No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Back up the brinks truck
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        Back up the brinks truck
        Why have they not done that yet?
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The twitter quote is misleading.. the video is better:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/raptors-team...york-1.5456714

Masai - "‘I'm always a Raptor. Always a Raptor".

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The play-by-play guys are pretty generic to me, but I care about the analysis and glimpses of the thought process of NBA players and coaches. Jack gives no more insight than my high school coach... speaking in old, tired cliches, over and over again. By contrast, a complete untrained newbie, like Richard Jefferson, gives you actual insider tidbits from an NBA player perspective. And his stories... real NBA stories... are pretty hilarious.

Jack is really just an outsider with better access than the regular Joe. He was fine when Toronto didn't care about basketball. I remember Danny Green politely contradicted a few of Jack's coaching cliches when Jack used them on Danny's pod.... trying to sound knowledegable about the NBA game. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that goes on in the NBA that Jack is clueless about. I would love to have a former player or coach who was articulate and personable as an analyst. We had Doc Rivers, way back, on some year 1 or year 2 CTV games. That's world class, IMO. Jack is minor league.

Comment

• https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...icer-1.5458416
              California police officer suing Masai Ujiri in wake of championship altercation

Strickland alleges in his lawsuit that Ujiri hit him in the face and chest with both fists.

Strickland also says in the lawsuit, filed last week in California, that he was physically injured and has since suffered "severe emotional and physical distress" as a result of what happened. In the days following the incident, a lawyer representing Strickland said Strickland suffered a concussion and jaw injury that forced him to take medical leave.

Strickland is also suing the Raptors organization, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment and the NBA, arguing that "they knew, or should have known" that Ujiri "had a violent predisposition and propensity for physical violence."

Comment

• "Violent predisposition" are definitely the first words that come to mind when I think of Masai. And I thought the original claim was that Masai hit him once, now he hit him with both fists? This guy seems like a piece of work
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Wow, also suing MLSE for letting this wild man have court access?

Ugh, ujiri had to come in contact with one of those losers who got pushed by a rich guy and saw dollar signs...never mind he was the first to (needlessly) lay hands on masai.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    "Violent predisposition" are definitely the first words that come to mind when I think of Masai. And I thought the original claim was that Masai hit him once, now he hit him with both fists? This guy seems like a piece of work
                    Violent predisposition sound like a subtle racist descriptive to me. Seems to me this guy didn't think a well dressed black man could be the president of the Toronto Raptors and tried to prevent him from entering the court.
                    Wish there was more video footage of this cause i bet if the full encounter came out on tape this guy would be fucked
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• This cop is going to make a killing. Masai's team (MLSE, NBA, etc) are going to settle this out of court just so Masai can move on with his day to day and not think about it anymore. At least that's how I would operate if I was Masai. I'd just want it taken care of.

Masai has a case, but then he'd have to go to court probably. But who has time for that crap?

The cop is living the American Dream.

Comment

• If i lived in New york i would try to go get james dolan to breath me. I'd own MSG in no time
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          This cop is going to make a killing. Masai's team (MLSE, NBA, etc) are going to settle this out of court just so Masai can move on with his day to day and not think about it anymore. At least that's how I would operate if I was Masai. I'd just want it taken care of.

Masai has a case, but then he'd have to go to court probably. But who has time for that crap?

The cop is living the American Dream.
                          Trudeau should pay his settlement, he owes him a couple favours

He helped lead the Toronto Raptors to their first NBA championship, but it might still seem strange that Masai Ujiri is side-by-side with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during his trip to Africa.

In fact, Ujiri’s clout and star power could be crucial for Trudeau as he attempts to garner support for landing Canada a seat on the powerful United Nations Security Council.

The pair, along with three other ministers, are attending a weekend session of the African Union in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
                          The support and votes of the 54 African leaders will be critical when the UN decides on the fate of Canada’s bid in June.

Before becoming a player scout and NBA executive, Ujiri was raised in Nigeria. Outside of the NBA, he’s lent his support for different business initiatives and charities at home and abroad.

Ujiri had initially planned on travelling to the continent to promote his foundation, Giants of Africa, which uses basketball as a way to educate and connect with African youth.

But he switched up his plans after Trudeau asked him to join his delegation to Africa. But he praised Ujiri’s work in the region at a press conference on Sunday.

Comment

• Masai is a dangerous individual. Should stay in Canada tbh
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• "But surely Masai wants to get out of that Canadian backwater and into a major US market"
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Violent predisposition sound like a subtle racist descriptive to me. Seems to me this guy didn't think a well dressed black man could be the president of the Toronto Raptors and tried to prevent him from entering the court.
                                Wish there was more video footage of this cause i bet if the full encounter came out on tape this guy would be fucked
                                This has racism all over it. I would not be surprised if this gets settled out of court, then again, I would also not be surprised if they counter sued the cop for being racist and ruining what should have been a great celebration.

Comment

Working...
                                X