X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G____Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yes I'm glad they didn't try to win this year and just pulled the plug.
    Well they did try until the plug was bascially pulled for them ....

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

I mean I prefer this year over last year.

The 48 win season was nice and basically why Masai said he gave those guys a chance last season.
    yes I'm glad they didn't try to win this year and just pulled the plug.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    2021-22: 48-34 record. Damn maybe we got something and we have ROTY we good
    2022-23: 41-41 record. Damn what a setback. Must be the coach. 48-34 must've been real deal
    2023-24:.....
    I mean I prefer this year over last year.

The 48 win season was nice and basically why Masai said he gave those guys a chance last season.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    2021-22: 48-34 record. Damn maybe we got something and we have ROTY we good
    2022-23: 41-41 record. Damn what a setback. Must be the coach. 48-34 must've been real deal
    2023-24:.....

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

I mean Pascal is the only he actually cried for.

He said he had a hard time telling Derozan he was getting traded, not he had a hard time trading him. Pretty big difference there.

He didn't even mention OG.
    The DD comment was only what you heard this week.
    *searches for video of Masai crying over DeRozen

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

But they're not doing either.
    If the players are going to take every dime they can from the highest bidder with winning and a great city as a distant second, then management needs to be dispassionate (not necessarily cuthroat) and make decisons for the betterment of the team alone, not personal history, relationships and where a player was born taking disproportionate attention.

This is where Masai is clearly divided in attention.
    Now I don't watch every media scrum from other markets, but I have never seen an NBA Executive consistantly cry so much at a trade annoucement....ever.
    I mean Pascal is the only he actually cried for.

He said he had a hard time telling Derozan he was getting traded, not he had a hard time trading him. Pretty big difference there.

He didn't even mention OG.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Guys, you can't expect the front office to be cutthroat or more willing to part with players or whatever it is, and at the same time expect the top players on your team or in the league to take pay cuts and give hometown discounts. It's a business and it goes both ways. The idea of players taking discounts for this team especially, is absurd. Milk the cow while the cow can milk.
    But they're not doing either.
    If the players are going to take every dime they can from the highest bidder with winning and a great city as a distant second, then management needs to be dispassionate (not necessarily cuthroat) and make decisons for the betterment of the team alone, not personal history, relationships and where a player was born taking disproportionate attention.

This is where Masai is clearly divided in attention.
    Now I don't watch every media scrum from other markets, but I have never seen an NBA Executive consistantly cry so much at a trade annoucement....ever.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

Masai blinked first
    Admittedly, Based on my previous posts that I honestly wanted the Siakam situation resolved immediately but I didn’t expect for Masai himself being pressured to have this done with still 22 more days to go before the deadline especially if there are still contenders out there who likely are more than willing to join the bidding war for Pascal.

He blinked first probably because Pascal expressed willingness to be traded to Indiana and just wanted it done before Pritchard changes his mind

Though he also blinked first because he could not squeezed out of Pritchard in giving him Jalen Smith or Nesmith.

Pritchard may just be ready if Masai could have just dragged this out for a bit, knowingly that Indiana would still be the final destination of Pascal

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    This was the biggest blunder that Masai Ujiri has done if this was true, I am sure it was because this was likely leaked out by the Sixers

the consequences of this were massive

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/76ers-wi...0the%20Nuggets.

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...for-kyle-lowry

Philadelphia is reportedly willing to move their 2020 first-round pick, Maxey, in a deal for Lowry, HoopsHype's Michael Scotto reported Tuesday.

The 76ers' 24-year-old Matisse Thybulle is believed to be the X-factor in any deal with the Raptors, Scotto reported, and could be moved elsewhere before Thursday's trade deadline.

planetmars wrote: View Post

Scotto is a guy you don't typically trust.

Either way Windhorst had debunked that one already. Masai wanted a big package, and it was Masai that wanted guys like Maxey, Thybulle and picks. But Morey wasn't going to give any of that up. His package was similar to what they ultimately gave up for George Hill which wasn't much.

Ultimately Masai wanted Lowry to make that decision first as he wasn't going to be traded as a rental but to commit long term with the team that took him so they could have his bird rights. Lowry called off the trades and then they revisted it in the summer with the Heat as that was the team he ultimately picked.
    it really doesn’t matter now but again we just don’t know who was telling the truth. Maxey at that time was still not a known player around the league. “A young prospect with potential”.

I am just saying however that if it was true and hindsight is 20/20, seeing Maxey ascension, then that was a massive failure by Masai.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Guys, you can't expect the front office to be cutthroat or more willing to part with players or whatever it is, and at the same time expect the top players on your team or in the league to take pay cuts and give hometown discounts. It's a business and it goes both ways. The idea of players taking discounts for this team especially, is absurd. Milk the cow while the cow can milk.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Money is always going to come before anything else for players though. Maybe the highest earning guys can leave some money on the table since they're making up for it with endorsements. Guys like Fred, OG and even Pascal will always want every dollar they can get as they should. The failure is for a team not to be prepared to give them every dollar their market dictates.

??????
    If players truly believed that this team can do something special they would've moved differently

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Masai gave them a chance and FVV, OG and Pascal didn't give him a chance. They chose money
    Money is always going to come before anything else for players though. Maybe the highest earning guys can leave some money on the table since they're making up for it with endorsements. Guys like Fred, OG and even Pascal will always want every dollar they can get as they should. The failure is for a team not to be prepared to give them every dollar their market dictates.

??????

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Just like Bosh had his mind made up and TMac didnt even give Grunwald a chance to make a pitch. I really hope Masai finally gets it. Hes been naive
    It's a business. The players get that. For some reason Masai doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

From what I read, Pascal was a little bit upset as no one talked to him last summer about his contract, so, in my opinion if this is the case, then he is right.
    On the other hand, can we get a player like Pascal for 42 M a year ?
    I hope you bring me some names, and believe it or not, the tax system in Canada has made many players run away from Toronto.
    well he's looking for 5 years 247 million a year

I rather sign nobody then sign Siakam for that money

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsVictim
    replied
    Masai gave them a chance and FVV, OG and Pascal didn't give him a chance. They chose money
    From what I read, Pascal was a little bit upset as no one talked to him last summer about his contract, so, in my opinion if this is the case, then he is right.
    On the other hand, can we get a player like Pascal for 42 M a year ?
    I hope you bring me some names, and believe it or not, the tax system in Canada has made many players run away from Toronto.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X