Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

One of the little discussed reasons why big market teams have an advantage in player recruitment is because lucrative endorsement contracts sometimes have bonuses for the player, depending upon which city he plays in. Given that the top players can make as much (and usually more) money from endorsements than their team salaries, it's a potentially significant financial incentive to move to a big market. There doesn't seem to be a way for the NBA to control this.

From the endorsement standpoint, since the Raptors' advertising market is 'all of Canada', you can argue that we are actually a big market. You have role players like OG, getting national commercial spots with a major brand (Gillette). You had Lowry getting bank endorsements.

But then are the issues of: taxes, weather, metric system, customs, jewelry, etc...
    I think we can all agree that taking it off at the airport is a pain....

And you forgot he complained about our cable
    Last edited by G____Deane; Fri May 12, 2023, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• first domino when team underperforms is firing a coach and next domino is...
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• This Clown should be Fired and let Bobby take over, he was the guy that brought and traded for Kawli, this guy has been collecting checks since 2019..I'm done with guy...I don't c the light at the end of tunnel with this guy, I'm done.
        When they Fired Nurse, should of Fired him 2, let him go 2 Washington...
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          This Clown should be Fired and let Bobby take over, he was the guy that brought and traded for Kawli, this guy has been collecting checks since 2019..I'm done with guy...I don't c the light at the end of tunnel with this guy, I'm done.
          When they Fired Nurse, should of Fired him 2, let him go 2 Washington...
          Masai has become too political.
          Politics and sports can never mix

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Masai has become too political.
            Politics and sports can never mix
            Kissing MLSE A@@...Taking care of him self..exactly..

Comment

• Is this guy ever gonna get serious and start doing his job, his always over seas, doing D^%%...

Comment

• After firing his winningest Coach and making him his scapegoat.

Masai should better do this right.

No more Half Ass moves post Championship

There should be a clear direction where this team is going.

Comment

• So Frank Vogel is going to take Montys job in Phoenix.
                  Another competent coach off the board.
                  As we just saw Spo run circles around Joe Mazulla... coaching does matter.
                  Yesterday our front office spent time at a thinly veiled political function.
                  Are the lights on over at 40 Bay ?
                  So far we have interviewed Becky Hammon and JJ Redick.
                  Wonder whose up next as the eclectic search for a new bench boss seems to have stalled out.
                  Dylan Mulvaney ?
                  Stephen A Smith ?
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    So Frank Vogel is going to take Montys job in Phoenix.
                    Wonder whose up next as the eclectic search for a new bench boss seems to have stalled out.
                    Dylan Mulvaney ?
                    Stephen A Smith ?
                    I must have missed it, what was the "thinly veiled political function"?

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I must have missed it, what was the "thinly veiled political function"?
                      Trudeau photo op.

Comment

Dylan Mulvaney ?
                        Stephen A Smith ?
                        I continue to believe the simplest explanation is that the person they've decided on is still coaching in the playoffs.

Comment

• My guess is Sergio and he's still coaching in the Euro playoffs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I continue to believe the simplest explanation is that the person they've decided on is still coaching in the playoffs.
                            I think it might be the assistant from Denver. Or I just hope it's someone that can help the Raps run the offense through Scottie the way Denver does with Jokic.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think it might be the assistant from Denver. Or I just hope it's someone that can help the Raps run the offense through Scottie the way Denver does with Jokic.
                              Mike Brown did get the job with the Kings while still coaching in the finals last year with the Warriors. So there is some precedence where a coach was named while still working.

But also remember Sergio is still coaching right now. A quick google search and I can see his team is playing right at the moment. They are down 30-24 in the 2nd quarter.. but their team is up 2-0 (best of 7). They are in the semi's.

Comment

Dylan Mulvaney ?
                                Stephen A Smith ?
                                I wanted nothing to do with Vogel or Monty so that's a win in my eyes, not a loss.

We didn't even interview Becky. We did Reddick but he's not in the running.

You conveniently left out all the great candidates we actually DID interview.

Guess you're just trying to get as mad as possible by ignoring the actual coaching search and what's being reported daily.

We are doing the final round of interviews this weekend, so will have our new coach very soon, and here are the actual contenders.

Sergio Scariolo, Jordi Fernandez, Darko Rajakovic, David Adelman, and Chris Quinn.

Comment

Working...
                                X