Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Pure class....

He's like Trudeau running around apologizing to everybody for things that happened 130 years ago....or it may have been the deal he had to make with Kyle in exchange for a hug after the last game 7

Comment

• He also sorta laughed at the trophy celebration when asked about getting Kawhi. Probably wanted to walk back that moment a little bit.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• We should be having parties every week to celebrate Ujiri coming to Toronto. I can't think of any other person from recent history who has had such a positive impact on people's lives. It's men playing a game, but it brings so much pleasure and civic pride, and encourages some young kids to take their sport seriously enough to learn how to focus and work hard. He has done great things, and not the least by finding diamonds in the rough and showing people it's as much about the attitude of never give up and work hard. People start to count on their own selves because of the examples being shown.

If the Raps get it done on Monday, there is this man to thank.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Aren't there tampering laws against club owners trying to poach other team's managememnt while under contract? Not to mention while they're in the flippin' finals!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Aren't there tampering laws against club owners trying to poach other team's management while under contract? Not to mention while they're in the flippin' finals!
              The reports about Masai's wife's ties to the Washington area don't have a lot of details attached to them. No mention of family members in the area that I could find. There has been chitchat about Washington since at least May 1st. Would he want to go to Washington if Kawhi stays? And he has an opportunity to build a dynasty and chase the elusive threepeat? Hard to imagine. Even if he isn't likely to bump into Obama in Toronto. Oh wait a minute...didn't that happen a week ago?

Comment

• not that this is the time to worry (too much good going on) but I would be concerned about the amount of power and leverage he could get from Monumental Sports. He could do the impossible here (which he has) and still not be able to overshadow the ML in MLSE (from a power point of view)

Comment

• Ujiri' name is going to come up every year and at points in between. So will the rest of the front office and coaching staff. That's what happens when you win. Can't get too excited about it.

Comment

• There's a lot of assumptions with these rumors. They assume he wants to be in charge of more things. He seems like a pretty busy guy now as it is. Could he perform like he does with the Raptors, with basketball without borders AND all those other things? Would he want that? Also he has something special set up in Toronto. He worked hard to get here, why walk away now? This may just be chapter one of a special story in Toronto.

He's taken his club to the NBA finals through all his masterful moves and now other teams want to poach him: the story of any professional who's had elite level success. Here's the thing though. He can stay, make this stronger and win more titles... Or he can go to Washington and start over with some really shitty contracts and play golf with Obama on the weekends. No offense to Obama but Masai is probably not going to go for that in my opinion.

Oh and it also assumes that MLSE wouldn't do whatever it could to entice him into staying (ie: more money or control or whatever).

Comment

• In my opinion the only thing that takes MU away from the raps is commissioner of NBA Africa or a bigger role that combines basketball and his social values.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        In my opinion the only thing that takes MU away from the raps is commissioner of NBA Africa or a bigger role that combines basketball and his social values.
                        Yeah, and while people perceive being in Washington as having more political connections, in Canada he could literally pick up the phone and call the PM if he wants to (especially right now with the Trudeaus being big Raptors fans). Is it more powerful to his goals to be a little fish in a country with massive diplomatic clout, or a huge fish in a country with moderate diplomatic clout? I honestly don't know, especially not knowing exactly what Masai's goals are, and what current roadblocks he faces. But I could imagine him making decisions based on those goals.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          In my opinion the only thing that takes MU away from the raps is commissioner of NBA Africa or a bigger role that combines basketball and his social values.
                          I don't even think nba Africa is step up to president of an nba team. That's a minor league in every sense of the word.

ujiri is young still. His competitive juices are flowing. I think if Kawhi comes back, he comes back. I would be concerned that he may starting feeling like he accomplished his mission here and is hungry for a new challenge of a Crest fallen team to save, but I also thinking he will be thinking "back to back champs" the day after winning one here.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• There is a certain irony in telling people to believe in the city and believe in one's self, and then bailing to be president of the Wiiiizzaards.

Comment

• Masai will get a Statue and be retired into the rafters ... like literally ... we should put him up there with a phone and laptop so no one else can have him ... LOL

Comment

• I remain unconvinced. To me Masai stays regardless. The best way to build up NBA Africa is to continue bringing great talent from various African countries to the NBA, and the majority of those big names are on the Raptors. You have the savvy vet from the Congo and the soon to be MIP from Cameroon.

Let's look at the ties we know about thus far (former Raptors must be during Masai era):
                                - Ibaka (Congo) current Raptor
                                - Biyombo (Congo) former Raptor, still in East
                                - Siakam (Cameroon) current Raptor

Plus, Embiid is also in the Atlantic Division and Giannis is in the East. To me, that clears rumours about Masai going west. In general, I doubt he moves to a franchise in the capital city of a country whose President refers to Africa as "shithole countries." Not great for optics.

Comment

Working...
                                X