Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder wrote: View Post

I just read it. That was totally bush league. Click bait.

We need guys like Blake and Will to become prominent figures in Canadian Basketball Press. Not just in articles but seen on TV as well. Our old heads are brutal, Smith, Grange and Rautins are all past their best before date.
    Our old heads are from a bygone era, where Antonio Davis was a 4 next to a lumbering 5, the purple dinosaur was worn un-ironically, and games were on CBC, and everybody played inside the arc.

We can keep Jack. Punt the rest.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      That whole spin cycle was a load of BS. Mark Stein made up some shit in an e-news letter which self-disclosed having no idea what Ujiri was thinking/wanting. The Knicks, as far as we know, never even got as far as asking to talk to Ujiri let alone talking to him. Then a bunch of Toronto beat writers hopped on the back of a panicking Raptors Twitter to drop same-day articles that had nothing in them, too.

Meanwhile Ujiri is heading to Africa with Justin Trudeau because he's above dropping everything and hosting a press conference just because James Dolan is a crackhead. Ujiri don't need that drama.

Whether Masai will be here past the end of his current contract is another question which has nothing to do with James Dolan and the Knicks. Masai is a man with a plan, so no doubt there's a career path charted out on a whiteboard in his bedroom at home, but none of us will know what it is until he wants to know. Meanwhile Marc Stein and everybody else can stuff it because they have no idea, either. As if everything Masai has done so far hasn't taught us that the media has no idea what he's up to.
      Masai's life plan: fuck bitches, get money, dominate basketball management

so far so good

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Our old heads are from a bygone era, where Antonio Davis was a 4 next to a lumbering 5, the purple dinosaur was worn un-ironically, and games were on CBC, and everybody played inside the arc.

Nah.... Jack off, too. Get the broom out and elevate our broadcast game to world class, like everything else in the Raptors organization.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nah.... Jack off, too. Get the broom out and elevate our broadcast game to world class, like everything else in the Raptors organization.

Say no more!!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Jack IS world class. After Clyde Frazier he gets the most praise of any color commentator in the NBA from other fanbases. I can't count the number of threads I've seen started by other fans who rave about Matt and specifically Jack.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Punt jack first. The time for eye rolling drunk stories, goofy catch phrases and comic relief that isn't comedic .... is gone.

Comment

• Glad to see the brief alarm was a false one.

Hiring an agent to be your president might work when you have the #2 player of all time as a backstop but in NYC you aren't going to have that safety net. Knicks will probably continue to overpay middle rate "stars" like Julius Randle into the foreseeable future.

Just hope they don't get in the way of RJ's development.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Jack IS world class. After Clyde Frazier he gets the most praise of any color commentator in the NBA from other fanbases. I can't count the number of threads I've seen started by other fans who rave about Matt and specifically Jack.
                  Must be teens who just love hearing some old scratchy voiced crazy drunk screamin' HELLO and BONJOUR like it's the first time every time.
                  Now "Get that gahbage outta here" is gold Jerry ....

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Matt and Jack are right near the top of the game. There are very few crews if any better than them and even then it's mostly a matter of taste. I would argue Devlin is one of the premier play-by-play guys in North American sports.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                      I just heard Grange on the radio and had 2 turn it off..this guy is a bum.
                      Grange is horrendous.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Matt and Jack are right near the top of the game. There are very few crews if any better than them and even then it's mostly a matter of taste. I would argue Devlin is one of the premier play-by-play guys in North American sports.
                        devlin would call early round playoff games for TNT in years the raps were lottery bound, and i would say TNT generally employs the best of the best play by play guys. i would also say they employ marv albert.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The play-by-play guys are pretty generic to me, but I care about the analysis and glimpses of the thought process of NBA players and coaches. Jack gives no more insight than my high school coach... speaking in old, tired cliches, over and over again. By contrast, a complete untrained newbie, like Richard Jefferson, gives you actual insider tidbits from an NBA player perspective. And his stories... real NBA stories... are pretty hilarious.

Jack is really just an outsider with better access than the regular Joe. He was fine when Toronto didn't care about basketball. I remember Danny Green politely contradicted a few of Jack's coaching cliches when Jack used them on Danny's pod.... trying to sound knowledegable about the NBA game. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that goes on in the NBA that Jack is clueless about. I would love to have a former player or coach who was articulate and personable as an analyst. We had Doc Rivers, way back, on some year 1 or year 2 CTV games. That's world class, IMO. Jack is minor league.
                          Last edited by golden; Thu Feb 6, 2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Grange with a much better article today. He notes Bell CEO George Cope is a basketball fan but is retiring and leaving the board and notes that Tannenbaum is 75. Is Masai waiting to sign an extension to see if he still has a supportive board in a year that will spend into the luxury tax?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ust-beginning/

Comment

• Guys, eventually Masai is going to leave. He will very likely not pillage the organization taking Webster with him when he goes, so we should still be in good hands, and if Masai wants to be elsewhere (in the NBA, or more likely, doing something else entirely) I for one will be happy for him to do what he likes considering what he’s done for us.

But the annual worry about the Knicks is hilarious. I was pretty impressed reading through this that most seem to have caught on to the scam. Twitter still panics every time.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                Grange with a much better article today. He notes Bell CEO George Cope is a basketball fan but is retiring and leaving the board and notes that Tannenbaum is 75. Is Masai waiting to sign an extension to see if he still has a supportive board in a year that will spend into the luxury tax?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ust-beginning/
                                Total non-story. This is Grange trying to salvage a shred of credibility after he got completed blindsided by the Leon Rose to Knicks news. Serves you right Grange.... next time don't stoop to TMZ level reporting without the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X