• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakeem and Shaq > Kobe

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Hakeem and Shaq > Kobe
      Yep. I'll accept 11th or 12th, if you do not include Jerry west which is fine. As much as I hate to do it, I think kevin Durant passes Kobe soon too
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yep. I'll accept 11th or 12th, if you do not include Jerry west which is fine. As much as I hate to do it, I think kevin Durant passes Kobe soon too
        Nah Kevin Durant will forever be known as the guy who took the easy way out to win a championship. That's his legacy.

Now if he can win a championship with the Knicks(unlikely) as the guy then for sure he would be in the conversation.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I think we need to at least consider the possibility of one day handing the keys to Bobby Webster..
          Maybe..but I dont want to hear about this for another 4 years.

In the meantime ESPN is throwing Masai name around like a possible replacement. What an arrogant statement! Why does this network think that they can just poach high executives and star players from other teams!!?? It didn't work for the Knicks so why would it work for the Lakers!?? GTFO!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

In the meantime ESPN is throwing Masai name around like a possible replacement. What an arrogant statement! Why does this network think that they can just poach high executives and star players from other teams!!?? It didn't work for the Knicks so why would it work for the Lakers!?? GTFO!
            They treat the Raptors as a 2nd rate franchise.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

did that actually happen or are we assuming so based on apollo's initial post? i've been searching but can't find any speculation of masai for the lakers job in any major american media outlet. all i've seen are those vegas odds

edit - nevermind... there's a first take clip where kellerman posits masai as an ideal candidate, but in the same clip he acknowledges it's unrealistic given the raptors situation and says they should go after david griffin.
              Last edited by chris; Wed Apr 10, 2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Because most of those guys are Lakers fans, they're primarily based out of LA. They talk about LA all day, everyday.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Because most of those guys are Lakers fans, they're primarily based out of LA. They talk about LA all day, everyday.
                  Stephen A and Max are Knicks fans. And the First Take studio is based in NY.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Does anyone know what Masai's current deal is? I know in 2016, MLSE extended him (he originally signed a 5 year / $15M contract in 2013). But I can't find the details on that extension.

If he's under contract, LA can't pouch him unless MLSE approves. And they don't have to even if Masai wants to head to Hollywood.
                    We never got details. Just an indication that the AAV was well above his 3M salary on the old deal. It would have been odd for them to only get one year added to the deal though, so he's almost certainly locked down for at least a couple more years.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Why are people even considering this LA stuff as a possibility for Masai? Is there any indication at all he would want that?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

We never got details. Just an indication that the AAV was well above his 3M salary on the old deal. It would have been odd for them to only get one year added to the deal though, so he's almost certainly locked down for at least a couple more years.
                        yeah i dont think it has ever been stated what the extension was. My assumption is he gets probably around $5 million a year but they also help fund things like basketball without borders and his film documentaries and stuff like that which probably adds up to another $1 million or more.

If you have ever listened to him in interviews the other stuff is way more important to him than the money. I don't think he would be able to focus on that stuff as much if he was in LA unfortunately. Or fortunately for us. I don't see him leaving this franchise for a number of reasons and that is probably one of the biggest. I think in terms of the global nature of the game Masai likes the challenge here way more and I think he likes Canada as a whole waaaaay more especially given the political nature of what things are here.

I also think these are things he can pitch to guys like Giannis when they come out in free agency.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Stephen A and Max are Knicks fans. And the First Take studio is based in NY.
                          Then why was SAS speaking from LA today and why won't they shut about the Lakers for a single day, especially see how they've been shit for the past few years?

Also, you're talking about just one sports talkshow. I'm talking generally on network tv. They all talk Lakers every show, it seems.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 10, 2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• MLSE needs to give Masai a life time contract. He's earned it. When Kawhi resigns he should get a statue built immediately.

Comment

• I didn't see any news today but I knew the media would bring up Masai to the Lakers.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                                I didn't see any news today but I knew the media would bring up Masai to the Lakers.
                                The basketball podcasters have brought it up in reaction to the Magic show. Simmons, Lowe, Bontemps

Comment

Working...
                                X