that'll be tough
    Raise cell phone rates again.
    Done....

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

that'll be tough

If you're gonna dream...... Dream Big:

Comment

• From listening to the presser, I got a feeling he may not be back. He mentioned outside interests and future ambitions and such, I’m not worried about losing him to another team per say but a different opportunity to make change.

Losing Masai will be a huge blow. I have so much respect for the man he is and view him as a inspiration. I hope he comes back, because it’s awesome cheering for a team that has this kind of leadership, not only in basketball but for important global
        issues.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          From listening to the presser, I got a feeling he may not be back. He mentioned outside interests and future ambitions and such, I’m not worried about losing him to another team per say but a different opportunity to make change.

Losing Masai will be a huge blow. I have so much respect for the man he is and view him as a inspiration. I hope he comes back, because it’s awesome cheering for a team that has this kind of leadership, not only in basketball but for important global
          issues.
          I read it as he wants MLSE to agree to some more stuff (besides a blank cheque) and he'll be back.
          Next to zero chance they let him walk.

Less clear to me is if Masai wants to bring Kyle back or thinks it's best for the club all things considered, budget, development etc
          Last edited by G__Deane; Thu May 20, 2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I read it as he wants MLSE to agree to some more stuff (besides a blank cheque) and he'll be back.

Less clear to me is if Masai wants to bring Kyle .back or thinks it's best for the club all things considered, budget, development etc
            Judging by Lowry's quotes and Masai's quotes.... I'm handicapping it at like 80% Lowry is gone to chase money, just like DWade leaving the Heat for the Bulls.

Lowry repeatedly referred to the Raptors organization as "it" and "they" instead of "we" when he talked about his and our future. He said the franchise was "in good hands". Sounded kind of like a sign-off to me.

And Masai never reveals anything about anything, yet he brought up the idea of freeing up minutes for developing the young players, totally un-prompted, when he was asked about re-signing Lowry. That's a clue right there.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And Masai never reveals anything about anything, yet he brought up the idea of freeing up minutes for developing the young players, totally un-prompted, when he was asked about re-signing Lowry. That's a clue right there.
              Yep Masai gave it up yesterday. I'd love to have Kyle back but if they bring him back then they gotta trade FVV. Bottomline is hey need to open up playing time for Flynn, Trent and Jalen Green It won't happen if both are back.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Less clear to me is if Masai wants to bring Kyle back or thinks it's best for the club all things considered, budget, development etc
                I suspect Masai would love to bring Kyle back, but like me would draw a hard line on term, so if Lowry gets a longer term offer elsewhere (that the Raps short term offer doesn't out-value), Masai is probably just laying the groundwork for moving on in that case. Similarly, if Lowry wants to go somewhere that has a sign and trade offer too good to refuse, same idea.

Also, if they are lucky enough to get into the top 4 and end up with a guard, that really could drive them to open up a spot in the rotation, and Lowry is obviously the easiest move (though not the only option of course).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Judging by Lowry's quotes and Masai's quotes.... I'm handicapping it at like 80% Lowry is gone to chase money, just like DWade leaving the Heat for the Bulls.

Lowry repeatedly referred to the Raptors organization as "it" and "they" instead of "we" when he talked about his and our future. He said the franchise was "in good hands". Sounded kind of like a sign-off to me.

Lowry has always referred to the Raps front office in that way when approaching FA (and often even when not doing so). We can take it as a clue if we like, but that just means its been a very misleading clue in the past.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Masai as usual wasn't clear on anything he has no control over. He has no control over Lowry. If he has a hard line figure for Lowry and Lowry walks, but Masai indicated he will bring Kyle back, it looks bad on him. Same with his contract (it's up to MLSE). Or the draft (if they get top 4 vs 8, 9 or 10 the guy they pick can be BPA or best fit - it depends).

