Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

My opinion, hot take he would eclipse Vince, Lowry, any Leaf of the last 20 years, Vladdy Jr etc as the most popular Canadian athlete in recent history. Great athlete, great person.
    Bo Bichette > Vlad Jr. Just watch. He'll prove it once the season starts whenever that is.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Bo Bichette > Vlad Jr. Just watch. He'll prove it once the season starts whenever that is.
      Could well be the better player. Vlad is more popular at the moment though and got most of the hype

Comment

My opinion, hot take he would eclipse Vince, Lowry, any Leaf of the last 20 years, Vladdy Jr etc as the most popular Canadian athlete in recent history. Great athlete, great person.
        LOL, no. You need to get out of the basketball/Toronto bubble.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
          Can you imagine if Giannis came to Toronto though? The entire country would go insane.(Provided we have sanity left at that point)
          Obligatory "Toronto doesn't have a chance at signing ______" NBA media mantra....

Last edited by golden; Fri Jun 26, 2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

LOL, no. You need to get out of the basketball/Toronto bubble.
            Help me out.

Who is the most popular player today, historically in Canadian sports, who might have significant fans across the entire country?
            No particular order:
            NHL
            Gretzky
            No Canuck, no Flame, no Senator
            Wendel, Sittler
            Patrick Roy

MLB
            Roy Halladay, Alomar, Joe Carter, Bautista, Delgado

NBA
            Vince, DeRozan, Bosh, Calderone, Mighty Mouse, (Oakley, JV)

Now remember I said recent:
            NHL
            McDavid
            No Canuck, no Flame, no Senator
            Auston Matthews (....please....)
            Carey Price (at one time)

MLB
            Vlad Jr
            Bo Bichette (time will tell on both)

NBA
            Lowry
            Kawhi
            Spicy

Now if Giannis ever came to Toronto and balled out for 5 years, won a championship(s) combined with his personality and marketability, who on the (recent) list above would he not easily eclipse? Maybe McDavid if he ever wins anything, that's it but I doubt it because he's not Canada-wide. The only issue all time would be Gretzky and likely Halladay, that's it. Giannis would have an opportunity to be the most likable, talented and popular athlete in Canada all time except The Great One.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Obligatory "Toronto doesn't have a chance at signing ______" NBA media mantra....

Man I love this stuff. He's not coming the same way that Kawhi is not going to show to up training camp for us. It only leaves them with more egg on their face.

Now Masai is staying in the same place as Giannis for the season (Hopefully it happens!). I wonder if the way the US has handled the Covid situation (Poorly, if even by perception only) has any affect to where Giannis wants his family to live. Him being an international player and being involved with Giants of Africa certainly don't hurt either. My only question, when the Raps win again this year, can they 3-peat once Giannis comes over?

Comment

• I'm not worried about Giannis, I'm worried about Masai. Masai's contract will expire after next season. His name has been on the rumour mill for a couple of years now. First the Knicks then the Wizards then most recently the Knicks again. Do we know he's coming back for sure after next season? did anyone read Grange's article a couple of months ago?

No Masai means no Giannis. No Masai means the end of the greatest era in Raptors history.

Comment

• Masai is the most important figure in this franchise history. Not Kawhi, not Lowry not Vince. As long as we have Masai, we'll be fine even if we don't get Giannis because I'm sure he'll find a way to make this team a championship contender.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                    I'm not worried about Giannis, I'm worried about Masai. Masai's contract will expire after next season. His name has been on the rumour mill for a couple of years now. First the Knicks then the Wizards then most recently the Knicks again. Do we know he's coming back for sure after next season? did anyone read Grange's article a couple of months ago?

No Masai means no Giannis. No Masai means the end of the greatest era in Raptors history.
                    I don't feel like Masai is going anywhere. Especially the Knicks, since he has publicly stated he hates the Knicks, and well.... Dolan is there. Then after we won the title, 5 minutes later, he is going to Washington to take over the Wizards, Capitals, Red Skins, and run for office. None of these happened. He has come out and said Canada is his home, I think he likes the international flavor. He has also said why would I leave something that I have personally built? If he does end up leaving, just pray that Bobby Webster stays. IMO he is criminally underrated due to Masai being so good. Although he might have the biggest shoes of all time to fill, I think he would carry on doing an awesome job with the team.

Comment

Good point, thanks. I meant athlete in Canada
                      I know man. I was F**ckin' with you.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I know man. I was F**ckin' with you.
                        To much of that going around here lately

Comment

To much of that going around here lately
                          Ha Ha. I gotta remember to use the pink font for sarcasm or general screwing around.

Comment

• BREAKING:

AHAHAAHAHAHA

https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...-hook-just-yet

FAILURE OF A MAN NOW OWES ALMOST 150,000 4 BASICAlly, BEING A RACIST AND A FAILED PERSON

gO HOME U FAILURE AND NVR C THE INSIDE OF AN NBA ARENA AGAIN SVP

YOLO

Comment

• I got kind of emotional man. This is so messed up
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I got kind of emotional man. This is so messed up
                                I just saw this and was looking for the masai thread but you must have bumped it while i was searching.
                                Masai 100% no fault for the interaction like most of us thought. Such B.S guy shoved as he was grabbing his credentials. Says he the president and get shoved again. Most likely race related.
                                Also love kyle. He saw something was going down and came over to wave him and make sure he got through the crowd.
                                Fuck that piece of shit rent a cop
                                Last edited by bertarapsfan; Tue Aug 18, 2020, 09:33 PM.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X