Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I didn't say he's never faced criticism before. It's the first real time since the chip and the idea that he can do no wrong is changing.
    Bringing Giannis here would have cemented him as a small g basketball god in Toronto. Now he just has to build this back into a serious ECF or finals contender which I don't think they are except in an anything-can-happen NBA way.

And I don't think he was really criticized over DD or Casey, most fans knew it had to happen and almost everyone recognized that he had even given them one year longer to try try again. DD for Kawhi especially was understood as too bad but 100% understandable, you do that 100X out of 100 regardless of the outcome. Still, he was uber fortunate it worked out.
    There is no scenario where Masai would be viewed as anything less than the ideal GM/President. A few losses now does not change that.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Well, if MLSE isn't open to giving an ownership stake, and Seattle is offering founder level equity in a new franchise, then that's definitely a new level for Masai.
      More money wasn't the bigger things I was talking about. I mean, it's possible, anything is.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

There is no scenario where Masai would be viewed as anything less than the ideal GM/President. A few losses now does not change that.
        So never made a mistake and is above all question/criticism? Doesn't exist ....

Comment

I think a lot of teams still see it as upgrade
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

On the scale of NBA GMs? Yes! He has a job for life in this league if he wants it pretty much no matter what he does from this point on.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Colangelo got a job after the mess he made in Toronto. Even with the mistakes Masai made, the positive impact he has made far outweighs the negatives.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I think a lot of teams still see it as upgrade
                Absolutely
                100%
                All I said is he's open to some low key questions/criticism for the moves and lack thereof this year, starting with Bobby and his contracts. Let's see what he does when the trade lanes open up.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Colangelo got a job after the mess he made in Toronto. Even with the mistakes Masai made, the positive impact he has made far outweighs the negatives.
                  Of course, I'm not sure who ever would say otherwise.

Comment

Absolutely
                    100%
                    All I said is he's open to some low key questions/criticism for the moves and lack thereof this year, starting with Bobby and his contracts. Let's see what he does when the trade lanes open up.
                    He has his critics.. and he was criticized heavily for the DeMar trade. Many "fans" didn't think Kawhi would show up to camp. I mean that was a 50/50 split when the trade went down and DeMar's feelings were hurt.

And I do see that a lot of fans are upset that Lowry has not been traded yet, and the team hasn't taken a step back on purpose. If he stands pat (which he's known to do) he'll get even more venom thrown his way.

Comment

• Wizards are in hot pursuit of Masai again.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...ington-wizards

I'm possibly the biggest Masai supporter on this board, but FFS man, you're in or you're out. So much uncertainty already hanging over the team this year, but that would all pale in comparison to having the guy at the top not being committed to the cause.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Wizards are in hot pursuit of Masai again.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...ington-wizards

I'm possibly the biggest Masai supporter on this board, but FFS man, you're in or you're out. So much uncertainty already hanging over the team this year, but that would all pale in comparison to having the guy at the top not being committed to the cause.
                        If this is true, why not just trade him to the Wiz for Beal?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Or let Masai sign with the Wiz, he can trade us Beal for a bucket of deflated balls and then come back

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Why would Washington do that when they can just sign him this offseason and have Ujiri and Beal?

Comment

• Bobby is back. Somewhat comforting/discomforting words on Masai from Woj

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Bobby is back. Somewhat comforting/discomforting words on Masai from Woj

Congrats to Bobby. Not surprised about Masai. He is one of the best executives in the league, he'll use it to his advantage and negotiate for a better contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X