Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post

New Balance, Kawhi's own sponsor, marketed Fun Guy. He obviously OK'd it and even wore the shirt at the parade.

This whole blaming the media or social media talking point needs to stop. Dude went home, for no other reason than to be close to his family as he's always wanted to do... The Raps knew this before trading for him.

But hey, if you gotta blame someone then yea, blame all of us!
    One thing I want to say is the guys that do the media I respect. Those guys out there put there time and effort into that stuff. But I got to keep it 100% whack is whack. The people out here just ain’t feeling some or I should say a lot of that shit! It’s just facts. Like that whole narrative about nobody wants to play in Toronto we can’t keep superstars etc. etc. Out here, we don’t feel that! no matter what borough you from this is the best city on that fucking planet, fuck all that noise. I just feel the media makes us look soft.

if mans out here don’t want to even be associated with that soft shit. I could imagine how people like kawhi would feel who are from real places
    Last edited by grindhouse; Sun Aug 4, 2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Does it get to a point where others don't even pick up when Masai calls because they know they are going to get fleeced? Presti and Masai are buddies (from the deals they do) and I'm sure he owes Masai for making the Clippers pay more for PG - so he probably will deal with him. But who in their right mind would?

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Does it get to a point where others don't even pick up when Masai calls because they know they are going to get fleeced? Presti and Masai are buddies (from the deals they do) and I'm sure he owes Masai for making the Clippers pay more for PG - so he probably will deal with him. But who in their right mind would?
        LOL, we have a good front office but let's not go crazy here. There are lots of smart basketball people in the NBA and if Ujiri has a guy you want (or you have something he wants) you are going to do deals with him. Memphis and Orlando both got good value from Toronto for Gasol and Ibaka, respectively. NJ made Raps pay a price to move the Carroll contract.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

LOL, we have a good front office but let's not go crazy here. There are lots of smart basketball people in the NBA and if Ujiri has a guy you want (or you have something he wants) you are going to do deals with him. Memphis and Orlando both got good value from Toronto for Gasol and Ibaka, respectively. NJ made Raps pay a price to move the Carroll contract.
          Exactly.

If the trades benefit both teams and the players you send the other way have good mentality & succeed, other front offices will want to deal with you.

It only takes 1 bad move to sometimes make or break a team. If The Knicks wouldn't have canceled Lowry trade due to Dolan's insecurities, we might be looking at two different franchises today.
          Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Aug 8, 2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Exactly.

If the trades benefit both teams and the players you send the other way have good mentality & succeed, other front offices will want to deal with you.

It only takes 1 bad move to sometimes make or break a team. If The Knicks wouldn't have canceled Lowry trade due to Dolan's insecurities, we might be looking at two different franchises today.
            The Raptors would certainly look very different. The Knicks... would still be the Knicks.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Well, one thing is true, Masai doesn't skirt the badass spots in Africa. When I read "Mogadishu" I see clips of "Black Hawk Down".

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Well, one thing is true, Masai doesn't skirt the badass spots in Africa. When I read "Mogadishu" I see clips of "Black Hawk Down".
                  Probably better for Masai if he isn't dressed in army fatigues, with a Kevlar helmet and carrying an automatic weapon as he steps out of a helicopter.
                  Last edited by Puffer; Sat Aug 31, 2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    Pretty inspiring stuff.

Comment

• Masai says he was not even TEMPTED to leave Toronto for Washington, discusses Obama in Toronto and this re the "shove" in Oakland:

"More than three months after the event, the Alameda County District Attorney's Office still hasn't decided whether to file charges against Ujiri. The D.A.'s office said the deputy was injured in the incident and still hasn't been cleared for full duties." LOL

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/masai...emar-1.5264167

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Masai says he was not even TEMPTED to leave Toronto for Washington, discusses Obama in Toronto and this re the "shove" in Oakland:

"More than three months after the event, the Alameda County District Attorney's Office still hasn't decided whether to file charges against Ujiri. The D.A.'s office said the deputy was injured in the incident and still hasn't been cleared for full duties." LOL

If I'm Masai, I ain't travelling to California until this matters is settled.

Comment

Masai says he was not even TEMPTED to leave Toronto for Washington, discusses Obama in Toronto and this re the "shove" in Oakland:

Are the US media guys gonna report it though? they were so damn fast to report the Masai to Washington rumour
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

lol still hasnt been cleared for duty. Masai must have mastered the bruce lee one inch punch and did it without anyone looking. Ninja!
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm glad this is over:

Associated PressOctober 22, 2019, 9:33 PM
                              SAN FRANCISCO — California prosecutors announced Tuesday that they won’t charge Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri for shoving a sheriff’s deputy after the decisive Game 6 of the NBA Finals on June 13.

The Alameda County district attorney’s office announced the decision as the Raptors were in Toronto receiving their championship rings for defeating the Golden State Warriors.

The DA’s office said it met with Ujiri and his attorneys on Monday and decided the matter was better handled "outside of the courtroom."

"I am extremely pleased with the decision," Ujiri said in a statement issued through the team from Toronto, where the Raptors opened their 2019-20 regular season against the New Orleans Pelicans.

"While these past months have been difficult waiting for a determination on this matter, I understand the nature of the process and am appreciative of the efforts of all involved," Ujiri said. "I am happy that this is now behind me and I look forward to the task of bringing another championship to the City of Toronto."
                              https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...me-6-incident/

Comment

• Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel: Giant of Africa ft. Masai Ujiri
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X