Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Whoa..... that's Bobby Portis / Julius Randle money. lol.
    Savage.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You know it's bullchit "I'm hearing" when it's 5M apart lol

I hear Masai is getting anywhere between $1M and $50M...

Also its stupid if the Knicks are throwing the next few years away and already talking about how much money they are going to offer Masai. Like Dolan can't be that stupid right?

Comment

• He's extremely stupid.

Comment

• Masai is extremely well liked by media and we have learned he is an upcoming free agent.

wouldn’t surprise me if he’s working them to get a better deal from MLSE.

Access Journalism at its worst.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I like how pippen ended the raptors conversation

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Pippen "Don't go to New York". Damn right!, or anywhere else for that matter. An earlier recommendation Pippen agreed with was to retire "2" to the rafters. Raptors are 1 of 3 NBA teams that do not have a retired number / jersey yet. Along with #7, does #2 go up there too?

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Pippen "Don't go to New York". Damn right!, or anywhere else for that matter. An earlier recommendation Pippen agreed with was to retire "2" to the rafters. Raptors are 1 of 3 NBA teams that do not have a retired number / jersey yet. Along with #7, does #2 go up there too?
                  I would, but also wouldn't be mad if they didn't.

It is a unique situation bc he was only here a year. But you won the chip and he was Finals MVP. Isn't that what this whole thing is about?

Leo or whoever suggesting a statue as a bit of a lesser nod to Kawhi is just goofy imho. A statue outside the arena is a bigger deal than a jersey in the rafters. There are far more jerseys in the rafters than statues out front around the league, it's the statues that are special.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

EASILY.

Teams should have a HIGH standards when it comes to this type of things. The model that they should follow is the Blue Jays model. In order to have your jersey retired you have to be 1.) a champion and/or 2.) a future hall of famer. That should be the criteria.

The Blue Jays have two retired jerseys. Robbie Alomar who's a hall of famer and their best player back in their 92 and 93 World Series teams. And the other is the late great Roy Halladay who's a hall of famer and the greatest pitcher in franchise history.

Kawhi Leonard and Vince Carter are the Robbie Alomar and the Roy Halladay of the Raptors. They're also the two greatest players in Raptors franchise history. #2 and #15 should be automatic.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

EASILY.

Teams should have a HIGH standards when it comes to this type of things. The model that they should follow is the Blue Jays model. In order to have your jersey retired you have to be 1.) a champion and/or 2.) a future hall of famer. That should be the criteria.

The Blue Jays have two retired jerseys. Robbie Alomar who's a hall of famer and their best player back in their 92 and 93 World Series teams. And the other is the late great Roy Halladay who's a hall of famer and the greatest pitcher in franchise history.

Kawhi Leonard and Vince Carter are the Robbie Alomar and the Roy Halladay of the Raptors. They're also the two greatest players in Raptors franchise history. #2 and #15 should be automatic.
                      Wouldn't Lowry be the Halladay parallel? Here for ages, dragged the team to what limited success it did have with him, only difference is management got him help and Halladay never got any, and so Lowry won a chip.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Wouldn't Lowry be the Halladay parallel? Here for ages, dragged the team to what limited success it did have with him, only difference is management got him help and Halladay never got any, and so Lowry won a chip.
                        Well he did say and/or hall of famer. And then compared Halladay to Carter. Vince has a greater chance of making the hall than Lowry.

I don't agree with his assessment on Carter but I think his breakdown was logical.

PS - I do think #2 should get his number retired here after his career is over.

Comment

• It's completely fine not to retire anybody's number. It's not like it's required lol
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Lowry is nowhere near on the same level of superstar in basketball as Halladay is in baseball. C'mon, man. And Lowry getting the yips in the playoffs is dragging them to success?
                            Last edited by golden; Mon Dec 16, 2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• To me Lowry and Vince are the no-brainers. Once each is retired the jerseys should go up.

The one year makes Kawhi tough. Statue might be the better way to go there.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Lowry is nowhere near on the same level of superstar in basketball as Halladay is in baseball. C'mon, man. And Lowry getting the yips in the playoffs is dragging them to success?
                                People who peddle this playoff Lowry narrative, it blows my mind. My instinct is to say they just didn't watch, but obviously that's not true. But it is beyond my comprehension how people can't see that, yes, Lowry dragged this team kicking and screaming to every ounce of success it had prior to Leonard's arrival.

Even in the years where Lowry was hurt and struggled with his shooting in the playoffs (and if you go back and look you'll see that hasn't been the case for several years, and it was actually only 2 years out of his 6 made playoffs here), look at what happened to the team whenever he sat down, no matter who else stayed on the court.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X