Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post

You don't think their is any racism involved ? If Masai was white would this exchange have gone more smoothly ? Sorry but as recently as last game you had a white owner push a black player ...

Also do you think if Golden State wasn't moving this incident could have been resolved without all this press ... Golden State can't flex their muscles cause they are ditching the city
    The guy's job was to not let people cross a certain line without credentials. He claims Masai didn't clearly show his and tried to physically force his way through. Racism could be involved and he could still have a case. It's not illegal to be an aggressive jerk with prejudices and so we'll have to wait and see what happens. Obviously I believe Masai.

Comment

• Its too bad the only footage we get is right after their "encounter" where you see the cop frothing at the mouth being held back by civilians, and masai standing his ground, shoulders high, chest out.

just a boss at everything he does. Ain't no bitch in his DNA
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm really not interested in debating this. I have seen video immediately before he entered with his credentials wrapped around his hand. I have seen his credentials in his hand, in video, walking down the hallway to the court. I have seen video of his credentials in his hand hugging Kyle Lowry.

The debate is not about if Masai had his credentials. He did.

The debate is about why the cops were not informed who he was. It's about why the officer did not act more professionally.

There are lots of questions for me. None of them are about whether Masai followed the right procedures.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Look at this picture and tell me this man isn't a ruthless savage just pining for a fight:
          Masai2.jpg

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

This is when the league should step in ...
            I'm not so sure they didn't. Definitely one thing to speak to another team's people about a promotion but it's another thing entirely to poach someone for what is effectively the same job (regardless of the compensation involved). Jays got in trouble a few years back doing something similar (though baseball does have some more conventions in play).

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I'm really not interested in debating this. I have seen video immediately before he entered with his credentials wrapped around his hand. I have seen his credentials in his hand, in video, walking down the hallway to the court. I have seen video of his credentials in his hand hugging Kyle Lowry.

The debate is about why the cops were not informed who he was. It's about why the officer did not act more professionally.

There are lots of questions for me. None of them are about whether Masai followed the right procedures.
              Perfectly said.

It also doesn't help matters when witness account contradict the cops as well as the account of the cop changing as well.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Masai shoved the guy and caused significant jaw injury AND a concussion? Ya ok there buddy.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                  Masai shoved the guy and caused significant jaw injury AND a concussion? Ya ok there buddy.
                  He looked pretty damn fine but if he was THAT made out of glass; he (ignoring everything else) probably is in the wrong profession.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Masai shoved the guy and caused significant jaw injury AND a concussion? Ya ok there buddy.
                    "They called me, Officer Glass"

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      I'm really not interested in debating this. I have seen video immediately before he entered with his credentials wrapped around his hand. I have seen his credentials in his hand, in video, walking down the hallway to the court. I have seen video of his credentials in his hand hugging Kyle Lowry.

Yup. I'm not prepared to say the cop is racist, but his lawyer isn't helping his case. From TMZ: "But, the cop's attorney, David Mastagni, says that's just not the case at all, telling us, 'Insult to this injury is invoking race because the injured officer's family is African American.'"

That's almost as bad as saying, "Some of my best friends are black." 🙄

Comment

• Cops can't accept losing. Masai probably knocked the guy off him pretty good, and usually the next instinct is to pull out the billy club, wait for the friends to arrive, and throw him down to the ground and cuff him. He didn't get that opportunity, Masai got away. So he's gonna sue him.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'll go there and say police forces across the continent have systemic problems with racism.

This cop could claim incompetence on his part to justify this awful scenario, but its probably one of two things.

1). He couldn't fathom a black man could be an exec, and immediately got confrontational. (Masai was with Raptor officials heading to the floor)
                          2). He knew exactly who he was and decided to flex on him.

Both are rooted in racism.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I'm not so sure they didn't. Definitely one thing to speak to another team's people about a promotion but it's another thing entirely to poach someone for what is effectively the same job (regardless of the compensation involved). Jays got in trouble a few years back doing something similar (though baseball does have some more conventions in play).
                            Doc Rivers got slapped with a $50K tampering fine for saying something pretty benign about Kawhi playing like Michael Jordan. IMO, that was simply the last straw of the myriad of more severe tampering violations the Clippers have been doing all year long. That includes trying to buy Kawhi's logo back from Nike - which might indicate that Kawhi and Clippers have already been in contact during the season ...... gulp. The league could easily investigate the Clippers or Wizards if & when they decide it's warranted, but they'd probably have to come down hard and that opens up a can of worms.

Comment

Damn, Paul Pierce is nothing to this cop.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                                I'll go there and say police forces across the continent have systemic problems with racism.
                                Hopefully that's not up for debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X