• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor GTjr never gets mentioned lol

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Poor GTjr never gets mentioned lol
      He got $56M from the Raptors.. I think he'll be fine.

Comment

• He said " we aren't going to cry cause players aren't coming here " is he admitting what we thought . We aren't a destination point and even after winning .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          He said " we aren't going to cry cause players aren't coming here " is he admitting what we thought . We aren't a destination point and even after winning .
          yeah I think reality of situation finally hit. Our path to championship is trades and internal development. Lebron is not walking through that door.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• We’ve been thru this. Theres about 6 teams players like in general. We’re not far behind that group. We might be near the top for africans (who im guessing will be 20% of the league soon) europeans and Canadians. Not bad

Comment

• Giannis went back to Milwaukee, quite possibly the worst city in the NBA. If they hadn't made moves to make him happy I think there was an excellent chance he was coming here.

There weren't any other good free agents moving around to get upset about. Let's get back to making noise in the playoffs and see what happens next time we have cap space.

Comment

• Seen Masai presser today I got a question for raptors media that’s on here…

I am not trying to be disrespectful but your questions are Shit! Masai was physically irritated by the weak ass questions.

the questions you guys ask make our city look weak.

I been many parts of the states and one theme across the country is no matter where u go they don’t sound weak

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                  He said " we aren't going to cry cause players aren't coming here " is he admitting what we thought . We aren't a destination point and even after winning .
                  Who are these players? This is what I don't understand about people complaining about the Raptors not signing any UFA this year. There weren't any good free agents this year. Holmes? is he really going to move the needle?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...aking-history/

He’s been given the keys to the kingdom – or he’s earned them. Multiple sources have confirmed that there’s no ownership arrangement but in addition to a salary believed to be in the $15 million range, there is likely some ‘equity-like' elements to the deal. According to executive compensation experts that could mean Ujiri earning bonuses based on revenues or even participating in the growth in the valuation of the company over the course of his deal. Given the revenues MLSE has enjoyed, not to mention the trajectory of NBA franchise values – $2 billion and climbing, even at the low end – Ujiri is in position to be richly rewarded.
                    Is that Riley money? Good for MLSE in doing the right thing here.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Who are these players? This is what I don't understand about people complaining about the Raptors not signing any UFA this year. There weren't any good free agents this year. Holmes? is he really going to move the needle?
                      Giannis

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Thing is to attract star players you need a star yourself that players might want to play with. That would have been Kawhi but he was a special case where wherever he was, he was only going to pick between the two teams in LA.

Maybe Scottie could be that guy, he definitely has the personality for it. He, Cade, Suggs, Green are all close friends. Fortunately the teams those 3 play for don't have great management so who knows what happens in the future.
                        Last edited by A.I; Thu Aug 19, 2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Maybe Scottie could be that guy, he definitely has the personality for it. He, Cade, Suggs, Green are all close friends. Fortunately the teams those 3 play for don't have great management so who knows what happens in the future.
                          Cade plays enough games against Toronto in Detroit and sees how they're basically just Raptors’ home games, maybe he'll make the switch. 😎

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Thing is to attract star players you need a star yourself that players might want to play with. That would have been Kawhi but he was a special case where wherever he was, he was only going to pick between the two teams in LA.

DeRozan said he tried to recruit other stars to come to Toronto. Then we had that all-star game where it was freakishly cold (like -1000C below) and that scared everybody off. lol.

Lowry went out of his way to make it clear that he "never recruits" anybody or even tries to convince current teammates to stay.

Comment

• I think this retool will be telling... if we have a one or two year blip and then get right into the mix again, players will take notice. We already are changing our identity as a wining organization but I think if they see a new generation of talent leading us to the top of the East it will cement us as the Spurs of the East.

Not to say that we will be the premier destination for the superstars... we'll still have to trade for them, but the second tier guys will make their way.

As a fan, I don't really care because our front office knows how to get us there without FA being a main tool.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Cade plays enough games against Toronto in Detroit and sees how they're basically just Raptors’ home games, maybe he'll make the switch. 😎
                                Part of me hopes that when inevitably Cleveland fucks up Mobley's development, that Masai is there to scoop him.

Comment

Working...
                                X