Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya but does Bernie sanders get stopped for his credential or just his staffers and media members? I think big question would be what other people were able to enter the court. Other front office etc. I'm pretty sure one of the beat reporters (I think Micheal Grange) said he just walked onto the court without even coming into contact with anyone and had no one stop and try to check his credentials. With how much footage and people filming is at an NBA finals you would think there is some footage floating around somewhere that shows the entire interaction.
    Good point(s). I remember Grange saying that and I've also voiced the opinion several times that there IS full video out there.

What I believe is Masai likely had a greater chance of being (black) stopped for not displaying credentials but I highly doubt they would have stopped him for being black if he was wearing them correctly.

I'm relying on several eye witnesses saying Masai was carrying his credentials in his hand instead of around his neck and an eyewitness (who wasn't supporting the idiot cop) saying Masai's credentials couldn't be seen....

If he showed his credentials and was still held back, different story. If he stuffed them in an idiot cop's face, an idiot cop will often be an idiot right back....
    Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Feb 11, 2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Forbes is listing the average value of NBA franchises above $2 billion for the first time, a figure that has grown nearly 600% in the past decade.

The average NBA franchise is now valued at slightly more than $2.1 billion, with Forbes saying the New York Knicks -- worth $4.6 billion by the magazine's calculations -- ranking atop the league list and growing by 15% over the prior year.

The Los Angeles Lakers were listed with a worth of $4.4 billion, with the Golden State Warriors at $4.3 billion.

The rest of the top 10: Chicago ($3.2 billion), Boston ($3.1 billion), the LA Clippers ($2.6 billion), Brooklyn ($2.5 billion), Houston($2.475 billion), Dallas ($2.4 billion) and Toronto ($2.1 billion).

Only five teams were listed with a value less than $1.5 billion: Detroit ($1.45 billion), Orlando ($1.43 billion), Minnesota ($1.375 billion), New Orleans ($1.35 billion) and Memphis ($1.3 billion).
      MLSE should not shortchange Masai, 10 million x 10 years (100 million contract) with bonuses, small minority ownership and funds set aside for his GOA initiative.

not that much to ask from a 2.1 billion money making machine

Comment

• Just me, but similar to players, I wouldn't give an Executive a 10 year deal. The highs and lows are too tenuous is pro sports

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Just me, but similar to players, I wouldn't give an Executive a 10 year deal. The highs and lows are too tenuous is pro sports
          Masai has never had a low in his life. He had an awkward moment once just to see what it felt like. You give the man a blank cheque, if you enjoy success.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• $10M is too low. Pat Riley made $11M a year in 2016 from this article here:
            https://moneyinc.com/highest-paid-gms-in-the-nba/

MLSE needs to start the negotiations at $15M and look to get that into the $20M's if they have to. Masai should be the highest paid GM/President in the league, no question.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              $10M is too low. Pat Riley made $11M a year in 2016 from this article here:
              https://moneyinc.com/highest-paid-gms-in-the-nba/

MLSE needs to start the negotiations at $15M and look to get that into the $20M's if they have to. Masai should be the highest paid GM/President in the league, no question.
              If players can be paid 20,30,40 million... then so can the best GM in the sport

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

If players can be paid 20,30,40 million... then so can the best GM in the sport
                Bobby Webster is GM ....but....yah

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Just me, but similar to players, I wouldn't give an Executive a 10 year deal. The highs and lows are too tenuous is pro sports
                  Completely different.

Front office salaries don’t affect the cap do they?

If not then I don’t care how much MLSE pays. Not my money and won’t affect the team moving forward.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

Completely different.

Front office salaries don’t affect the cap do they?

If not then I don’t care how much MLSE pays. Not my money and won’t affect the team moving forward.
                    This is a key to Raptors success. The money spent on staff is peanuts compared to the money spent on players. Accumulate the best staff and facilities possible, and you maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your players. You wind up getting better draft picks, free agent acquisitions and undrafted signings. Then you turn those players into better players. Boost intangibles like culture and team identity. Then kick ass.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

This is a key to Raptors success. The money spent on staff is peanuts compared to the money spent on players. Accumulate the best staff and facilities possible, and you maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your players. You wind up getting better draft picks, free agent acquisitions and undrafted signings. Then you turn those players into better players. Boost intangibles like culture and team identity. Then kick ass.
                      There is some luck involved in that as well. If we didn't have a prior connection to Masai, does he leave Denver to take the job in Toronto? If not then his scouting team doesn't come with him either. I agree you need to invest it top tier management, but I imagine the pickings are slim. I mean Otis Smith, Isah Thomas, Billy King, Glen Grunwald (amongst others) were the top executives running NBA teams for how long? Grunwald is the CEO of Canada basketball from crying out loud. There aren't a tremendous number of quality choices out there which is baffling.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

There is some luck involved in that as well. If we didn't have a prior connection to Masai, does he leave Denver to take the job in Toronto? If not then his scouting team doesn't come with him either. I agree you need to invest it top tier management, but I imagine the pickings are slim. I mean Otis Smith, Isah Thomas, Billy King, Glen Grunwald (amongst others) were the top executives running NBA teams for how long? Grunwald is the CEO of Canada basketball from crying out loud. There aren't a tremendous number of quality choices out there which is baffling.
                        This is true in every field. There aren't a lot of good, let alone great, leaders out there that command respect and loyalty and can deliver. For the most part, these guys are interchangeable (see your list above), so, if you find one of the good ones you pay him.

Comment

• It would be wise for the Raptors ownership to make sure Masai is content. The only question I would have at this point is the same one Grange posed in a recent piece. How much longer does Masai want to continue with the basketball gig. He's an ambitious guy with interests in areas beyond sports. Fortunately, his salary and position allows him the means to play a leadership role in some of these areas. Hard to match $'s in the public domain.

Comment

• Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri, speaking in Dakar, Senegal, calls Oakland police officer's civil lawsuit against him "malicious," says incident after championship-winning game is a reason he wants to win another title.
                            This guy is not going anywhere, he will stay in Toronto.

the only time he quits the Raps:
                            1. Silver steps down and he assume commish.

2. He will not win the chip again after another 5 years of trying

3. MLSE low ball him (total disrespect offer) and Washington DC Wizards blows his mind with a massive check/ a slice of Ownership / GOA funding.

Comment

• Masai is also an official Canadian. He's one of us

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                                It would be wise for the Raptors ownership to make sure Masai is content. The only question I would have at this point is the same one Grange posed in a recent piece. How much longer does Masai want to continue with the basketball gig. He's an ambitious guy with interests in areas beyond sports. Fortunately, his salary and position allows him the means to play a leadership role in some of these areas. Hard to match $'s in the public domain.
                                Yeah, selfishly I'd like him to stay with the Raptors, but it's almost like Masai really should be doing something bigger than basketball as his full-time gig.

Comment

Working...
                                X