Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmemily wrote: View Post

Hopefully that's not up for debate.
    Studies show that they were simply not trained properly.
    Racial profiling is a real thing.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

How is it blown out of proportion? Masai is getting sued.
      That's exactly what I mean.
      It's blown out of proportion and should have died that night. No harm/no foul/miscommunication /apologies accepted.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Studies show that they were simply not trained properly.
        Racial profiling is a real thing.
        Of course. In case it wasn't clear,I was agreeing with the original sentiment.

Comment

• The police have said that Mr. Ujiri struck the officer in the face and that video footage backs up their account, but it has not been released. On Wednesday, a spokesman for the force clarified that it was not body-cam video from the officer, but footage from the stadium that captured the blow. The body cam, police said, switched off the instant Mr. Ujiri made contact.

Yeah not how body cams work boys.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
            The police have said that Mr. Ujiri struck the officer in the face and that video footage backs up their account, but it has not been released. On Wednesday, a spokesman for the force clarified that it was not body-cam video from the officer, but footage from the stadium that captured the blow. The body cam, police said, switched off the instant Mr. Ujiri made contact.

Yeah not how body cams work boys.
            A freaking 8 year-old kid could lie better than this. Come on Oakland PD

Comment

• If I'm Masai and I know that I haven't punched anyone, I'm going all the way to the end now after these false bs accusations.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• The Globe did a detailed piece on it all. Here's excerpts.

Masai & The Raptors:
                Mr. Ujiri, his team nor the league have spoken publicly about the altercation

Police:
                The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Mr. Ujiri told the deputy he was the team’s president and did present NBA identification
                Mr. Ujiri did not have the specific credentials needed to enter the court. The Raptors executive appeared to be holding a red badge, but only officials with a purple badge and gold arm band were allowed on the court.
                Mr. Ujiri presented the document in a “very threatening kind of way” directly in the officer’s face.
                “There were no opportunities present to have this detailed discussion ... when he decided to push through security with the wrong credentials and then assault the deputy he did not leave us a lot of room for conversation.”
                Mr. Ujiri struck the officer in the face and that video footage backs up their account, but it has not been released.
                footage from the stadium that captured the blow. The body cam, police said, switched off the instant Mr. Ujiri made contact.
                the deputy remained in position for a time, but that later that night, he was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a concussion. He added that while the officer did forcefully push Mr. Ujiri, it was a “Level 5.” Mr. Ujiri responded with a “Level 10.”
                the deputy suffered a concussion and jaw injury as a result of the incident and he is currently off work.
                any suggestions that race played a role in what transpired at Oracle Arena is unfair and that the officer’s family is African American. “This case is about credential versus no credential. Not race.”
                Sgt. Kelly said the entire altercation lasted about 20 seconds.

Witnesses:
                Ben Baller:
                Mr. Ujiri was trying to make his way to the court when the officer stopped him aggressively and shouted something like “I need to see credentials to get on the court.”
                Mr. Ujiri seemed to be trying to show the officer the lanyard in his hand
                “That’s the general manager of the Toronto Raptors,” Mr. Baller heard one person yell, but the officer “shook his head ‘no’" and pushed Mr. Ujiri.
                the Raptors president’s expression was one of “are you joking me?” This is when things became heated. Mr. Ujiri shoved the officer back, causing the man to stumble backward. “There is no fist going to his face,” Mr. Baller said.
                Greg Wiener:
                Mr. Ujiri did shove the officer, he did not hit his face.
                Mr. Ujiri approached the court, the officer blocked his path with his arm, which Mr. Ujiri “brushed” away, “like, ‘I’m still going forward’ … then the deputy got a little bit more aggressive” and pushed the Raptors executive. “That’s when Mr. Ujiri pushed the deputy hard,” Wiener said.
                Lucas Abrenica:
                “I don’t know who shoved first, but both the sheriff and Ujiri shoved each other very hard. They both stumbled back. … From what I saw it was just shoving. There were no punches thrown or anything like that.”
                All three:
                Mr. Baller, Mr. Wiener and Mr. Abrenica all said the officer remained at his post for at least 10 minutes. Two of the men said he seemed angry, but uninjured.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ercation-with/

It doesn't really matter how the officer appeared after. A fan can't diagnose a concussion or jaw injury by spectating but how do we know he was hurt like that from the push? It all comes down to the video which will have to be released.

What I do know for sure is that this wouldn't be a thing if Masai stood down after the push to him and waited a moment to resolve this when people came looking for him. I'm not excusing anyone or pointing blame at Masai, I don't have all the facts but when police get aggressive it's always best to stand down. Nothing usually good comes from doing otherwise.

​​
                Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 20, 2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4yPYIZLU8

Masai Ujuri and Nick Nurse are keys to Kawhi staying in Toronto - Jalen Rose.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    The Globe did a detailed piece on it all. Here's excerpts.

Masai & The Raptors:

Police:

Witnesses:
                    Ben Baller:

Greg Wiener:

Lucas Abrenica:

All three:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ercation-with/

It doesn't really matter how the officer appeared after. A fan can't diagnose a concussion or jaw injury by spectating but how do we know he was hurt like that from the push? It all comes down to the video which will have to be released.

What I do know for sure is that this wouldn't be a thing if Masai stood down after the push to him and waited a moment to resolve this when people came looking for him. I'm not excusing anyone or pointing blame at Masai, I don't have all the facts but when police get aggressive it's always best to stand down. Nothing usually good comes from doing otherwise.

​​
                    All I can say is that this goddamn BS is making me sick to my stomach. Effing disgusting.

Comment

• Masai Ujiri is a super hero. Like Raiden, his pushes induce EMP blasts that destroy body cams. After destroying said police officer. He proceeded to the court with the assistance of his sidekick, Kyle Lowry, while the Oakland PD stood there powerless. Rough day for the boys in blue.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                        Masai Ujiri is a super hero. Like Raiden, his pushes induce EMP blasts that destroy body cams. After destroying said police officer. He proceeded to the court with the assistance of his sidekick, Kyle Lowry, while the Oakland PD stood there powerless. Rough day for the boys in blue.
                        Well if he pushed the officer once with two hands(as everyone involved seems to agree happened) it is conceivable that a hand hit the cam and the other made contact with the head. I don't think it's fair to automatically assume the police force is crooked because technology failed the same time the guy was pushed. It's not like it's an outlandish explanation. I hope Masai is innocent but conspiracy theories aren't going to make this matter go away. Apparently the guys family is of African American decent and so part one of the conspiracy theory of this being some sort of white supremacist thing is debunked.

Comment

• Another thing. If you or I pushed a cop like that what do you think would happen no matter the race? We might be cuffed and be spitting up teeth at the hospital.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Another thing. If you or I pushed a cop like that what do you think would happen no matter the race? We might be cuffed and be spitting up teeth at the hospital.
                            All evidence would suggest that if a white person does the exact same thing a black person does around police, the two are treated very differently. Which is kind of the point with this whole story, no?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

All evidence would suggest that if a white person does the exact same thing a black person does around police, the two are treated very differently. Which is kind of the point with this whole story, no?
                              So I understand, you're suggesting that if Masai was white that security would have let him walk on through without proper credentials or would not have pushed him back if he broke the perimeter or would not charge him if he layed hands-on the officer in retaliation? Oracle has pretty horrible security if that's the case.

Comment

• I think where this is so high profile the police are likely to make a total embarrassment out of their force if their video evidence doesn't back this up. I also think this won't get past the DA unless it's air tight.

Comment

Working...
                                X