Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Fun fact: James Dolan gave Phil Jackson a $60 million dollar contract, at a press conference said he was 'willingly and gratefully' ceding all basketball responsibilities to Phil Jackson, then 3 years later fired him ('mutually parted ways') after a power struggle re buying out Melo's contract.

Oh yeah and the first thing Phil tried to do was recruit Steve Kerr to be his new head coach and couldn't, Kerr turned down the New York Knicks for some team in Oakland.

Let's not even get into the 2019 free agent class, who turned down the Knicks for legendary NBA franchises like the Nets and Clippers.

Can we stop pretending the Knicks are some obviously magical NBA destination.
    I can see no reason an executive not motivated by money and would not allow owner meddling would find the New York Knick job attractive enough to leave a world-class global city / franchise..

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
      Isn't Masai under contract till 2021?
      Yes, If Giannis and the big free agents all spurn the Raptors. That might be the tell that Masai is moving on.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Fun fact: James Dolan gave Phil Jackson a $60 million dollar contract, at a press conference said he was 'willingly and gratefully' ceding all basketball responsibilities to Phil Jackson, then 3 years later fired him ('mutually parted ways') after a power struggle re buying out Melo's contract.

Oh yeah and the first thing Phil tried to do was recruit Steve Kerr to be his new head coach and couldn't, Kerr turned down the New York Knicks for some team in Oakland.

Let's not even get into the 2019 free agent class, who turned down the Knicks for legendary NBA franchises like the Nets and Clippers.

Can we stop pretending the Knicks are some obviously magical NBA destination.
        Much of the national American sports media is based in NYC & LA. They're all blatant Knicks & Lakers fans. All the time they dedicate to on air wishful thinking is what builds this "momentum".

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Much of the national American sports media is based in NYC & LA. They're all blatant Knicks & Lakers fans. All the time they dedicate to on air wishful thinking is what builds this "momentum".
          It was hilarious when Kawhi or PG to the Lakers and Kyrie and KD to the Knicks were a forgone conclusion.

Comment

• Report: MLSE chairman says Raptors’ Masai Ujiri ‘is here to stay’

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ai-ujiri-stay/

Comment

• I believe Larry made the same proclamation about Kawhi, on air while the Raptors were accepting the trophy. Pretty much the kiss of death and Masai is officially gone

Comment

• Talk is cheap....

If they are really serious in retaining Masai, MLSE should reformat his contract, offer him no less than 10 mil per year for 10 years (100 million contract), DO NOT WAIT UNTIL 2021.
                Award him a piece of the pie (ownership) and give him significant financial support/ funding for his Giant of Africa initiative.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I feel worse. Way worse. Grange basically refutes any reason why Masai would be deterred from going, while succinctly itemizing what he has to gain by relocating to NYC. Also: why TF didn't MLSE make the contract extension in the first place?
                  Yes it's true that Masai likely isn't "afraid" of any basketball situation, but that doesn't mean he's going to knowlingly put himself into an obvious shitty situation. Grange is reaching there.

I'm not afraid of snakes, but that doesn't mean I'm on my way to the pet store.
                  Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Dec 11, 2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    Talk is cheap....

If they are really serious in retaining Masai, MLSE should reformat his contract, offer him no less than 10 mil per year for 10 years (100 million contract), DO NOT WAIT UNTIL 2021.
                    Award him a piece of the pie (ownership) and give him significant financial support/ funding for his Giant of Africa initiative.
                    I would not be surprised if there was some ownership at stake. Say a certain amount each year he was still President capped at a certain amount. (MLSE is huge so I don't know if whole % points would be the yearly amount) He will be the highest paid GM/President in sports after his next contract. The question is where. Hopefully here.

Comment

• well i guess now that the team is starting to suck, masai will definitely stay for the challenge to fix the raps again!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        well i guess now that the team is starting to suck, masai will definitely stay for the challenge to fix the raps again!
                        Whoa..5 games man...let's give it another 2 - 3 weeks before we declare "Man the Lifeboats... Poseidon Adventure"

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            You know it's bullchit "I'm hearing" when it's 5M apart lol

Comment

• I guess this is the place for this quote from the Athletic. It's for all of the long (ex)suffering Raps fans (our suffering has been healed). Could you even fathom this quote a few years ago?

"The Heat have had one eye on 2021 (them and everybody else), when they could theoretically chase Giannis Antetokounmpo or one of the other A-List stars expected to hit free agency that summer. But it’s an uncertain proposition — for all we know Giannis might extend his contract before he ever hits free agency; even if he’s on the market, there’s no guarantee he leaves Milwaukee, let alone that he would choose Miami over a franchise like Toronto, Dallas or New York."

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Whoa..... that's Bobby Portis / Julius Randle money. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X