Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Masai spoke to my company where I work.. it was an interview with him. The subject was diversity and inclusion. He's a great speaker. But when a Q&A session came up with the audience later in the session, the pressing one was if he was coming back. And it was phrased like, we hope he came back to Toronto.. and he answered with "I really hope so as well". This isn't a sign of a guy wanting to leave. It's more that a negotiation never started.

And that's on MLSE. If Tim was still their CEO the deal would have been done the day after the parade.

Who's the current MLSE CEO, because he's an idiot.
    Larry Tanenbaum (chairman) Michael Friisdahl (president & CEO)

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Larry Tanenbaum (chairman) Michael Friisdahl (president & CEO)
      Tanenbaum is a minority stakeholder.. how come this Friisdahl guys isn't talking? He's the guy that has to pony up the cash and close this deal. Man I miss Leiweke.

Comment

Tanenbaum is a minority stakeholder.. how come this Friisdahl guys isn't talking? He's the guy that has to pony up the cash and close this deal. Man I miss Leiweke.
        Because nobody knows him and MLSE likes it that way. Tanenbaum was the last one to speak to Masai's issue that I know of and he loves the limelight.

Comment

Masai spoke to my company where I work.. it was an interview with him. The subject was diversity and inclusion. He's a great speaker. But when a Q&A session came up with the audience later in the session, the pressing one was if he was coming back. And it was phrased like, we hope he came back to Toronto.. and he answered with "I really hope so as well". This isn't a sign of a guy wanting to leave. It's more that a negotiation never started.

And that's on MLSE. If Tim was still their CEO the deal would have been done the day after the parade.

Who's the current MLSE CEO, because he's an idiot.
          Exactly - that was the perfect time to do it. I really hope that MLSE isn't back to their former penny-pinching ways.

Comment

• Losing Masai would be a waaaaay bigger blow then losing Kawhi. Mlse just pay the man give him a 1 % ownership stake too if he wants it. Damm he made you a top 10 Nba franchise from a laughing stock
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Keeping Masai has a lot more benefits than letting him go and saving some cash for MLSE

Comment

He rarely speaks publicly at all on anything, which is clearly a very calculated departure from the prior CEOs who too often ended up looking like they were meddling in the sports teams affairs (Peddie) or going wildly off script (Leiweke).

It isn't even clear how much say he would have in Ujiri's negotiations or whether that is largely left up to LT to handle and then get sign off from the Bell/Rogers guys. None of us knows what is going on internally - we only see and hear what they want us to and everyone should keep that in mind.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Credit should go to every single person that got a ring on their finger. Period.
                  And some that didn't get their ring

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Does this help anyone? The guy right below Masai isn't worrying.

But...as a true Raptor fan I saw that has "we know he will always have the Raptors in his heart and whether he stays or goes is a non issue because he has set them up well". Save me.

Comment

• Masai Ujiri says his conversations with ownership about what he wants to see change in Toronto will determine whether he decides to return to the Raptors next season.
                      Interesting

Comment

• That presser was awesome, Masai is a goddamn force.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Presser notes from Tim Bontemps and Blake Murphy. More stuff if you click on Blake Murphy's link...

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Interesting
                            Masai Ujiri: Look at my track record. Together we can turn this organization into a global brand and make billions!
                            Canadian Owner: Well, that's very interesting. Let us think about that, you know, we'll need detailed plans and a risk analyisis and we should probably find some global consultants and, well, this COVID thing, maybe we should wait until that blows over and we can do better projections. Check with our government contacts and better get league sign off cause we don't want to step on any toes and.....

Masai Ujiri: Look at my track record. Together we can turn this organization into a global brand and make billions!
                            US Owner: Fuck yeah!

Comment

• Worship at the church of Masai

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Masai at the presser like

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X