No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on if our President will be in jail soon. Things seem to be quiet on that front
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      Any word on if our President will be in jail soon. Things seem to be quiet on that front

it's quiet because cop is a known racist.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

it's quiet because cop is a known racist.
        That's not really evidence though. They can be racist and still be a victim of assault. I think all those eyeballs and cameras is the evidence. I believe in Masai.

Comment

• This is ridiculous. I just read the cop has hired a "prominent civil rights attorney", and is now going after a civil suit.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• On this Wizard thing ... Is my memory right but he didn't want tons of $$$$$$$ from the Nuggets and that is why he became available to the Raptors .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              On this Wizard thing ... Is my memory right but he didn't want tons of $$$$$$$ from the Nuggets and that is why he became available to the Raptors .
              I dont even think it was a ton of $ only like an extra million a year for the giants of africa stuff and nuggets said no
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I hope MLSE uses its entire legal department and the best American lawyers it can find to countersue the police department and this piece of shit officer into oblivion.

Comment

• https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-...f-masai-ujiri/

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I hope MLSE uses its entire legal department and the best American lawyers it can find to countersue the police department and this piece of shit officer into oblivion.
                    This guy is looking for a payday. He knows that the NBA, Raptors and Ujiri don't want to deal with it cause even if they win it takes years and resources and cause stress and distraction, so they'll pay to make it go away - even if Ujiri wants his name cleared, the NBA doesn't want this hanging over its head no matter if Ujiri was 100% in the right or not.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

This guy is looking for a payday. He knows that the NBA, Raptors and Ujiri don't want to deal with it cause even if they win it takes years and resources and cause stress and distraction, so they'll pay to make it go away - even if Ujiri wants his name cleared, the NBA doesn't want this hanging over its head no matter if Ujiri was 100% in the right or not.
                      Unfortunately he ran into a former black President's buddy,
                      and with an entire country rallying behind him.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        On this Wizard thing ... Is my memory right but he didn't want tons of $$$$$$$ from the Nuggets and that is why he became available to the Raptors .
                        i'm a little unnerved by this whole thing, a lot more so than the incident at oracle... windhorst and bobby marks were talking about it on the hoop collective podcast today and basically came to the conclusion that washington would have already hired somebody if masai didn't have interest. reportedly multiple sauces confirmed his interest earlier in the year too, which i thought was ridiculous at the time, but here we are.

according to windhorst the two franchises have been in touch and toronto wants "significant compensation" (they speculate the # 9 pick, fuck i'd want a whole lot more than that!) to let him go.

it's probably unlikely given how close we are to the draft but i still don't feel great about the long term implications when his contract is up

Comment

• Does Masai strike you as the type that would rather stick with what he built, or go though another long process. If Kawhi resigns were the NBA favorite to go back to back, I don't care what any vegas line or LA reporter thinks .
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i'm a little unnerved by this whole thing, a lot more so than the incident at oracle... windhorst and bobby marks were talking about it on the hoop collective podcast today and basically came to the conclusion that washington would have already hired somebody if masai didn't have interest. reportedly multiple sauces confirmed his interest earlier in the year too, which i thought was ridiculous at the time, but here we are.

according to windhorst the two franchises have been in touch and toronto wants "significant compensation" (they speculate the # 9 pick, fuck i'd want a whole lot more than that!) to let him go.

it's probably unlikely given how close we are to the draft but i still don't feel great about the long term implications when his contract is up
                            just listened to that. it is a bit perplexing they haven't hired someone so close to the draft.

Comment

• I have no doubt that this has been overblown on both sides but based on what's been reported alone, I think it's dangerous to conclude this has anything to do with racial profiling. Even the pro-Masai witness said that Ujiri was in the process of pulling out his credentials (that he should have been wearing btw) and the cop "did not see the badge". I can see the cop trying to do his job and not seeing credentials and saying whoa buddy AND see Masai pushing by him as he pulled out his credentials. The cop physically blocks him and Masai becomes a little bit indignant as the emotions of winning are riding high and gives him a bit of a shove.

The fact that Masai had his credentials in his hands later support this narrative. No harm, no foul, idiot cop should have known who he was and Masai should have been wearing his ID in plain view.