Everything Masai said though hinted at him coming back. I'm 99.999995% sure he's back, and saving that 0.000005% chance that MLSE blows it. He's not Kawhi. He is leveraging his contract situation to help the Raptors not hurt them IMO. He could be forcing MLSE to help pony up things for the Raptors to have more success.. and he's using his contract negotiation as leverage for that to happen. And if that's true.. this is awesome.

As for Kyle, I do think there is a 50/50 situation there. Just like his previous free agencies.. he's going to look out for himself. But at his age, his desired contract (both money and terms) and situation (he'll probably want to play for a good team and not a bad team) his options will be limited. And S&T's are more difficult because it requires 3 parties to be on the same page, not just 1 or 2.

I think Kyle comes back though. Miami is the only team with cap space, but they like guys like Dragic and Iggy who probably won't retire yet. And I'm not sure they will want to go old with Lowry when they still have a few years with Butler at his prime. Philly/LAL/LAC will need S&T's and that requires meeting Masai's terms which may not be agreed to. Lowry probably comes back and maybe Masai flips him in a year or two. That's the win-win move for both parties IMO.

But I could be reading this entirely wrong. It happened with Kawhi and I'm still here

Comment

• I’m glad your optimistic!

The tearing up when asked about Kyle’s, Fred’s and Nurse’s comments about him leads me to believe he may be on his way out. Almost like he’s feels like he’s going to disappoint them or miss them.

I think what he may be asking MLSE for might be too steep of a price or too much of an ask.

Hopefully I’m wrong, it could just be my Raptor pessimism getting in the way.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Masai as usual wasn't clear on anything he has no control over. He has no control over Lowry. If he has a hard line figure for Lowry and Lowry walks, but Masai indicated he will bring Kyle back, it looks bad on him. Same with his contract (it's up to MLSE). Or the draft (if they get top 4 vs 8, 9 or 10 the guy they pick can be BPA or best fit - it depends).

Everything Masai said though hinted at him coming back. I'm 99.999995% sure he's back, and saving that 0.000005% chance that MLSE blows it. He's not Kawhi. He is leveraging his contract situation to help the Raptors not hurt them IMO. He could be forcing MLSE to help pony up things for the Raptors to have more success.. and he's using his contract negotiation as leverage for that to happen. And if that's true.. this is awesome.

As for Kyle, I do think there is a 50/50 situation there. Just like his previous free agencies.. he's going to look out for himself. But at his age, his desired contract (both money and terms) and situation (he'll probably want to play for a good team and not a bad team) his options will be limited. And S&T's are more difficult because it requires 3 parties to be on the same page, not just 1 or 2.

I think Kyle comes back though. Miami is the only team with cap space, but they like guys like Dragic and Iggy who probably won't retire yet. And I'm not sure they will want to go old with Lowry when they still have a few years with Butler at his prime. Philly/LAL/LAC will need S&T's and that requires meeting Masai's terms which may not be agreed to. Lowry probably comes back and maybe Masai flips him in a year or two. That's the win-win move for both parties IMO.

But I could be reading this entirely wrong. It happened with Kawhi and I'm still here
                        Odds are, there's no return in a year or two .... No win-win. This is Lowry's last ~2 years as a ~productive player.
                        Or not

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          I’m glad your optimistic!

The tearing up when asked about Kyle’s, Fred’s and Nurse’s comments about him leads me to believe he may be on his way out. Almost like he’s feels like he’s going to disappoint them or miss them.

I think what he may be asking MLSE for might be too steep of a price or too much of an ask.

Hopefully I’m wrong, it could just be my Raptor pessimism getting in the way.
                          If you're pessimistic.....all is lost!

Comment

• a nice article but not necessarily a manifesto. In a perfect world we would have heard that he re signed before he went to Africa but then again, that’s where he’s done some of his best work

Comment

• I haven't read the article yet. Does he define "investment" vs "charity" or is it semantics?

Comment

I haven't read the article yet. Does he define "investment" vs "charity" or is it semantics?
                                read the article lol
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X