Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    if Masai wanted to leave to another franchise he's not doing a good job of it. It's a draft coming up and free agency. Franchises want their office matters settled way before then so preparations can start. If he just leaves now. His new office is going to come in scrambling.
    Terribly complicated when the franchise you're eyeing for is still WIP ie Seattle
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Sun Jun 27, 2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      if Masai wanted to leave to another franchise he's not doing a good job of it. It's a draft coming up and free agency. Franchises want their office matters settled way before then so preparations can start. If he just leaves now. His new office is going to come in scrambling.
      I'd say if he knew he was going to leave, he would have said it by now, the end of his contract is coming up. On the flip side, he would have also said something if he was going to stay as well. Tough to tell whats going on.

He was also spotted at the draft combine in a Kuminga workout video.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I'd say if he knew he was going to leave, he would have said it by now, the end of his contract is coming up. On the flip side, he would have also said something if he was going to stay as well. Tough to tell whats going on.

He was also spotted at the draft combine in a Kuminga workout video.
        Where’s the helicopter view?!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Where’s the helicopter view?!
          Possible Masai sighting on Lake Ontario

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Possible Masai sighting on Lake Ontario

Lol
            Haunting flashbacks of Kawhi watch incoming.

Comment

• Happy July 1st..B%#$%
              I'm Free Agent..Cold Blooded!!!

P.S

I cannot believe we're at this stage and nothing has happened..wtf..
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                Happy July 1st..B%#$%
                I'm Free Agent..Cold Blooded!!!

P.S

I cannot believe we're at this stage and nothing has happened..wtf..
                His contract didn't end yesterday.. it will end when the new season starts which is the first day of free agency or August 2. So we probably won't hear anything until after the draft, which is on July 29.

Comment

• Well if he was leaving you would think he'd want to be part of whichever team he was leaving for off season. The fact he's still here is a good sign right?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Well if he was leaving you would think he'd want to be part of whichever team he was leaving for off season. The fact he's still here is a good sign right?
                    Yeah.. there are two positive signs for me anyway.

1. He got all his guys extended. If he was going somewhere else, he'd take his team with him.. not give them all new contracts.
                    2. He's here working on the draft. Was scene recently at the combine watching Kuminga work out. If he was leaving, why help the Raptors with their draft pick?

My theory is that he's verbally committed to coming back, and they are just working on the fine print stuff before he signs on the dotted line. But I'd be pretty shocked if he actually left the team.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah.. there are two positive signs for me anyway.

1. He got all his guys extended. If he was going somewhere else, he'd take his team with him.. not give them all new contracts.
                      2. He's here working on the draft. Was scene recently at the combine watching Kuminga work out. If he was leaving, why help the Raptors with their draft pick?

My theory is that he's verbally committed to coming back, and they are just working on the fine print stuff before he signs on the dotted line. But I'd be pretty shocked if he actually left the team.
                      #1 isn't that big of deal. If he was running the team and not giving people contracts in order to move them with him that would be a serious ethical breach and likely a contractual one as well. That's the kind of think that gets you in serious trouble.

#2 is the bigger issue. If he was leaving, especially for another job, I doubt the organization would want him around with his access.

Comment

• Happy Birthday boss man!

Comment

• FWIW

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...-sign-raptors/

Comment

• It's a Grange article so always have to take anything he says with a grain of salt. But yeah this is what I figured all along. Masai is just trying to get every t crossed and i dotted, before he signs.. and he's not giving an inch... nor should he.

Hopefully MLSE just gives him what he wants. He deserves it.

Favourite quote of the piece:

“He was acting like the president of the Raptors at the combine and on a mission to win another title,” said another.

Comment

• Masai Ujiru hasn't signed yet and draft, free agency is upon us, honestly wtf..If I'm free agent the first thing I ask is why isn't Masai signed and if he staying, bc he is part of selling 2 these free agents, if his not there and I'm free agent, no masai, no thank u. Me thinks, his not coming back, why drag this process, MLSE are giving the keys 2 the kingdom and your disrespecting them and the fans, make a decision. I don't get..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                Masai Ujiru hasn't signed yet and draft, free agency is upon us, honestly wtf..If I'm free agent the first thing I ask is why isn't Masai signed and if he staying, bc he is part of selling 2 these free agents, if his not there and I'm free agent, no masai, no thank u. Me thinks, his not coming back, why drag this process, MLSE are giving the keys 2 the kingdom and your disrespecting them and the fans, make a decision. I don't get..
                                I believe I read somewhere due to the messed up season (Covid and whatnot), executive contracts extended until the last day of July. If we roll into August with no announcement I will start to worry a bit, but if he was leaving I feel we would have heard something right now. It's just been business as usual, which leads to to believe it's just a matter of ironing out the finer details and making sure MLSE commits to enough of Masai's wants and needs before they announce his new deal

Comment

Working...
                                X