.

Comment

• Depending how the rest of this season goes and what Kawhi does would Ujiri take that call from the Lakers....damn it now I won't be able to stop thinking about it....

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Depending how the rest of this season goes and what Kawhi does would Ujiri take that call from the Lakers....damn it now I won't be able to stop thinking about it....
                      But Ujiri won't know what Kawhi is going to do until probably well after the Lakers hire someone new. Ujiri would have to leave before the draft if he wanted to go to the Lakers.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Depending how the rest of this season goes and what Kawhi does would Ujiri take that call from the Lakers....damn it now I won't be able to stop thinking about it....
                        Re posting from the other thread.

I think the raptors will be masai only NBA gig for the rest of his life. once he doesn't want to do it anymore he will quit we will never fire him and focus on BWOB and helping Africa. masai doesn't need to prove anything and has much bigger goals on his mind. He is going to do some big things for Africa when he decides he had enough with being a president. I wouldn't be surprised if kids in the future learn about him in school he could have that big of a impact on humanity we are lucky we got him when we did.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

But Ujiri won't know what Kawhi is going to do until probably well after the Lakers hire someone new. Ujiri would have to leave before the draft if he wanted to go to the Lakers.
                          Would he have to leave before they playoffs are over though? If the Lakers want him I would think they would wait or be happy with a verbal agreement.

Comment

• Does anyone know what Masai's current deal is? I know in 2016, MLSE extended him (he originally signed a 5 year / $15M contract in 2013). But I can't find the details on that extension.

If he's under contract, LA can't pouch him unless MLSE approves. And they don't have to even if Masai wants to head to Hollywood.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Re posting from the other thread.

I think the raptors will be masai only NBA gig for the rest of his life. once he doesn't want to do it anymore he will quit we will never fire him and focus on BWOB and helping Africa. masai doesn't need to prove anything and has much bigger goals on his mind. He is going to do some big things for Africa when he decides he had enough with being a president. I wouldn't be surprised if kids in the future learn about him in school he could have that big of a impact on humanity we are lucky we got him when we did.
                              Yup could totally see him as a commissioner of NBA or prez of NBA Africa.

Comment

If one of those 16 championships comes with image then sign me up!
                                Should have put in the caveat.. in the post Daddy Buss era...

Since papa san passed away in 2013 and control of the team passed on to his progeny Jeannie and Jim Buss .. the Lakers have not made the playoffs since and have sucked copious amounts of canal water during that stretch.

After floundering for 3 seasons even when the opportunity presented itself to hire Jerry West after he stepped away in Memphis....the Lakers hired the no experience whatsoever Magic Johnston to run the franchise.

They suck man.. and they will continue to mirror the Knicks till they hire a professional to run the franchise and stay the hell out of his way.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X