Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Having your jersey retired anywhere has to be a big time honour right?
    Yes. I don't think this moves the needle unless its Tristan Thompson or RJ Barrett or Andrew Wiggins or... You get my drift?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Jordan posted dominate numbers for 1,200 games for the Bulls.
      I used him as an example to highlight that he had help for his 6 rings, yet only Pippen was the other guy with his number retired. But the other guys on the team like Rodman, Harper, Kerr, Kukoc were not.

Kawhi was by far the best player on our team to win the chip, and possibly the only chip the Raptors ever get. So yeah he should get his number retired. And it shouldn't be because of the number of games played. I don't want to see Mo Pete's number retired.

Number of games played to me is not a good qualifier. I think only the best of the best should get their names up there. Kawhi fits for me.

Comment

Yeah sure.. but we're talking about a Raptor honour. He brought us that championship. Yeah he had help. Jordan's number is retired. Steve Kerr's and Dennis Rodman's aren't.

Jordan was an easy decision.. he played there for his entire career (sort of) and is a GOAT. But my point is, Raptors may never win another. And Kawhi got us that one. He was Jordanesque. He should deserve more than just a name on the banner with everyone else's. Statue is way too much. His jersey should be retired IMO.
        That's the attitude Windhorst had too. "You guys are so lucky you should eternally grateful". It might be true but I hope franchise has some pride too.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

That's the attitude Windhorst had too. "You guys are so lucky you should eternally grateful". It might be true but I hope franchise has some pride too.
          Leonard is only 28.. he's got at least 5-6 more years at least before he retires for good. If we win another chip in that span than I might change my mind. But assuming we don't than he should.

It's too early because we just won, and he left after a year. I get it.. but I've also watched this team for a long time, and we've been so bad for most of it.

Comment

I used him as an example to highlight that he had help for his 6 rings, yet only Pippen was the other guy with his number retired. But the other guys on the team like Rodman, Harper, Kerr, Kukoc were not.

Kawhi was by far the best player on our team to win the chip, and possibly the only chip the Raptors ever get. So yeah he should get his number retired. And it shouldn't be because of the number of games played. I don't want to see Mo Pete's number retired.

Number of games played to me is not a good qualifier. I think only the best of the best should get their names up there. Kawhi fits for me.
            You highlight two guys who played like 1000 games each for a franchise, won titles, were dominate and were honored. Its pretty obvious Kawhi Leonard is a lot better than anyone else on the Raptors, no one is debating that.

I don't know if what Kawhi did is enough because of time. Time counts, its a factor. He had a remarkable run... But it was just 84 games and I am not sure he cares.

Comment

He was the main reason why we won that championship though and his name on the banner isn't any bigger than the other names on it. He deserves a better honor. In 15-20 years, people should know it was Kawhi that brought us that banner.
              Trust me, in 15-20 years that will be the ONLY narrative. I prefer making an effort to remember the rest of the lesser known unsung heros that helped along the way

its a team sport, and kawhis team was better than giannis team when it mattered.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• You sacrifice legendary status, statues, jerseys, banners, what have you, when you choose LA over Toronto.

That's over now. We could have had it all.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  You sacrifice legendary status, statues, jerseys, banners, what have you, when you choose LA over Toronto.

That's over now. We could have had it all.

lol. Kawhi was the American Gigolo. Sorry Canada.... this was a business relationship.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. Kawhi was the American Gigolo. Sorry Canada.... this was a business relationship.

And he wasnt even his first title, OR finals MVP. We truly were just another one night stand, another notch on the belt.

But we'll remember those nights in the early summer of 19 as long as we live, lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

And he wasnt even his first title, OR finals MVP. We truly were just another one night stand, another notch on the belt.

But we'll remember those nights in the early summer of 19 as long as we live, lol

Canada is second from the left. Clippers are next in line, but I think Canada is way better looking. I wonder who #4 is going to be?

Comment

• Amazing journalism...

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16...es-for-knicks/

This is the headline: Rumor: Raptors want two first-round picks as compensation if Masai Ujiri leaves for Knicks.

The article then goes on to say how they have no idea if Toronto wants anything or is interested in anything or would ever consider anything... and how it’s entirely speculation based on some entirely unrelated conversations someone once had in the past about another executive on another team.

I mean.... jesus NBC... you’re making Trump look good when you write shit like this, and that’s no small feat.

The state of American Journalism.
                        Way to go 😎

Comment

• It’s the state of most journalism. Gotta get those clicks!

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            Amazing journalism...

This is the headline: Rumor: Raptors want two first-round picks as compensation if Masai Ujiri leaves for Knicks.

The article then goes on to say how they have no idea if Toronto wants anything or is interested in anything or would ever consider anything... and how it’s entirely speculation based on some entirely unrelated conversations someone once had in the past about another executive on another team.

I mean.... jesus NBC... you’re making Trump look good when you write shit like this, and that’s no small feat.

Way to go 😎

The fine print:

It’s unclear how much Begley is reporting on the Raptors and Knicks specifically or extrapolating from a somewhat similar situation. If it’s the latter, this is of only limited utility.
                            Blame Google Ads and the like. The easy monetization of clicks has let this genie out of the bottle.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              Amazing journalism...

Way to go 😎
                              It's past irresponsible journalism.

Comment

• Welcome to 2019. Welcome to the age of zero accountability tabloids.

Comment

Working...
                                X