Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Re Masai's evaluation/trading skills... he apparently was quite vehement about not including either Pascal or OG in the Kawhi acquisition. Wonder if he would have actually nixed the deal if the Spurs held out. But then again he probably knew they didn't have a better offer. Poker faces all around but he held. I await Masai's memoirs
    The Spurs could have gotten a better offer with Boston but Danny Ainge didn't want to lose Tatum and draft picks for Kawhi giving the circumstances regarding his health & desire to play elsewhere.

If Danny only knew what would transpire, he would 100% go back and doing this deal. Tatum is a nice player but superstar he isn't (yet).

Sometimes you have to gamble & sometimes standing pat could work out for you.

I think because of what happened, any package for AD whether it would be Lakers or Celtics will be much more expensive one than originally thought. Shows you that "1 year potential rental" is a great investment if you can win it all in that year.

Comment

• Has there been any updates on what happen with Masai and that cop?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

The Spurs could have gotten a better offer with Boston but Danny Ainge didn't want to lose Tatum and draft picks for Kawhi giving the circumstances regarding his health & desire to play elsewhere.

If Danny only knew what would transpire, he would 100% go back and doing this deal. Tatum is a nice player but superstar he isn't (yet).
        It wasn't even Tatum in the Kawhi deal I don't think. Pretty sure it was "just" Jaylen Brown he didn't want to give up for Kawhi. Which makes it even more crazy. Lol

Comment

• When you look at what Danny has done over the years, he's done an excellent job. However in doing all that he's not much of a risk taker. There was no risk in dealing for Ray Allen and KG. No risk in flipping a broken Thomas for Kyrie. Both scenarios had him capitalizing on other franchise's turmoil but he had little to lose in those moves.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            When you look at what Danny has done over the years, he's done an excellent job. However in doing all that he's not much of a risk taker. There was no risk in dealing for Ray Allen and KG. No risk in flipping a broken Thomas for Kyrie. Both scenarios had him capitalizing on other franchise's turmoil but he had little to lose in those moves.
            Don't forget trading an old washed up KG and Pierce for the Kings Random that he did. Brooklyn probably opened with that offer, knowing them at the time. Lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              When you look at what Danny has done over the years, he's done an excellent job. However in doing all that he's not much of a risk taker. There was no risk in dealing for Ray Allen and KG. No risk in flipping a broken Thomas for Kyrie. Both scenarios had him capitalizing on other franchise's turmoil but he had little to lose in those moves.
              Yep. Ainge has been pretty consistent, in that he won't overpay for 1-year rentals without some commitment of signing long-term. Masai took about as big a risk as you can possibly make and paid a massive price (most beloved Raptor ever.... up to that point).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Ainge has been pretty consistent, in that he won't overpay for 1-year rentals without some commitment of signing long-term. Masai took about as big a risk as you can possibly make and paid a massive price (most beloved Raptor ever.... up to that point).
                In fairness Id much rather have Kawhi than Davis for a year. Also the Raps were in a unique spot last year.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Don't forget trading an old washed up KG and Pierce for the Kings Random that he did. Brooklyn probably opened with that offer, knowing them at the time. Lol
                  Great point. He's more the slick type with aces up his sleeves and a silver tongue. Masai is more the poker player who'll convince you to fold your pocket queens to his deuce, seven unsuited.

golden wrote: View Post
                  Huge risk which could have damaged his reputation if it went the way the American media predicted it would go (first Kawhi not reporting and second Kawhi not fitting in). Fortune favors the bold. Masai was so bold that he changed the game.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

In fairness Id much rather have Kawhi than Davis for a year. Also the Raps were in a unique spot last year.
                    Not even a question.
                    AD is turning to be a diva.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

There was a Zach Lowe a couple of us posted that went into the Leonard deal and it was clear that Raps were uniquely suited to do the deal where other teams were not at the time. Luck and timing, man.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Not even a question.
                        AD is turning to be a diva.
                        AD is quickly becoming D12.

Comment

• http:////vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/Bxm...a/pbscebuY6IYF

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

AD is quickly becoming D12.
                            I don't think so, I think he was understandably done with NOP. What happened mid-season was a mess all around and everyone has blood on their hands.

As a Raptors fan, I'm just pissed at the haul NO gets out of this. Piss off. Zion Williamson and all that. We got the Babcock era. Dammit.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't think so, I think he was understandably done with NOP. What happened mid-season was a mess all around and everyone has blood on their hands.

As a Raptors fan, I'm just pissed at the haul NO gets out of this. Piss off. Zion Williamson and all that. We got the Babcock era. Dammit.
                              New Orleans has been a mess for some time, so I agree it's hard to judge Davis too harshly. I do wonder how good the Lakers will really be with a mid-thirties Lebron who is more interested in movies and music than basketball. Very curious to see how they flesh out that roster.

Comment

• Masai has experience with statues....deserves his own lol

Comment

Working...
                                X