Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Would he have to leave before they playoffs are over though? If the Lakers want him I would think they would wait or be happy with a verbal agreement.
    I don't think he would risk talking to them while the playoffs are on. Way to risky to the team's performance. Who knows though, I don't know what he's thinking.

Comment

• If Kawhi leaves, those same dumbass, so-called Raptor fans who vilified Masai for trying to win a championship by trading Derozan will come out of the woodwork again. If I’m Masai, I’m out of here in a LA minute.

Comment

• I think we need to at least consider the possibility of one day handing the keys to Bobby Webster..
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I think we need to at least consider the possibility of one day handing the keys to Bobby Webster..
          I just considered it. What else you got?

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Should have put in the caveat.. in the post Daddy Buss era...

Since papa san passed away in 2013 and control of the team passed on to his progeny Jeannie and Jim Buss .. the Lakers have not made the playoffs since and have sucked copious amounts of canal water during that stretch.

After floundering for 3 seasons even when the opportunity presented itself to hire Jerry West after he stepped away in Memphis....the Lakers hired the no experience whatsoever Magic Johnston to run the franchise.

They suck man.. and they will continue to mirror the Knicks till they hire a professional to run the franchise and stay the hell out of his way.
            I think them stinking since 2013 is because they no longer had Kobe Bryant in his prime. It's incredibly difficult to find someone on that level. Most teams never do. If its image they're after then nothing works better than winning games.

Comment

• If the Raptors let Masai leave for the Lakers, then the Raptors should just fold their franchise. They would completely look like a second rate franchise.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think we need to at least consider the possibility of one day handing the keys to Bobby Webster..
                I didn't realize Ujiri was only 48. That he's accomplished all this by that age is very impressive.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I think them stinking since 2013 is because they no longer had Kobe Bryant in his prime. It's incredibly difficult to find someone on that level. Most teams never do. If its image they're after then nothing works better than winning games.
                  They did get Lebron, who is at least a few levels above the perpetually overrated Kobe. Lakers just needed to put some decent role players around Lebron that could still play .500 when he doesn't play. Instead, they got rid of good players and signed the All Shaqtin a Fool team in the off-season, banking that the Anthony Davis hijacking would pan out.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

They did get Lebron, who is at least a few levels above the perpetually overrated Kobe. Lakers just needed to put some decent role players around Lebron that could still play .500 when he doesn't play. Instead, they got rid of good players and signed the All Shaqtin a Fool team in the off-season, banking that the Anthony Davis hijacking would pan out.
                    Kobe Bryant is a top 10 player in NBA history. And probably the second most popular NBA player of all time. Second behind MJ. How is that overrated?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• People should stop giving Magic credit for getting LeBron. LeBron was already planning to go there regardless of who the president of basketball ops was.

Magic has made disastrous moves and is just getting out now cause he knows they'll strike out in FA and be pretty crap next year too. So many bad decisions:

- Not moving the #2 pick for George
                      - Letting Randle leave and using his money to sign Rondo
                      - Letting Lopez walk
                      - Signing horrible fitting players to play with LeBron
                      - Not signing Cousins

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Kobe Bryant is a top 10 player in NBA history. And probably the second most popular NBA player of all time. Second behind MJ. How is that overrated?
                        Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Duncan, Jordan, oscar, west, magic, bird, lebron

nope Kobe doesn't make the cut

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          People should stop giving Magic credit for getting LeBron. LeBron was already planning to go there regardless of who the president of basketball ops was.

Magic has made disastrous moves and is just getting out now cause he knows they'll strike out in FA and be pretty crap next year too. So many bad decisions:

- Letting Lopez walk
                          - Not signing Cousins
                          Yep it's not even hindsight. We all looked at the players he signed in the summer and were like "eeek"..its really not rocket science. Give lebron the ball, and shooters. Their point guards cant shoot. There bigs cant shoot. The only half decent scorers they have are ball stoppers.

I mean we had 8 straight finals appearances and 3 raptors spankings of sample size to draw the conclusion. Give lebron shooters and get out of the way.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            People should stop giving Magic credit for getting LeBron. LeBron was already planning to go there regardless of who the president of basketball ops was.

- Letting Lopez walk
                            - Not signing Cousins
                            and he also traded Deangelo Russell on a rookie contract.

Comment

Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Duncan, Jordan, oscar, west, magic, bird, lebron

nope Kobe doesn't make the cut
                              Kobe is easily the 2nd greatest SG of all time. But somehow you have Jerry West(a SG) ahead of him in the top 10 rankings? lol

And oh, Kobe > Oscar
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Also, people kept putting Oscar in the top 10 rankings because he averaged triple double in a season. With that logic, is Westrbook the GOAT now? he's about to average triple double hoe the 3rd straight year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X