Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm going with this quote for now.
    No one would be excited about joining the Knicks. Only thing they have going for them is its New York. The franchise has been one of the worst in the league for a long time. Even if Masai could turn it around, it would take years barring some miracle they sign a Lebron or KD level player. Why exactly would he do that when he just won a championship on a team that he has spent years building up. He wants to win more, he even said so himself.

Comment

• If Dolan sold the team to anyone else, even Donald Trump, it would be a more appealing destination. Who threatens to clean house right at the beginning of a rebuild with new staff?

Comment

• If James Dolan sold the team, I think everyone would be more interested in joining.

Comment

• Any executive going to NY under Dolan is an idiot. "What if Dolan offered him full control? A clean slate?" Yeah, he's offered something to that effect to everybody who's gone there, the same thing always happens. See: Jackson, Phil. Jimmy D can't keep his hands off, he holds onto control, he meddles, he gets involved, the treadmill is perpetuated, people get fired, rinse and repeat. Anyone with credibility going there now is either completely blind to this or has an ego so big they think it'll be different for them. I don't see Masai in either camp. I see the Knicks continuing to struggle drawing anyone to that organization until Dolan's gone.

Hey, remember when all the 2019 free agents were going to New York because they had a clean cap sheet and it's the best destination, everyone in the NBA wants to win there? Yeah, Julius Randle says hello.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Any executive going to NY under Dolan is an idiot. "What if Dolan offered him full control? A clean slate?" Yeah, he's offered something to that effect to everybody who's gone there, the same thing always happens. See: Jackson, Phil. Jimmy D can't keep his hands off, he holds onto control, he meddles, he gets involved, the treadmill is perpetuated, people get fired, rinse and repeat. Anyone with credibility going there now is either completely blind to this or has an ego so big they think it'll be different for them. I don't see Masai in either camp. I see the Knicks continuing to struggle drawing anyone to that organization until Dolan's gone.

Hey, remember when all the 2019 free agents were going to New York because they had a clean cap sheet and it's the best destination, everyone in the NBA wants to win there? Yeah, Julius Randle says hello.
            I'm amazed that the NY Rangers have done okay (and won at least one cup) under Dolan, yet the Knicks are always a tire fire. What is it about the basketball team that Dolan has to put his hands on, but seems to stay away from the hockey team?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm amazed that the NY Rangers have done okay (and won at least one cup) under Dolan, yet the Knicks are always a tire fire. What is it about the basketball team that Dolan has to put his hands on, but seems to stay away from the hockey team?

I think he actually lets them do their job. Found this quote. Kind of funny, like hes admitting he has a negative impact on the Knicks

Dolan said "Glen and I and Jeff talk quite often and I don't seem to have had a negative impact there. They still like me to come and talk and give me my opinions. Glen still does have the final say of all matters Rangers."
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I was going to say that Glen Sather is probably the difference. He has always been hard nosed and doesn't give a shit. I could see Masai succeeding there in a similar fashion.

Although, I'm going to guess that Dolan and the City care more about the Knicks then the Rangers and therefore he meddles more.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                  I was going to say that Glen Sather is probably the difference. He has always been hard nosed and doesn't give a shit. I could see Masai succeeding there in a similar fashion.

Although, I'm going to guess that Dolan and the City care more about the Knicks then the Rangers and therefore he meddles more.
                  Masai is more likely to leave the run the Rangers then the Knicks. He would bring Africa to the NHL. Scout some Goalies with super long arms and be building rinks in Mogadishu in No time
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I think Masai is going to New York.......but hear me out. I agree that the ability to have access to a larger stage for his Giants program must be appealing. New York would be a great setting for that. But that doesn't mean he has to work for James Dolan or try to resurrect an inept franchise. I think when he's done doing everything he wants to do for the Raps, he will move to the NBA head office (in New York). Commissioner Ujiri. Has a nice ring to it.

Comment

• Grange has an article up on the Masai to NY thing. MLSE did *not* offer an extension, because they didn't have to. So Beck is probably wrong. However Masai may still go to NY when his contract is over. Grange lists some reasons why he might. However the key right now is that Masai did not refuse an extension as one was not offered. I feel better.

Here is the link:
                      https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-leave-knicks/

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I think Masai is going to New York.......but hear me out. I agree that the ability to have access to a larger stage for his Giants program must be appealing. New York would be a great setting for that. But that doesn't mean he has to work for James Dolan or try to resurrect an inept franchise. I think when he's done doing everything he wants to do for the Raps, he will move to the NBA head office (in New York). Commissioner Ujiri. Has a nice ring to it.
                        Ya in the summer when there was the Wizard rumours, Masai said something along the lines, and I'm paraphrasing "When my time is done in Toronto and I decide to move on, everyone will know why." Essentially saying that when it comes to being a president of Basketball operations for an NBA team, Toronto is where his heart lies. However if he becomes the commissioner of the NBA or potentially a new role in Commissioner of NBA Africa or if NBA Africa is just the first domino and there are more leagues to come and Masai becomes the commissioner of NBA World, then I could see myself and most of the rest of us being gutted but okay with the move.

Hopefully that's years away, as I've said before. I believe in Masai and if there was a way to give him a lifetime contract I would.

Comment

Grange has an article up on the Masai to NY thing. MLSE did *not* offer an extension, because they didn't have to. So Beck is probably wrong. However Masai may still go to NY when his contract is over. Grange lists some reasons why he might. However the key right now is that Masai did not refuse an extension as one was not offered. I feel better.

Here is the link:
                          yeah that article does not exactly inspire confidence... gives a long list of reasons he thinks he could leave.

which is all speculation, but one thing that isn't is that masai is set to be a free agent the same summer everyone is hoping we are setting ourselves up to make a run at a big free agent... gonna be hard pressed to sign anyone of consequence without that situation settled.

Comment

Grange has an article up on the Masai to NY thing. MLSE did *not* offer an extension, because they didn't have to. So Beck is probably wrong. However Masai may still go to NY when his contract is over. Grange lists some reasons why he might. However the key right now is that Masai did not refuse an extension as one was not offered. I feel better.

Here is the link:
                            Put yourself in Masai's shoes. Dolan makes you the highest paid exectuve in the league and gives you FULL autonomy of the team. You wouldn't take the job? we're not talking about the Memphis Grizzlies here or the Denver Nuggets or the Charlotte Hornets. We're talking about the New York Knicks here.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Put yourself in Masai's shoes. Dolan makes you the highest paid exectuve in the league and gives you FULL autonomy of the team. You wouldn't take the job? we're not talking about the Memphis Grizzlies here or the Denver Nuggets or the Charlotte Hornets. We're talking about the New York Knicks here.
                              No I wouldn't take it (unless purely for the money)

Because we all know Dolan has his fingers crossed behind his back and is truly incapable of not meddling.
                              And going to the Knicks and struggling to get back to a .500 nothing burger does nothing and in fact could hurt, basketball Africa.
                              Taking them to the promised land sans Dolan's meddling would be a different story but neither likely to happen.

Comment

• RJ Barrett learning to adjust to life in NBA with Knicks

Masai, beware lol

Comment

Working...
                                X