Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    MLSE needs to give Masai a life time contract. He's earned it. When Kawhi resigns he should get a statue built immediately.
    MLSE needs to do more basketball investment in Masai & his basketball Africa projects. Raptors are an already a top choice destination to Canadian basketball players & hopefully the continent of Africa will become one as well.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Duncan, Jordan, oscar, west, magic, bird, lebron

nope Kobe doesn't make the cut
      Pretty much bang on...How come you're so hip to Wilt, Russel, West, Oscar and Kareem? You spending time on YouTube? Or NBA classics?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Pretty much bang on...How come you're so hip to Wilt, Russel, West, Oscar and Kareem? You spending time on YouTube? Or NBA classics?
        you didn't ask me but it drives me crazy when people are dismissive of generations they never watched. i used to be the same way, but now that i'm pushing 40 and having been completely obsessed with this league since the 80's i get where my elders were coming from.

anyhow here's a video of bill russell going coast to coast in 11 steps/6 bounces and jumping over a dude from the free throw line. the dude was an olympic caliber athlete and would have absolutely dominated the league in any era, including this one.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Why are people even considering this LA stuff as a possibility for Masai? Is there any indication at all he would want that?
          If you asked me to guess I would think Ujiri's next job won't be a basketball job per se. He's still quite young, 48, and I'm not sure why he'd want to make a lateral move to be a GM/President somewhere else. I could easily seeing him end up with the top job at MLSE, for example, but just as easily he could wind up in a different industry as an executive or consultant. If he hangs around the NBA for awhile, I could easily see him moving into a roving consultant role where he just takes whatever job is interesting at the time as an advisor or something.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

If you asked me to guess I would think Ujiri's next job won't be a basketball job per se. He's still quite young, 48, and I'm not sure why he'd want to make a lateral move to be a GM/President somewhere else. I could easily seeing him end up with the top job at MLSE, for example, but just as easily he could wind up in a different industry as an executive or consultant. If he hangs around the NBA for awhile, I could easily see him moving into a roving consultant role where he just takes whatever job is interesting at the time as an advisor or something.
            Hes far from done running a pro team at the top though. Hes not walking away with "conference finalist runner up" as his peak. Highly driven, highly competitive, loves sports. I remember reading once that masai a lot of times can't watch our games all the way through, he gets too worked up

This is the same guy who slept on couches and worked as a scout for the magic FOR FREE just to one day get an nba job
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

YouTube, documentaries, stats, reading..oh so much reading.

I used to be one of those young guys that had the mentality "everyone who played in the old days would get destroyed today" that is still prevalent as a viewpoint.

over time, research and maturity I realized that's ignorant and disrespectful, and just wrong. Sure there may be more PARITY now than ever with just the sheer number of athletes they can find, but elite is elite across generations. Given the proper training, equipment and knowledge of today, wilt chamberlain or bob cousey would still be schoolin fools today. And that goes for all sports.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

you didn't ask me but it drives me crazy when people are dismissive of generations they never watched. i used to be the same way, but now that i'm pushing 40 and having been completely obsessed with this league since the 80's i get where my elders were coming from.

anyhow here's a video of bill russell going coast to coast in 11 steps/6 bounces and jumping over a dude from the free throw line. the dude was an olympic caliber athlete and would have absolutely dominated the league in any era, including this one.

That was pretty cool. Russell looks like an early, less sophisticated version of Giannis.

Comment

• Should MU be fired if Raptors lose first round match up vs Orlando?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Should MU be fired if Raptors lose first round match up vs Orlando?
                    You meant to click on www.realgm.com

wrong site bro

Comment

what did he do wrong?
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Of course not. He did the best he could possibly have done (aside from maybe adding more shooting).

He went all in and pulled out all the stops to give us our first true championship contender this year. The only thing you can really blame him for is waiting so long that Kyle's past his peak. We stuck with the same core for several years despite it being fairly obvious it wasn't a championship contender.

The question will be how we build the team going forward if we lose Kawhi, but it's way too early for that question and this one right now.

Comment

Jeannie Buss burner account.

Comment

• No way the Raptors lose in the first round. Game one was a wake-up call.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              No way the Raptors lose in the first round. Game one was a wake-up call.
                              Frankly, could still see them winning in 5. Great game plan defensively, not sure Orlando has an answer for it besides hoping for scorching hot shooting and career nights from role players like game 1.

Smarten up offensively and run the offence through the stars on the floor at all times and the Raps could still glide through this round. Just have to wise up.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Frankly, could still see them winning in 5. Great game plan defensively, not sure Orlando has an answer for it besides hoping for scorching hot shooting and career nights from role players like game 1.

Smarten up offensively and run the offence through the stars on the floor at all times and the Raps could still glide through this round. Just have to wise up.
                                This. THIS. THIS.

Bookmark it people because it is 100% accurate. We play up to who we are as a team and they have no chance. But, if we play like we did in game 1 then we don't stand a chance.

Let's see the response! Go Raptors go!

Comment

Working...
                                X