Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Great points, for me myself not being a Canadian this was the main factor, which made me choose to cheer for Raptors instead of more renowned (popular) organizations. Marketing wise it has to be better utilized. Should change it to We The World and put heavy focus on more international free agents (we have great African players already).
    Yeah, I caught that too. It's a grand vision: the first true global basketball team... like Man U, Bayern, Arsenal, etc... TBH, these days you only need to say #WeNotAmerican .... and the rest of the world is immediately on your side. lol.

Pretty sure he's pitching that vision and potential revenue streams to Rogers, Bell and Tanenbaum to commit the funds to run it back and keep winning championships for the forseeable future. China is the biggest market for the NBA - 150 millions followers on social media. But once the telcos figure out how to regulate and monetize most of our digital content... look out.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Uncle Dennis is listening.
      Jerry West: our goal is to be the second most popular basketball team in the Staples Center.
      Masai: our goal is to be the most popular basketball team in the World.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Jerry West: our goal is to be the second most popular basketball team in the Staples Center.
        Masai: our goal is to be the most popular basketball team in the World.
        Kawhis humble attitude, dry humor, and utter dominance, combined with masai charisma, we the other, all the international players

Kawhi may never surpass lebron or curry on home soil, but maybe he should compare himself to messi or ronaldo or Federer. International man of mystery
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Rarely listen to them but this time I did and they're touching similar topic we're discussing here

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Greatest Raptor Of All Time

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

You can just make him the CEO of MLSE. That's what I believe ultimately will happen if he hangs around. You don't give up equity. Just give him a bigger payday.
              I was thinking an act denoting appreciation and permanence in Toronto and with MLSE.... to spearhead international investment in basketball. The NBA might have something to say about that but ... keeping the vultures away from Masai as well. 1% of a 2B enterprise (20mil) ...chicken feed comparatively with the rake in which is occurring right now to MLSE coffers. Ironically pales against the cap tax bill being contemplated.
              Just a tad over hyped after the presser.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

You can just make him the CEO of MLSE. That's what I believe ultimately will happen if he hangs around. You don't give up equity. Just give him a bigger payday.
                Agreed... and Larry Tanenbaum is 74.
                Its a hell of a gig.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, I caught that too. It's a grand vision: the first true global basketball team... like Man U, Bayern, Arsenal, etc... TBH, these days you only need to say #WeNotAmerican .... and the rest of the world is immediately on your side. lol.

Pretty sure he's pitching that vision and potential revenue streams to Rogers, Bell and Tanenbaum to commit the funds to run it back and keep winning championships for the forseeable future. China is the biggest market for the NBA - 150 millions followers on social media. But once the telcos figure out how to regulate and monetize most of our digital content... look out.

It's also VERY GOOD for the NBA.
                  Adam Silver should support this 100% and veto any Kawhi move to the Clips.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    If MLSE were smart business types with vision they would give MU a piece of the company. The NBA unlike hockey internationally, is in ascendancy... who better to be fronting MLSE's interests globally ?
                    it will happen

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Greatest Raptor Of All Time

KeonClark, I can't like this one enough.

"Greatest Raptor Of All Time" + 1000

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Greatest Raptor Of All Time

Comment

• Finally watched his presser, Id follow this dude anywhere.

Comment

• Masai never cease to amaze me. Dude's ambition is incredible.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Yeah that presser yesterday was awesome. Best "boss man" in the league.

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/BzHiiH5l...d=86muodj86ulj

Comment

Working...
                                X