No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me get back to the real topic, if you are posting a black square in your social media but not saying anything else, not sharing info, not donating or looking for other ways you can lend your support, then it does nothing it means nothing. I've already donated to 1 organization. Don't just post a black square because everyone's doing it.

Ways you can help:

Donate
    Sign Petitions
    Text or call
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Meh nothing has convinced me that Kareem isn't up there in GOAT convo. Longevity like Lebron James. Defense. Offense. Accolades. Championships.
      not winning more titles in a decade relatively bereft of talent is kind of an indictment though, no? we're talking about the GOAT, not someone just up there in the convo.

some of those teams were bad, by championship standards. the fucking bullets won 44 games. the warriors won 48.

he's the GOAT college player though, no doubt about that

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

not winning more titles in a decade relatively bereft of talent is kind of an indictment though, no? we're talking about the GOAT, not someone just up there in the convo.

some of those teams were bad, by championship standards. the fucking bullets won 44 games. the warriors won 48.

he's the GOAT college player though, no doubt about that
        Sometimes it was injuries. And in some playoff games his teammates failed him. Doesn't matter what era
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Sometimes it was injuries. And in some playoff games his teammates failed him. Doesn't matter what era
          i'm a pretty big proponent of the no-man-can-win-a-championship-by-himself school of thought but kareem in the 70's really should have. have a gander at some of the second and third best players on a few of those championship teams. most casual fans would have no idea who they are.

he was playing with jamaal wilkes, adrian dantley, and norm nixon (two HOFers and a 2X allstar/champ), so it's not like he was on an island.

the GOAT's gotta be able to handle marvin webster is what i'm saying, whoever the fuck that is

Comment

• Kareem is a tad overrated I do agree. He's outside my top 5, a clear notch below bill and wilt, and the more I think about it, I could put shaq and Duncan in front of him if you convinced me.

but he's still the undisputed king of the 70s decade in the nba, and you can't punish him for his era being cocaine fueled and lacking at times, you play the competition you're given. He's gotta be top 10.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Kareem is a tad overrated I do agree. He's outside my top 5, a clear notch below bill and wilt, and the more I think about it, I could put shaq and Duncan in front of him if you convinced me.

but he's still the undisputed king of the 70s decade in the nba, and you can't punish him for his era being cocaine fueled and lacking at times, you play the competition you're given. He's gotta be top 10.
              i'm not calling him overrated i don't think. i am calling him not the GOAT.

i have him third behind MJ and russell, ahead of lebron and wilt. his longevity, statistical dominance, and accomplishments are incredible, and he won consistently at the highest levels prior to the nba too.

but i can absolutely hold it against him - for the GOAT spot at least - for not having even more success in the decade he owned more than any other, which was ravaged by drugs and diluted to a massive degree by expansion and presence of the ABA

Comment

• Masai was also on the Jump:

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    Listening to it now. As usual, Masai is a great listen.

Right now listening to the part Woj says he's reflecting on why he only called Masai to get comment when Trump referred to shithole countries. Powerful stuff.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      He gone?

Masai: "My kids are American, my wife has American citizenship. I feel like I am an American."

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He gone?

Masai: "My kids are American, my wife has American citizenship. I feel like I am an American."
                        He'd be a great politician

"Yes. For me it's always been about Toronto," Ujiri said at his season-ending availability. "I love it here. My family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is important. My kids are Canadian. I want to win more... In my mind, I'm here."

Comment

He gone?

If you want to have an opinion in America that carries any public weight (about the social unrests), you gotta either open or close with something like that, otherwise no one down there will care or listen. Classic Masai.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

If you want to have an opinion in America that carries any public weight (about the social unrests), you gotta either open or close with something like that, otherwise no one down there will care or listen. Classic Masai.
                            So you mean he might not be currently signing a contract with the Knicks?

*slowly removes razor from wrist*

Comment

He gone?

I'm sure he meant NORTH Americans right??

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Masai Ujiri will be on First Take tomorrow.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X