No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only Masai could have us thinking after finishing the season with the 7th worse record, that in only a short amount of time we will be the New York Yankees and Barcelona. Sign this mother fucker already!
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Not sure if there are any soccer fans here but here's another example. Man City's a powerhouse right? they're like one of the best teams in Europe the last 10 years or so. Arsenal on the other hand haven't been relevant since the early 2000's. Who have the bigger brand, Man City or Arsenal?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Is this Masai trying to address the Chris Bosh complaint that NBA players have to go through customs with a lot of jewelry on? lol.

I wonder if Masai is trying to get MLSE to commit to lobbying the Canadian government on a host of issues that have been complaints from elite free agents as reasons not to play in Canada.

If there's anybody who can fix the weather....

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Not sure if there are any soccer fans here but here's another example. Man City's a powerhouse right? they're like one of the best teams in Europe the last 10 years or so. Arsenal on the other hand haven't been relevant since the early 2000's. Who have the bigger brand, Man City or Arsenal?
            Im not a soccer fan but I know who Arsenal is (they are the bad team like Knicks before this season right lol)
            Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed May 19, 2021, 01:12 PM.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Is this Masai trying to address the Chris Bosh complaint that NBA players have to go through customs with a lot of jewelry on? lol.

I wonder if Masai is trying to get MLSE to commit to lobbying the Canadian government on a host of issues that have been complaints from elite free agents as reasons not to play in Canada.

I read it as a shot at the NBA. You listen to Danny Green talk about how he had never seen a good team not get any calls until he played in Toronto and extrapolate to what it must be like with everything else.

Comment

• Facebook is absolute cancer. I'm back on it for necessity but remember why I deactivated it. Amongst the comments on the Toronto Raptors page for masais presser:

-hes going to the knicks
                -he rode kawhis coattails now hes looking for a payday
                and perhaps my favorite
                -canada doesnt want you, liberal sellout
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It must be frustrating in his position to still not attract a high profile free agent.

Especially with all the great things he has done to showcase the franchise to name a few...

- New world class practice facility
                  - Hosting the All Star Game
                  - Winning a Championship

some things however he cannot control

He sounded exasperated and exhausted of the situation but that drive is still there and is still admirable
                  Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed May 19, 2021, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I read it as a shot at the NBA. You listen to Danny Green talk about how he had never seen a good team not get any calls until he played in Toronto and extrapolate to what it must be like with everything else.
                    Blake tweet mentioned "logistics" so I assumed it had something to do with travel. The other issue that comes up is Canadian taxes.... and I doubt the Liberals would give any flexibility to millionaires on that one.

A lot of the branding will still come down to having a winning team and a popular superstar on the roster. Imagine dropping prime Vince Carter on this team? I remember being in remote places in Eastern Europe when it was starting to open up, circa 1999-2000, and people knew who VC was and that he played for Toronto. That was surprising. That's global recognition without even trying.

Lakers have built their reputation on decades of championship teams and uber-charismatic players like Magic, Shaq & Kobe. FVV and Siakam are nice guys, but c'mon.

Comment

Blake tweet mentioned "logistics" so I assumed it had something to do with travel. The other issue that comes up is Canadian taxes.... and I doubt the Liberals would give any flexibility to millionaires on that one.

A lot of the branding will still come down to having a winning team and a popular superstar on the roster. Imagine dropping prime Vince Carter on this team? I remember being in remote places in Eastern Europe when it was starting to open up, circa 1999-2000, and people knew who VC was and that he played for Toronto. That was surprising. That's global recognition without even trying.

Lakers have built their reputation on decades of championship teams and uber-charismatic players like Magic, Shaq & Kobe. FVV and Siakam are nice guys, but c'mon.
                      Setting aside all the negative stuff during his later years as a Raptor but Vince made it happen for this franchise globally. VC’s reach outside the confines of the City and Country was phenomenal.

Kawhi and Toronto’s Championship almost reached that point but that was short lived.

Why I cant blame him to prepare the landscape for a potential Giannis welcoming party.

Now you see in his eyes the remnants of disappointment after that high he got after the Championship but followed by Kawhi leaving and Giannis deciding to stay in Milwaukee

MLSE should work double time to convince him to stay.

Comment

Not sure if there are any soccer fans here but here's another example. Man City's a powerhouse right? they're like one of the best teams in Europe the last 10 years or so. Arsenal on the other hand haven't been relevant since the early 2000's. Who have the bigger brand, Man City or Arsenal?
                        the newer generation, Man city is bigger, old heads maybe say Arsenal

Comment

Raptors need a long term superstar that people globally would watch and could remain a contender for multiple years. Vince was electrifying and a global superstar, its unfortunate he played on the Raptors when the front office sucked. Apparently Vince almost recruited Shaq into joining the Raptors, thats the type of impact he had.

Kawhi was also a superstar that Toronto loved, but his stay was too short too have any sort of global impact.

How do we get that superstar? Thats up to Masai and he is damn good at his job, so all we can do is hope he stays and does bring the Raptors to that level.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post

the newer generation, Man city is bigger, old heads maybe say Arsenal
                            I'm not an old head and I still think Arsenal is a much bigger brand than Citeh globally.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Also kinda thinking that the talking up the logistics, stuff about NBA only having 1 team in canada so they need to deal with the issues that cause is Masai starting to put pressure on the NBA and Canadian Gov to get together on playing in Canada next year. We already had to throw away a season playing away from home. This year everyone had to deal with weird stuff but if we cant play in T.O next year while the rest of the league has full capacity stadiums at home markets then we are really getting fucked
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I'm not an old head and I still think Arsenal is a much bigger brand than Citeh globally.
                                in what ways do you think Arsenal is bigger? maybe city suffers from the clippers syndrome, where no matter how good they are, will not over shadow man United

Comment

Working...
                                X