Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

Part of me hopes that when inevitably Cleveland fucks up Mobley's development, that Masai is there to scoop him.
    Barnes will be our Lebron, who will recruit Mobley (Bosh) and Suggs (Wade) to Toronto. Green is Carmelo Anthony, who will put up big numbers, but never win a chip. Not sure who Cade is... Darko? lol.

Comment

• We won free agency because we locked this guy up!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        We won free agency because we locked this guy up!

Masai is the best head of sports operations I've ever seen in my lifetime, any sport. No homer.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://www.thestar.com/business/202...es-say.html?rf

This is an insane story. I was never too worried about Masai coming back, but I clearly didn't take into account the famous Rogers incompetence.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            https://www.thestar.com/business/202...es-say.html?rf

This is an insane story. I was never too worried about Masai coming back, but I clearly didn't take into account the famous Rogers incompetence.
            I saw this come up on my phone this morning. Feels like an episode of Succession. Glad MLSE is not just owned by Rogers.

Comment

I saw this come up on my phone this morning. Feels like an episode of Succession. Glad MLSE is not just owned by Rogers.
              Would you mind doing a snip&paste of the piece ... it's a locked item on the site. Thks.

Comment

And the irony that Rogers is timing this to promote the new season of Succession which is on Bell owned Crave.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Would you mind doing a snip&paste of the piece ... it's a locked item on the site. Thks.
                  I don't have access to the article either directly as I just saw the headline come up on my phone. I PM'ed you a link to the article that can be read outside a paywall.

Comment

• Here is a snippet:

Other sports franchises from around the world were chasing Ujiri, according to an NBA source. One NBA team’s offer included a three-per-cent ownership stake along with a salary that eclipsed the $15 million per year deal he ultimately struck with MLSE. Teams in the English Premier League — soccer’s top domestic league — also made entreaties to Ujiri, an NBA Executive of the Year winner.

Tanenbaum and Bell were ready to lock Ujiri down, but, according to two sources close to the MLSE board, Edward Rogers was the holdout.

He told his partners he felt the compensation was too high, and, according to the MLSE sources and a source close to the NBA, Rogers was convinced the Raptors could be managed without Ujiri’s help by existing general manager Bobby Webster.
                    Was that team offering 3% ownership stake Washington? Interesting that a Soccer team was interested in poaching him as well.

Thank god for Tanenbaum.

Comment

Here is a snippet:

Was that team offering 3% ownership stake Washington? Interesting that a Soccer team was interested in poaching him as well.

Thank god for Tanenbaum.

Wonder if Ed Rogers does any self critiquing about that insane tv contract he probably signed off on with the NHL which probably directly led to letting go many of their employees and diminished bottom line. How much did winning a championship add to the Rogers brand? And how about 'em Leafs? He wouldn't have dared try to pull that play if it was a successful Leafs head-man.

Comment

• Fuck Ed Rogers

Comment

• LOL. There was a reason the old man didn't put Ed in charge and a reason Guy Laurence pushed Ed and Melinda out when he took over.

Ed learned nothing from when he tried to replace Beeston. Calling Reinsdorf for permission to talk to Kenny Williams when Reinsdorf and Beeston were old friends. The reaching out to Williams anyway when he didn't get permission (i.e. tampering). Then Ed goes to the New York Yankees for help!!! Then he basically tried to strong-arm the Orioles into letting the Jays sign Duquette, which was another disaster cause he was tampering again. Then he fucked up the Anthopoulous negotiations cause his ego got in the way.

I guess now we know why the whole thing took so long.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Wonder if Ed Rogers does any self critiquing about that insane tv contract he probably signed off on with the NHL which probably directly led to letting go many of their employees and diminished bottom line. How much did winning a championship add to the Rogers brand? And how about 'em Leafs? He wouldn't have dared try to pull that play if it was a successful Leafs head-man.
                            Rogers was the key proponent of the NHL deal along with Keith Pelley. Mohamed wanted nothing to do with it but he was on the way out at the time.

Comment

• Hilarious that this guy thought Ujiri was over paid. Look in the freaking mirror dude. You have no skills or talent and make way more than Ujiri.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Hilarious that this guy thought Ujiri was over paid. Look in the freaking mirror dude. You have no skills or talent and make way more than Ujiri.
                                Edward was once put in charge of the paging division at Rogers. That pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X