Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

At minimum, he's a sore loser, and "raptor profiling" which while not racist, is still discriminatory and extremely unprofessional.

There's no side of this story I'll accept where the cop truly believes this guy bolting past had no ID and was a possible threat to harm safety of the players and Oracle Arena
    I agree but the only job for mall cop was to keep fans (threat or otherwise) without credentials off the court. He may not have even been looking up for all we know. I want to see the tape so we can convict him with conviction.

Comment

• JC: "So tell me what happened?!"

Cop: Well the President of the Toronto Raptors shoved me really hard while I was just doing my job at the arena!!

JC: " President of the Toronto Raptors?! they are the new champions! they are getting a nice new bonus from the NBA for that and they are one of the wealthiest franchises!! man I wanted to take a piece of the NBA for years! tell me have you seen a doctor?!"

Cop: umm no I haven't , didn't really get hurt or any...

JC: "Suzie, make an appointment to Dr. Bison tell them its from me... "

Cop: "So do we have a case?!"

JC: Is Kawhi Leonard a fun guy?!!

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-file-lawsuit/

The officer involved in an alleged physical altercation with Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri last Thursday at the NBA Finals is reportedly considering filing a lawsuit against Ujiri, the Raptors and the NBA.

Katie Nielsen✔@KatieKPIX
        EXCLUSIVE: The deputy who was involved in a physical altercation with Raptors President Masai Ujiri has hired high-profile civil rights attorney David Mastagni to possibly file a lawsuit against @UjiriMasai, the @Raptors, & the @NBA.
        2:37 AM - Jun 18, 2019
        Twitter Ads info and privacy
        189 people are talking about this

According to Bay Area reporter Katie Nielsen of KPIX 5, the officer involved — a veteran deputy of 20 years with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office — sustained a concussion and a “serious jaw injury” and has not been able to return to work since the incident, which took place at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif., following the Raptors’ Game 6 victory to capture their first-ever NBA championship.

Katie Nielsen✔@KatieKPIX
        · 15h
        Replying to @KatieKPIX
        I also learned exclusively Alameda County Sheriff Greg Ahern of watched the body camera video from the deputy involved & security camera footage from Oracle Arena. He said after watching the video, he fully supports the deputy.

Katie Nielsen✔@KatieKPIX
        Sheriff Ahern is recommending the case move forward to the District Attorney for criminal charges of misdemeanor battery of a police officer against Ujiri.
        The body camera video and security footage is part of that investigation, which is why it is not being released.
        2:55 AM - Jun 18, 2019
        Twitter Ads info and privacy
        See Katie Nielsen's other Tweets

The deputy has hired civil rights attorney David Mastagni, who told Nielsen that “no options are being ruled out as to how to rectify the situation.”

“It’s an unprovoked, significant hit to the jaw of the law enforcement officer,” he said.

Earlier reports described a scene in which Ujiri was trying to get onto the court to join the Raptors’ championship celebration but was stopped by the officer and asked for his credentials. The officer alleges that Ujiri then pushed him in an attempt to get on the court.

“This is a case about a credential or no credential, not a case about race,” said Mastagni.

Sgt. Ray Kelly, an Alameda County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson, said in a phone interview Friday that the deputy “had no idea who (Ujiri) was.”

“Our deputy pushed the man back and told him he couldn’t go onto the court,” Kelly alleged, via the Canadian Press. “At that point, the gentleman pushed our deputy again, and during that push his arm struck our deputy in the jaw.”

A Raptors spokesperson has said the team is cooperating with U.S. authorities and look forward to resolving the situation.

– With files from Canadian Press/Associated Press

Comment

• Our long national nightmare is over. Bullets have no interest in Masai, according to Leonsis.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• “We were told to strictly enforce the credentialing policy and not allow anyone onto the court without a credential, so our deputies were doing that,” Sgt. Ray Kelly, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office, said. “Our deputy contacted Mr. Masai Ujiri as he attempted to walk onto the court. He had no credential displayed, and our deputy asked for his credential.

“Mr. Ujiri didn’t produce them and pushed our deputy out of the way to gain access to the court. At that point our deputy tried to stop him and pushed him backward and then Mr. Ujiri came back with a second shove, a more significant push that, with his forward momentum, his arm struck our deputy in the face.

“At that point our deputy pushed Mr. Ujiri away again and some NBA security people and others intervened and he ended up walking onto the court.”

Greg Wiener, a Warriors season-ticket holder who says he was at the game with his son and was about "three inches away" from the officer during the incident, told USA TODAY Sports on Friday afternoon that the police's account is "not entirely true."

