Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The interesting thing about that is Beck implying that Masai turned down a lucrative extension. If true, than that part stings like mother f@cker.
    i can only hope we can survive without Masai but damn it's not looking good.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The interesting thing about that is Beck implying that Masai turned down a lucrative extension. If true, than that part stings like mother f@cker.
      "Sources", haven't heard a thing about that over the summer.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

i can only hope we can survive without Masai but damn it's not looking good.
        Masai already has more than enough money. At this point, it's all about impact and legacy for him. You see how passionate he is about lifting up Africa? New York is the center of the universe to do that. He's already achieved the impossible here in Toronto. Knicks are the next logical step. The only thing protecting us is Dolan's history of incompetence. If I'm the Knicks, I offer Masai a MSG board seat.

Can't we just send them Bobby Webster and call it a day?

Comment

• If masai leaves I think I'll be done with Raptors hoops for a bit. Cant deal with cheering incompetence anymore after having this
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            If masai leaves I think I'll be done with Raptors hoops for a bit. Cant deal with cheering incompetence anymore after having this
            Seriously...I wouldn't be able to go through another Brian "Snake Oil Salesman" Colangelo

Comment

• People are really worried about these rumors? I'm not. Knicks aren't doing shit with Dolan as the owner.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                People are really worried about these rumors? I'm not. Knicks aren't doing shit with Dolan as the owner.
                after losing Kawhi I'm not confident in anything lmao

Comment

after losing Kawhi I'm not confident in anything lmao
                  Kawhi is a special case, any other star would have stayed. He has won multiple championships, he knew his knee won't get any better and so he wanted to be around family.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    If masai leaves I think I'll be done with Raptors hoops for a bit. Cant deal with cheering incompetence anymore after having this
                    i'll be on this boat too if i feel that the new management is incompetent but i'm not sure what makes you assume it would be? i think organizationally we'll still be pretty strong if we keep bobby webster and dan tolzman and nurse and his staff. the biggest thing we'd lose is the clout masai has garnered for recruiting top free agents, but i expect we'd still be able to keep winning by identifying talent on the margins and developing them as we have been doing for years. that's not all due to masai, i don't think.

Comment

• Masai has said he isn't going anywhere. He said that this is his children's home, his home and his wife's home. I am not saying he will never leave, but it was within the last three months he told the press he is staying here.

We'll see what happens, but I need more than "my sources tell me."

Comment

I'm getting nervous specially after I read that part.

If i'm Masai and Dolan gives me 100% full autonomy of the team, I would take the job in a heartbeat. People would say 'oh it's the Knicks'. Yes, they're the New York Knicks. They've been irrelevant for 20+ years and STILL they're still the most valuable franchise in the NBA according to Forbes. Imagine if they start winning? they're the ONLY franchise in the NBA that can challenge the Lakers in popularity.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Also, the Knicks winning a championship would be bigger than anything we've ever seen in North American sports history. Bigger than any Lakers or Celtics championships, bigger than the Cubs winning a World Series, bigger than the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl. It'd be huge.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Seriously...I wouldn't be able to go through another Brian "Snake Oil Salesman" Colangelo
                            Problem is Larry Tanenbaum absolutely loves BC. With Leweike and Masai out of the way, I could easily see Larry T giving BC his shot at redemption. Yeah, I'm with you.... I honestly don't think I could stomach those days again.

Comment

• Not buying any of this. Masai has methodically built us up to not only be champions but to have Max cap space 2021. Not only do i think he's not leaving anytime soon he's deffinatly not leaving before he gets his chance to have his free agency pitch in 2021. Masai seems like the type of guy whose not going to not finish what he started, he has to much pride. Does he care about national american recognition? Cause he sure doesn't seem like the type to crave attention or fame. Which is al the knicks have to offer. Were talking about a team who might be in the worst position in the NBA. R.J barret is the only bright spot and his development has already been stunted
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Guys, of all the things to be worried about, the freaking Knicks poaching Masai is pretty far down the list in terms of probability.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X