replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    This game will determine who wins MIP
    This is for allll the mippin' marbles

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. But I still want to see them blow this team out of the water.
    Yep send a message

Leave a comment:

replied
    I really hope we get 2nd overall seed ahead of the Warriors. If we make it to the Finals we’re going to need every possible edge, and homecourt would be a big one

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Kawhi playin tonite?
    I think he plays until game 82 where he sits. I laid out a schedule a couple weeks ago thinking hed sit in one of those nyk/chi games, and game 82. Otherwise hes ramping up. (He had a baby for the other missed game so doesn't count)

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Kawhi playin tonite?

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I think I'll always hate the Nets.
    I can see why.. yet .. I pull for these guys even though I have bet against them making it this year...
    They have cap space and a mid level draft pick...
    I may hate them like you do . .next year

Keep the faith brother

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I think I'll always hate the Nets.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Not sure who is .. or who isn't playing tonight.

In any event.. the Nets are a potential first round opponent for your Toronto Raptors as they are 1 of 4 teams who are scrapping for the remaining 3 playoff spots and the requisite seeding in the east. There is only 4 or 5 games left and you can bet the Nets will come out like a man possessed. .

The Raps in turn .. should respond with a rolled up newspaper smack on the bridge of the Nets noses....just to show them who is boss.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Meh, I don't think that the Raps have much riding on winning or losing here vis-à-vis the Nets. I do believe there are certain games and scenarios where winning in the regular season matters, which are usually in a situation where an up and coming team has lost to a favourite in the playoffs and is trying to knock them off. Those can absolutely be statement games. But the Raps will be clear favorites over the Nets and are a significantly better team - one late-season game doesn't change those dynamics.
    Basketball is a mind game, this is why Lebron has easily beaten the Raps for 3 straight years, you got to believe in yourself first.

Raps playoffs series against weaker opponents over the past 3 years in the first round have gone to 6 or 7 games which is pathetic for a top seed facing a bottom seed.

I need to see the Nets get whipped by a superior opponent. I don't want to hear anymore excuses why a first round opponent needs to be beaten in 6 or 7 games. The Warriors will annihilate their first round opponent in 4 games in the first round, that is a given. Is it too much to ask the Raps if they can beat the Nets in 5?!!

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Agreed. But I still want to see them blow this team out of the water.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    There is a very good chance the Raps will face the Nets in the first round.

This is why from a mental stand point, the Raptors need to beat this pesky team and beat them good just before the playoffs.
    Meh, I don't think that the Raps have much riding on winning or losing here vis-à-vis the Nets. I do believe there are certain games and scenarios where winning in the regular season matters, which are usually in a situation where an up and coming team has lost to a favourite in the playoffs and is trying to knock them off. Those can absolutely be statement games. But the Raps will be clear favorites over the Nets and are a significantly better team - one late-season game doesn't change those dynamics.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    This game will determine who wins MIP

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    There is a very good chance the Raps will face the Nets in the first round.

This is why from a mental stand point, the Raptors need to beat this pesky team and beat them good just before the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzz
    replied
    Game day. Better late than never.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    started a topic Raptors @ Nets Wednesday April 3rd 7:30pm on TSN

Raptors @ Nets Wednesday April 3rd 7:30pm on TSN

Raptors and the Nets.......

I don't know about you but I'm getting a bit tired of this Nets team. They're just annoying. They're not hateable like the C*#^tics. They're just like a sore that pops up every now and then
    There was that Jose Calderon pass that just missed getting to Chris Bosh for the potential game changing basket in the 2007 playoffs

There was sitting through a triple overtime game with a 6 hour time change in London, only to see the Raps lose 136-135 on Bo Outlaw free throws in 2011

This one still feels a bit too fresh. Nets troll us to get the 6-3 matchup and then Kyle's game 7 shot falls just short in 2014

Even this year (not unlike Orlando), if you asked me how we had done against them, I wouldn't have been surprised to hear 0-2 or 1-2 but we're actually doing pretty well with a 2-1 record. The only loss was a 2 pt overtime loss. Just annoying. They seem like darlings of NBA twitter and it's hard not to feel bad for them after they were pillaged by Ainge. But they're still not very good. They're still in the 7th seed and only one game out of missing the playoffs all together. They have some players with spunk but I don't know if there is anyone there that would crack our starting roster. They have an inefficient point guard putting up stats on bad team (not really an improvement if you ask me). And they have DeMarre Carroll! Just for fun, let's make sure we cover Harris. But that said, the game is not without intrigue. They may be way down in that 7th seed but that is the seed that counts for our 2nd place Raptors. If we need some motivation, we are 1 1/2 games up on the Warriors for home court in the finals (I think we have the tie breaker). And if you still need more motivation, there's always..............

One last thing I guess. It looks like I hit on something shouting out the Green Ranger before he went off in the game against Orlando. So for this game, I think I'll go with Spicy P. After a 6 pt / 3 rb game against Orlando, perhaps he can show who's the most improved in this matchup. See what I did there?
Working...
X