Asking "How many [Black] men in a suit, are trying to get on the court for a trophy presentation?” and wouldn't be part of the team is racist in itself as if black men couldn't afford a suit if they weren't part of the team somehow.....

Other evidence suggest this cop and their police department were racist. The account of what happened between Masai and that cop is inconclusive and it's not right to jump to conclusions one way or the other. I'd suggest that if the cop were really over the top racist, he would have taken Masai down when he was punched or pushed the second time.

I'd like to see a video of the actual incident to make an informed decision rahter than go off simply because I love Masai.

"Take, for example, the carding of Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri. After the final moments of game six, when nine milliseconds were stretched by procedural nonsense into infinity, Ujiri raced towards the court to celebrate victory along with the team he spent years building to perfection. As he approached the hardwood, he was stopped by a deputy of the Alameda County Sherriff’s Office. What happened next is unclear, but to hear spokesperson Sgt. Ray Kelly tell it, when asked to present his credentials, Ujiri allegedly shoved the officer and then shoved him again, striking him in the jaw the second time.

On the other hand, Greg Wiener, a Warriors season ticket holder standing nearby the altercation, refuted that version of events. He tweeted: “Ujiri was pulling out his NBA Pass, the cop did not see badge he put his hands on Ujiri to stop him from going forward. The cop pushed Ujiri, then Ujiri pushed back. Cop was wrong.” Wiener repeated this in a televised interview, again suggesting the officer physically restrained Ujiri. Videos from other Twitter users soon surfaced, including footage from backstage as the game concluded, which showed Ujiri holding a badge in his hand while heading out to the arena. In other words, he had what he needed to be where he had to be for his team."

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I have no doubt that this has been overblown on both sides but based on what's been reported alone, I think it's dangerous to conclude this has anything to do with racial profiling. Even the pro-Masai witness said that Ujiri was in the process of pulling out his credentials (that he should have been wearing btw) and the cop "did not see the badge". I can see the cop trying to do his job and not seeing credentials and saying whoa buddy AND see Masai pushing by him as he pulled out his credentials. The cop physically blocks him and Masai becomes a little bit indignant as the emotions of winning are riding high and gives him a bit of a shove.

The fact that Masai had his credentials in his hands later support this narrative. No harm, no foul, idiot cop should have known who he was and Masai should have been wearing his ID in plain view.

Asking "How many [Black] men in a suit, are trying to get on the court for a trophy presentation?” and wouldn't be part of the team is racist in itself as if black men couldn't afford a suit if they weren't part of the team somehow.....

Other evidence suggest this cop and their police department were racist. The account of what happened between Masai and that cop is inconclusive and it's not right to jump to conclusions one way or the other. I'd suggest that if the cop were really over the top racist, he would have taken Masai down when he was punched or pushed the second time.

I'd like to see a video of the actual incident to make an informed decision rahter than go off simply because I love Masai.

"Take, for example, the carding of Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri. After the final moments of game six, when nine milliseconds were stretched by procedural nonsense into infinity, Ujiri raced towards the court to celebrate victory along with the team he spent years building to perfection. As he approached the hardwood, he was stopped by a deputy of the Alameda County Sherriff’s Office. What happened next is unclear, but to hear spokesperson Sgt. Ray Kelly tell it, when asked to present his credentials, Ujiri allegedly shoved the officer and then shoved him again, striking him in the jaw the second time.

On the other hand, Greg Wiener, a Warriors season ticket holder standing nearby the altercation, refuted that version of events. He tweeted: “Ujiri was pulling out his NBA Pass, the cop did not see badge he put his hands on Ujiri to stop him from going forward. The cop pushed Ujiri, then Ujiri pushed back. Cop was wrong.” Wiener repeated this in a televised interview, again suggesting the officer physically restrained Ujiri. Videos from other Twitter users soon surfaced, including footage from backstage as the game concluded, which showed Ujiri holding a badge in his hand while heading out to the arena. In other words, he had what he needed to be where he had to be for his team."
                                At minimum, he's a sore loser, and "raptor profiling" which while not racist, is still discriminatory and extremely unprofessional.

There's no side of this story I'll accept where the cop truly believes this guy bolting past had no ID and was a possible threat to harm safety of the players and Oracle Arena
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X