"(Ujiri) had (his credential) in his hand and his hand was down by his side," he said. "It looked like he was trying to get it up. As Ujiri came forward, the cop stepped forward and put his hand on his chest and basically said, 'Nobody can go past this point.' He just stopped him. Ujiri didn't say anything, he didn't get his badge up, then the cop kind of pushed him back, then Ujiri shoved him. I mean, hard.

" ... The thing that I'm pushing back on is where they're saying that the cop asked for his credentials. Yeah, he didn't ask. ... There was no conversation at all."

Wiener, who has been going to Warriors games for "about 45 years," added that he "didn't see" Ujiri strike the officer in the face and said "the cop initiated the contact, no doubt about it."

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-file-lawsuit/

According to Bay Area reporter Katie Nielsen of KPIX 5, the officer involved — a veteran deputy of 20 years with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office — sustained a concussion and a “serious jaw injury” and has not been able to return to work since the incident, which took place at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif., following the Raptors’ Game 6 victory to capture their first-ever NBA championship.
              Exaggerate much?? Oh well this is going to get settled. MLSE will pony up the $$$ it will take to shut that guy up. Easier to do that than fight this in court. The guy wants fame and a court trial will give it to him.

Oakland was such a fail man.. first that part owner shoving Lowry.. then this cop in the arena hired as security suing our prez. Glad we took their chip from them.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Exaggerate much?? Oh well this is going to get settled. MLSE will pony up the $$$ it will take to shut that guy up. Easier to do that than fight this in court. The guy wants fame and a court trial will give it to him.

Oakland was such a fail man.. first that part owner shoving Lowry.. then this cop in the arena hired as security suing our prez. Glad we took their chip from them.
                This is the kind of thing I don't want settled out of court strictly because of the principle.

If this guy is lying then he should not be rewarded with a payday. Period.

However:
                "We have body camera video, surveillance video that’s very descriptive, and I can adamantly tell you that Mr. Ujiri did strike the deputy sheriff,” Kelly said.
                The truth will come out.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I mean ... we did go 3-0 in Oakland ... so it wasn't a complete fail ... Haha

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

This is the kind of thing I don't want settled out of court strictly because of the principle.

If this guy is lying then he should not be rewarded with a payday. Period.

However:

The truth will come out.
                    I love Masai but I think you'll find that hei wasn't wearing his credentials and the cop called him on it (should he have known who Masai was?)

Masai may have been trying to pull it out but went to brush by him at the same time. Mall cop blocked him, Masai pushed him in the heat of the moment. No harm no foul, no one got hurt and there's plenty of blame to go around.

It's yet another "blown out of proportion" thing, just like Lowry getting "shoved" .... dude was an idiot but didn't exactly attack him from a seated position lol

Let's see the Masai video.

Comment

• Wizards owner: Reports that we have interest in Masai Ujiri are not true

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...jiri-not-true/

Comment

Wizards owner: Reports that we have interest in Masai Ujiri are not true

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...jiri-not-true/
                        MLSE asked for 10 first round picks + Beal.... just to grant permission to talk to Masai. Then Masai would decline.

But seriously, I am shocked how these reports could be so widely and openly reported and not be considered tampering. It's like anytime Toronto has something great, other franchises feel like they can just take it away from us whenever they feel like it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

MLSE asked for 10 first round picks + Beal.... just to grant permission to talk to Masai. Then Masai would decline.

But seriously, I am shocked how these reports could be so widely and openly reported and not be considered tampering. It's like anytime Toronto has something great, other franchises feel like they can just take it away from us whenever they feel like it.
                          This is when the league should step in ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

This is when the league should step in ...
                            Happens everywhere that wins. If people don't want your people, then you've got the wrong people.

Bob Myers was discussed multiple times as a potential Lakers hire.

David Griffin as well after he "lead" the Cavs to the win, was discussed as maybe going to the Knicks.

Comment

I love Masai but I think you'll find that hei wasn't wearing his credentials and the cop called him on it (should he have known who Masai was?)

Masai may have been trying to pull it out but went to brush by him at the same time. Mall cop blocked him, Masai pushed him in the heat of the moment. No harm no foul, no one got hurt and there's plenty of blame to go around.

It's yet another "blown out of proportion" thing, just like Lowry getting "shoved" .... dude was an idiot but didn't exactly attack him from a seated position lol

You don't think their is any racism involved ? If Masai was white would this exchange have gone more smoothly ? Sorry but as recently as last game you had a white owner push a black player ...

Also do you think if Golden State wasn't moving this incident could have been resolved without all this press ... Golden State can't flex their muscles cause they are ditching the city

Comment

How is it blown out of proportion? Masai is getting sued.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X