No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting convo on First Take today. Masai used Joe Dumars as an example as it pertains to the lack of black executives in the NBA and all of sports. Dumars as the Pistons President of Basketball Operations led the Pistons to 6 straight ECF appearance and obviously won it all in 04. He never got another executive job after getting fired by the Pistons.

I have a much better example though: CITO GASTON. Back to back WS champion in 92 and 93. When the Jays let him go in 95, Cito never got another managerial job till later on in his career when the - guess who - Blue Jays brought him back in 09 or maybe 2010. That's crazy. Cito Gaston is a 2x WS champion.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Interesting convo on First Take today. Masai used Joe Dumars as an example as it pertains to the lack of black executives in the NBA and all of sports. Dumars as the Pistons President of Basketball Operations led the Pistons to 6 straight ECF appearance and obviously won it all in 04. He never got another executive job after getting fired by the Pistons.
      Maybe he wasn't the brains of the operation
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        Interesting convo on First Take today. Masai used Joe Dumars as an example as it pertains to the lack of black executives in the NBA and all of sports. Dumars as the Pistons President of Basketball Operations led the Pistons to 6 straight ECF appearance and obviously won it all in 04. He never got another executive job after getting fired by the Pistons.
        i mean joe dumars had a great run for awhile there but unfortunately ended with a series of brutal decisions, not even counting drafting darko (which was as preposterous at the time as it is in hindsight). the AI trade, dismantling a championship core to usher in the charlie V and ben gordon era, awful coaching hires, brutal drafting. there's no way i'd hire him after that run.

when i think of joe dumars the GM i think of every time basketbawful posted this photo. god that blog was hilarious.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Maybe he wasn't the brains of the operation
          you beat me to it!

Comment

• That picture is hilarious. Lol.

But anyway, if you're a Knicks fan, just listen to Masai speak, do you think that guy would ever join Dolan in NY? lol.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

you beat me to it!
              In my mind he's having a conversation with himself lol

Hello? Who is this? I asked you first! No, I asked YOU first! OK, one more time asshole! You think this is funny? Quit copying me!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

In my mind he's having a conversation with himself lol

Hello? Who is this? I asked you first! No, I asked YOU first! OK, one more time asshole! You think this is funny? Quit copying me!
                haha. the caption on your photo says it was during 2003 draft.

i like to think he's calling in the darko selection on two different lines to make absolutely certain he gets his man.

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    shwing!

Comment

Giannis to Toronto (Uncle Masai) confirmed

Comment

Let the tampering begin.

Comment

• Can you imagine if Giannis came to Toronto though? The entire country would go insane.(Provided we have sanity left at that point)

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                            Can you imagine if Giannis came to Toronto though? The entire country would go insane.(Provided we have sanity left at that point)
                            My opinion, hot take he would eclipse Vince, Lowry, any Leaf of the last 20 years, Vladdy Jr etc as the most popular Canadian athlete in recent history. Great athlete, great person.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

My opinion, hot take he would eclipse Vince, Lowry, any Leaf of the last 20 years, Vladdy Jr etc as the most popular athlete on a Canadian team in recent history. Great athlete, great person.
                              Fixed it for you. He won't be the most popular Canadian athlete until he realizes, after the Raptors third championship, that Canada is his new home and officially becomes a Canadian citizen.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Fixed it for you. He won't be the most popular Canadian athlete until he realizes, after the Raptors third championship, that Canada is his new home and officially becomes a Canadian citizen.
                                Good point, thanks. I meant athlete in Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X