Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Masai will get an ownership stake, a blank canvas and what he wants most.... a US platform. That’s why he’s delaying signing here: to find out when the NBA will announce expansion. Seattle and Las Vegas are at the top of the list. Silver is accelerating expansion discussions to collect 2 new franchise fees, which match the COVID revenue losses almost too perfectly.
    Can't blame him.
    Both Vegas and Seattle are very lucrative markets.
    Well, at least he brought us a chip.
    Now, if he can get us a first draft pick before he leaves...

Comment

Yep. Masai will get an ownership stake, a blank canvas and what he wants most.... a US platform. That’s why he’s delaying signing here: to find out when the NBA will announce expansion. Seattle and Las Vegas are at the top of the list. Silver is accelerating expansion discussions to collect 2 new franchise fees, which match the COVID revenue losses almost too perfectly.
      I could see Masai leaving but Vegas and Seattle don't give him a better global platform than Toronto imo
      The best situation is from a winner though and that window may have passed here. But that's on him ....

Comment

I can see somebody offering ownership stake but my god what a dumb move from a franchise that'll be.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I can see somebody offering ownership stake but my god what a dumb move from a franchise that'll be.
          Pat Riley disagrees with you.

#Culture

Comment

Pat Riley disagrees with you.

#Culture
            He sold his though

Comment

• Am I only who thinks that will be fine if Masai leaves, I dont know..I believe Bobby Webster has more input than what we think, probably is more important, than Masai, so let's get Bobby signed.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

He sold his though
                Yeah, 3 chips later, that’s a win-win deal for everybody and counting.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  Am I only who thinks that will be fine if Masai leaves, I dont know..I believe Bobby Webster has more input than what we think, probably is more important, than Masai, so let's get Bobby signed.
                  It'll suck to lose Masai, but we'll be fine. He built a good front office, its not just him.

Its funny to me people think they know what Masai wants. He might want an ownership stake, he might want something with his basketball programs, he might want to sign with an expansion team. We don't know and I'm gonna think he is staying until he actually does leave.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                    Am I only who thinks that will be fine if Masai leaves, I dont know..I believe Bobby Webster has more input than what we think, probably is more important, than Masai, so let's get Bobby signed.
                    Bobby Webster could be great, but he could also turn out to be the FVV of GMs, i.e., we have no idea if he can run a team without elite talent to bail him out.

Comment

Bobby Webster could be great, but he could also turn out to be the FVV of GMs, i.e., we have no idea if he can run a team without elite talent to bail him out.
                      lowkey that's Masai

Comment

lowkey that's Masai

Comment

• Torontos as good a place as any for a platform for his work. And if teachers pensions can be owners why not masai. I think hes gonna want to get this team out of the mud and at the top again. It would kinda look bad if he left now

Comment

• Nah, Masai took his swings at re-signing Kawhi then at Giannis and he whiffed and it cost the team some lost opportunity. Some of you guys who are now blaming Masai for a middling team are glossing over his two attempts in the last two years to get top 5 players here. Those attempts came with a cost.

He could have played it safe, secured more talent (but not top 30 talent), but he swung for the fences and here we are. Presumably working their way back to the plate for the next swing.

I won't even bother speculating what he does next, I have no idea.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Nah, Masai took his swings at re-signing Kawhi then at Giannis and he whiffed and it cost the team some lost opportunity. Some of you guys who are now blaming Masai for a middling team are glossing over his two attempts in the last two years to get top 5 players here. Those attempts came with a cost.

He could have played it safe, secured more talent (but not top 30 talent), but he swung for the fences and here we are. Presumably working their way back to the plate for the next swing.

I won't even bother speculating what he does next, I have no idea.
                              This is why I was all in on the idea of trading for Paul George and even Westbrook to entice Kawhi to stay.
                              Even if Kawhi decided to leave, PG and Westbrook would have been really good trade pieces. A lot better than what we have now.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This is why I was all in on the idea of trading for Paul George and even Westbrook to entice Kawhi to stay.
                                Even if Kawhi decided to leave, PG and Westbrook would have been really good trade pieces. A lot better than what we have now.
                                ya westbrook netted the NBA's worst asset of the last half decade or so, plus a heavily protected pick. ka-ching!

just think of what PG could get fetch if he has another bubble performance with 4 years and $190 000 000 left on his deal.

should be sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X