Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Blame Google Ads and the like. The easy monetization of clicks has let this genie out of the bottle.
    Exactly. Trying to keep up with Twitter, Stephen A shouting on YouTube, and Facebook memes for idiots. Not enough time for traditional journalism, have to throw content out there and get your clicks or get left behind. (Happening anyway.)
    ​​​​​​
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Exactly. Trying to keep up with Twitter, Stephen A shouting on YouTube, and Facebook memes for idiots. Not enough time for traditional journalism, have to throw content out there and get your clicks or get left behind. (Happening anyway.)
      ​​​​​​
      Or, it has always been like this and it's only now with the explosion of media sources and the advent of the internet that people can now communicate in real time and people with direct knowledge of the actual stories can respond to them or people with expertise can evaluate them.... 25 years ago, there were zero sources for Raptors news. This story might have been the only Raptors story you'd read. How would you be able to evaluate it if you didn't have all the information you have now?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Or, it has always been like this and it's only now with the explosion of media sources and the advent of the internet that people can now communicate in real time and people with direct knowledge of the actual stories can respond to them or people with expertise can evaluate them.... 25 years ago, there were zero sources for Raptors news. This story might have been the only Raptors story you'd read. How would you be able to evaluate it if you didn't have all the information you have now?
        Well, I mean, the story I posted evaluates itself. It baldly states something to be true in the headline and then in the body of the article goes right on to say it genuinely has no idea what the fuck it's talking about. I think that's changed. That might've been the national enquirer before but NBC shouldn't be operating like that.

One thing I know about the newspaper industry which has always baffled me is that the writer of the article doesn't write their own headline. The editor does. So an editor can eye it and either miss the point, or want something that -- SELLS MORE PAPERS.

Speaking of punchy headlines... just saw this one...

Comment

No, it wasn't always like this. In the past, monetization of advertising revenue was controlled by a select few media outlets. The moguls created media content and had semi-exclusive access to the events and the sources.

Now, my 9 year-old son can make money from advertisers by putting up a video of him and his buddies having a farting contest on YouTube. That's a tectonic shift. Democratization and equal access doesn't always lead to better results.

Comment

No, it wasn't always like this. In the past, monetization of advertising revenue was controlled by a select few media outlets. The moguls created media content and had semi-exclusive access to the events and the sources.

Now, my 9 year-old son can make money from advertisers by putting up a video of him and his buddies having a farting contest on YouTube. That's a tectonic shift. Democratization and equal access doesn't always lead to better results.
            Maybe the networks overestimated their population. Farts sell, thats just a golden rule.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Meh, "we've bypassed the gatekeepers!" is a very 2011 take on social media. It's now an official clusterf*ck that's being manipulated by for-profit corporations who will do anything to get you to click something or buy something, political agents like Mike Cernovitch who want to spread ideologies without anyone realizing what's happening - all you know is some random crap about Hillary's pneumonia is trending on Twitter, and foreign governments who want to eff up your current election like a digital Bay of Pigs. Then there's a bunch of kids like golden's farting on YouTube. Enter legacy journalism throwing shat at the wall to try to keep up with all the clickbait after laying off 2/3 of their journalists and most of their editorial staff. Out of all this you get garbage like that NBC "article."

I love the internet but honestly it's a disaster re: information sharing and the spread of ideas. It's the wild west right now but without a Walker, Texas Ranger anywhere in sight. It'll probably all shake out eventually, once half of us have become flat earthers and the other half died of polio after refusing to get vaccinated.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                . It's the wild west right now but without a Walker, Texas Ranger anywhere in sight.
                Actually, its got that too!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Well, I mean, the story I posted evaluates itself. It baldly states something to be true in the headline and then in the body of the article goes right on to say it genuinely has no idea what the fuck it's talking about. I think that's changed. That might've been the national enquirer before but NBC shouldn't be operating like that.

One thing I know about the newspaper industry which has always baffled me is that the writer of the article doesn't write their own headline. The editor does. So an editor can eye it and either miss the point, or want something that -- SELLS MORE PAPERS.

Speaking of punchy headlines... just saw this one...

He turns late 1st rounders into all stars and undrafted player into recieving fmvp votes. I'm pretty sure that what they were talking about in the bible when they said "water into wine"
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Glad he is with this team. In Masai We Trust

Comment

• Masai Ujiri; Raptors'Going to Die Trying' to Defend the Title..

U gotta love Masai..let's go..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Masai Ujiri; Raptors'Going to Die Trying' to Defend the Title..

I wish I had Photoshop skills...

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Masai Ujiri; Raptors'Going to Die Trying' to Defend the Title..

I heard his quote on the radio. There's some dispute as to whether he meant ride who we have and see what happens or go for it in trade. I get the sense he feels a great debt to Marc, Serge and Kyle and he'll go down with the ship with them.

Comment

I wish I had Photoshop skills...

edit: just saw you used this in your game-thread J
                            I saw your version on reddit... I think I prefer the Score's version though.
                            Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Jan 23, 2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

edit: just saw you used this in your game-thread J
                              I saw your version on reddit... I think I prefer the Score's version though.

Love it..but Masai is more of a Eminem..he just buries GM's in the league..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Interesting...the game is actually in New York this week and not a peep out of any of the NY dailies about Masai. Either someone got the message or they've just moved on to the next headline (which Knick PG can't shoot and how can they get AD in free agency)

Comment

Working...
                                X